First Look: Titleist T400 Irons

Last edited:
Titleist continues to make great looking irons!

Thanks @JB

that's a good looking profile. To me it doesn't look as wide as the Cleveland's or Cobra's... I'd like to hit them and I bet they'd wind up in my bag.

Anybody hit these bad boys? I am thinking about adding one between my 23* hybrid and my 6 iron. Thinking one of these might work, but not sure. Maybe I should go hit them in store and see what's what.

Anybody hit these bad boys? I am thinking about adding one between my 23* hybrid and my 6 iron. Thinking one of these might work, but not sure. Maybe I should go hit them in store and see what's what.

Sure have. I liked them.

Sure have. I liked them.
What kind of flight do they produce? I am currently playing a 19* hybrid and a 23* hybrid and I love my 6 iron, but really struggle with 5 irons I have played in that gap. I really want something I am as comfortable with and thinking a 6 iron at the same length with a much stronger loft might work. Also thought a U510 at the same loft as my 23* hybrid but a couple inch shorter length might work. This is like the last spot I am not comfortable with right now.

What kind of flight do they produce? I am currently playing a 19* hybrid and a 23* hybrid and I love my 6 iron, but really struggle with 5 irons I have played in that gap. I really want something I am as comfortable with and thinking a 6 iron at the same length with a much stronger loft might work. Also thought a U510 at the same loft as my 23* hybrid but a couple inch shorter length might work. This is like the last spot I am not comfortable with right now.

I’m not going to be a ton of help here, but only because I have only tried the 7-PW.
The flight was similar to what I see out of my regular gamers. Decently high. More quick launch than penetrating.

i haven't, but ever since writing this intro piece I have been pretty interested in them. Esp in that long to mid iron range.

i haven't, but ever since writing this intro piece I have been pretty interested in them. Esp in that long to mid iron range.
You got me interested too 😂

Either that or the inordinate amount of time I am now spending on the internet while also trying to avoid the news.

You got me interested too

Either that or the inordinate amount of time I am now spending on the internet while also trying to avoid the news.

Golf club ponders about to skyrocket haha

I will see about getting those specifically sent over to you

Those lofts are pretty amazing to the eyes of a veteran player.
Maybe three clubs strong compared to the clubs with which I learned the game, but that's the way they do it now.

I read something somebody said on one of the golf forums. It may even have been this one, I'm not sure.
With modern loft / club number correlations, you choose an iron like a trumpet player reading piano music.
You just transpose in your head.

Maybe three clubs strong compared to the clubs with which I learned the game, but that's the way they do it now.

I read something somebody said on one of the golf forums. It may even have been this one, I'm not sure.
With modern loft / club number correlations, you choose an iron like a trumpet player reading piano music.

I played trumpet for 8 years. My golf game is thankfully better haha

The number on the bottom of a club no longer means anything. Hogan golf had it nailed right from the start, just put the loft on the bottom.

You too?

Great writeup explaining rationale, features and benefits. But at $200/graphite iron, it's hard to believe they're twice as good as some other offerings that cost a little more than half of that.

They did the T-MB's in the 716's. They have had a club like this for a long time.

Do you think launch characteristic is a made up term they use to justify their lofts though? Have you ever looked at a shot on the course and then chosen your club based on it's launch characteristic? Does anyone buy clubs based on their launch characteristic?

the second part is gold

I'm almost wanting to get a 7i or 6i to see how it compares to what I've got now. But that's a $200 idea there for a graphite shafted club.

I have a 5 and 6 irons on the way for some fun. 20° and 23°, I am looking forward to seeing if they can be a viable long iron option.

Hope they work for you!

Curious to see what kind of peak heights and descent angles you can achieve with these Dean.

Curious to see what kind of peak heights and descent angles you can achieve with these Dean.

Me too my man. Me too.

Back