First Look: Titleist T400 Irons

OK, if you happened to catch the unboxing video, I now have the 5 and 6 iron in hand. Here are a few in-hand photos. I must say, I like the way they look way more than I thought I would.

T400-1-L.jpg

T400-3-L.jpg

T400-5-L.jpg

T400-6-L.jpg

This is the 5 iron....

T400-7-L.jpg

T400-8-L.jpg

T400-9-L.jpg

T400-10-L.jpg

The prices seem to be skyrocketing from the $185.50 per club (steel) posted by the media to the $200 I saw yesterday on titleist.com.

Today, it says $220! Am I hallucinating?

The prices seem to be skyrocketing from the $185.50 per club (steel) posted by the media to the $200 I saw yesterday on titleist.com.

Today, it says $220! Am I hallucinating?
I see $220/club on their website too, so you're not hallucinating. Guess they're trying to give PXG a run for their money! :ROFLMAO:

Wowza... Cannot wait to see what the anti-loft guys think haha. 38 degree pitching wedge is strong.

We're on our way to 20º lob wedges at this rate!
No matter. The companies will make what they're going to make.

I've got the new T Series in my bag.
I hope that I get to play them someday.
They've never seen green grass yet.

Not my first Titleists, though.
I've had DCI 962s, Pro 100s, and PT metals. Still have them in my basement. They were all good stuff.

They look great and price is a bit prohibitive. But, I'm interested in how well they hold greens. You never know...

Very good looking set of clubs you have there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I saw it just me or is that offset a bit extreme? That shaft looks way forward. Or is that the loft jacking going on?

I saw it just me or is that offset a bit extreme? That shaft looks way forward. Or is that the loft jacking going on?

In the longer irons, there will be a fair bit of offset.

Just liked the picture and wanted to nudge as I am sure @ddec will have more soon.

I read thru the 160 posts in this thread to ensure I didn't miss anything...and the loft jacking comments appear to have been covered. I find it ironic that other manufacturers caught significantly more "grief" when they did it...but I digress...

While I like the looks of these irons, the # of wedges in the set are somewhat confusing, especially if the target audience is SGI and/or Distance. I guess it succeeds if the intent is to tell your buddies you hit a 9-iron into a green when they all are hitting 6 or 7-irons...but to have a PW and W1-3 seems to complicate things.

I get it, its all part of the larger T-series lineup...which could lead to some VERY interesting mixed sets...but surprising to see from Titleist.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I find it ironic that other manufacturers caught significantly more "grief" when they did it...but I digress...

Seriously? I think every thread is about equal as it relates to the same argument, although perhaps this one only having 160 posts might make up for that a bit?

I read thru the 160 posts in this thread to ensure I didn't miss anything...and the loft jacking comments appear to have been covered. I find it ironic that other manufacturers caught significantly more "grief" when they did it...but I digress...

While I like the looks of these irons, the # of wedges in the set are somewhat confusing, especially if the target audience is SGI and/or Distance. I guess it succeeds if the intent is to tell your buddies you hit a 9-iron into a green when they all are hitting 6 or 7-irons...but to have a PW and W1-3 seems to complicate things.

I get it, its all part of the larger T-series lineup...which could lead to some VERY interesting mixed sets...but surprising to see from Titleist.

I would believe, like most OEM's, that's why they give you the price of a single club. So you make the set the way you want. You could stop at the PW, then use Vokeys to fill the rest of the gaps in the wedges. That solves the problem of the complication.

I would believe, like most OEM's, that's why they give you the price of a single club. So you make the set the way you want. You could stop at the PW, then use Vokeys to fill the rest of the gaps in the wedges. That solves the problem of the complication.
While this is true, when a set of T400's stop at a 38* PW you'll need quite a few Vokeys to complete the set...which goes back to complicating things. Obviously this was bound to happen to a manufacturer at some point, with lofts getting more and more aggressive...just a bit polarizing that Titleist seems to have advanced by 2 clubs...err..."standard" lofts here.

OK, if you happened to catch the unboxing video, I now have the 5 and 6 iron in hand. Here are a few in-hand photos. I must say, I like the way they look way more than I thought I would.

T400-1-L.jpg

T400-3-L.jpg

T400-5-L.jpg

T400-6-L.jpg

This is the 5 iron....

T400-7-L.jpg

T400-8-L.jpg

T400-9-L.jpg

T400-10-L.jpg
If I was in the market for Irons or If I was going to Club Champion for an Iron Fitting, these T400 would be the first ones I would gravitate to.
Hybrid Iron lofts in a SGI package, my kind of Iron....and from Titleist no less. Win/Win!

If I was in the market for Irons or If I was going to Club Champion for an Iron Fitting, these T400 would be the first ones I would gravitate to.
Hybrid Iron lofts in a SGI package, my kind of Iron....and from Titleist no less. Win/Win!

I'm so hoping that the gov reverses course and opens up the courses around me. These need to be hit

I'm so hoping that the gov reverses course and opens up the courses around me. These need to be hit
Send them to Texas...golf is open here!

Texas? I don't do international shipping:alien:
Flights are cheap right now, just hand deliver them...

They look like transformers. I like it!

And the Titleist badge looks like it's a button that can be pressed and lights up and says press here for distance!

I see $220/club on their website too, so you're not hallucinating. Guess they're trying to give PXG a run for their money! :ROFLMAO:
Hard to believe Titleist is jacking prices in this economy... That said, these irons are very intriguing.

Anyone seen these in lefty on the used market yet?:D

So it looks like golf courses are opening back up this week with some heavy restrictions, which is cool. But it means I'll be able to hopefully get some on course time with these.

In the longer irons, there will be a fair bit of offset.
Honest question here: With the ability to move mass around using modern materials and tech, is all that offset necessary to shift COG enough to produce the desired flight?

Back