First Look: Cobra Golf T-Rail Irons

The F7 fairways with baffler rails is still my all time favorite FW. I imagine the rails on these would be super fun!

I sent an email to Cobra asking if I could have my T-rails built with the KBS Tour 90 shafts. Not only did they reply quickly but said they would add this shaft to the options available within a few days. Pretty darn good service!
Nice

One thing I found odd today on the Cobra site.

Was earlier this week you could pre order single irons. Today it was back to sets only.

Nice

One thing I found odd today on the Cobra site.

Was earlier this week you could pre order single irons. Today it was back to sets only.
Possibly tgw can help you there

Moving to plan B on how to acquire these. Will check when I get home and to the brick and mortar. It will pain me to move on from the cf16, but I can’t justify having 4 iron sets at home and am not ready to part with my dad’s clubs.

So tempted......Just over $650 with a Iron set trade in

T-Rail.JPG

Possibly tgw can help you there
Nope. Contacted TGW. They said no single TRails.

I had an email link from Kyle at Cobra with the single iron option. If I click that link it still brings them up. But using the menu on the Cobra site they don’t show anymore. Only the set.

Nope. Contacted TGW. They said no single TRails.

I had an email link from Kyle at Cobra with single irons. If I click that link it still brings them up. But using the menu they don’t show anymore.
Hmmm, maybe @Ryan_BudgetGolf can help? He’s used to working with our THPers and our rather unique requests.

Just pending confirmation on shipping through my brick and mortar (hopefully $0), ordered these 5-GW, AMT Red R300. Should know for sure tomorrow.

I'm not going to lie and say I like the look of these - but I do want to play some golf with them. Just to see what happens.

Just picked up 5 thru Gap at Golf Town in Hamilton On - got the stock steel shaft (FST Ultralite) in R Flex - like the D2 feeling over C9 in Graphite - very reasonable in price 900 bills - same lofts as the HB Launchers I have used on and off over the last 2 years - hope the weather changes so I can get out and try them before Spring

Just pending confirmation on shipping through my brick and mortar (hopefully $0), ordered these 5-GW, AMT Red R300. Should know for sure tomorrow.
How much upcharge was the AMT ?

Just picked up 5 thru Gap at Golf Town in Hamilton On - got the stock steel shaft (FST Ultralite) in R Flex - like the D2 feeling over C9 in Graphite - very reasonable in price 900 bills - same lofts as the HB Launchers I have used on and off over the last 2 years - hope the weather changes so I can get out and try them before Spring

Keep us posted.

even though the weather was cold 5 Celsius and feels like 1 Celsius I took 3 clubs to the range - 6-8 -and PW being older and a club hoe I have had over 35 sets of irons and these were one of the easiest to adjust to and hit well the first session - always hit blades until I hit 60 - over the last 7 years I have had shoulder concerns so I cant go down after the ball like I used to so I switched to cavity back and game improvement irons in 2014 most from the top line companies until my friend told me about the Launchers in Oct 2017 which I enjoyed hitting but I just couldn't get by the looks of them - The T rails are still big but being black and quite a bit narrower on the sole and top line are much more pleasing to the eye - feel softer than HB - launch and flight was lower than HB but that is the switch from graphite to steel - distance was perhaps half a club further than HB- out of the rough the T rails really shine - hitting knock downs with say a 5 6 or 7 I couldn't do with the HB so I carried a blade in my bag - T rails in **** weather today I was able to hit the knock down no problem - you can pick these clubs clean or even if you want to go down after it they perform well- I do believe Cobra has a winner with this line

Last edited:
A quick bump here. My order did go through; didn't ask about eta, but I'm hoping to at worst have these in hand this month. The T-Rail just made golf more fun for me, and at my level that's what it's all about.

A quick bump here. My order did go through; didn't ask about eta, but I'm hoping to at worst have these in hand this month. The T-Rail just made golf more fun for me, and at my level that's what it's all about.

You got the AMT Red shaft right?
On the Cobra site it just says DG AMT, so I contacted Cobra to see which version of AMT and Kyle from Cobra replied that it was the AMT White.
Maybe since you ordered through your Brick and Morter they had the red as an option too?

Did you get the normal Red or the Red (black Onyx)?

Anybody else worried about these getting banged up quick with bag chatter? I'm not super fussy but I kind of want my irons to look half decent when still newish. Can't see myself using headcovers.

I’ll be looking a little closer at these irons. I like the technology and I have interest in this type of iron.

Anybody else worried about these getting banged up quick with bag chatter? I'm not super fussy but I kind of want my irons to look half decent when still newish. Can't see myself using headcovers.
It’s a concern for me as I like to keep my gear looking decent.

Having said that. Holding these in hand the paint/ finish seems to be on there very well.
However it’s Cobra so highly skeptical as their finishes tend to be sub par. I’ve had brand new hybrids of theirs and within a month had some paint chips and they hit nothing to warrant that.

Hope they hold up though as these perform well.

It’s a concern for me as I like to keep my gear looking decent.

Having said that. Holding these in hand the paint/ finish seems to be on there very well.
However it’s Cobra so highly skeptical as their finishes tend to be sub par. I’ve had brand new hybrids of theirs and within a month had some paint chips and they hit nothing to warrant that.

Hope they hold up though as these perform well.

Can you expand on that? Is it just the woods or are you seeing it in irons wedges too?

My only paint failures were due not hitting the face. Similar hybrid failures were my own fault.

My DBM Black finishes on my wedges have held up extremely well, as has other irons from them that I've owned.

Is there no Cobra Connect option in these? No mention of it on the specs page. No option to select cobra connect grips in the custom build. If not, seems like a mistake. I feel like that technology benefits golfers, like myself, in this space more than it benefits low 'cap guys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Can you expand on that? Is it just the woods or are you seeing it in irons wedges too?

My only paint failures were due not hitting the face. Similar hybrid failures were my own fault.

My DBM Black finishes on my wedges have held up extremely well, as has other irons from them that I've owned.

Just woods and hybrids. I’ve never owned cobra irons or wedges long term

Edge in this comparison goes to the Turbos!

Haven’t watched this one yet but I kinda figured the Trails would be behind in their comparison as if you watch the first T-Rail review they did the say the Trail did not launch as high as their competitors.

In my testing thus far on the range and sim the Trail launched higher, spun more, had a steeper descent angle, and was longer by a couple yards. So all in what fits you.

Back