Fix This Golf Company

This could be Tour Edg Exotics?
The 2nd point about the company is as follows: "One of very few players that actually moves the needle."

Therefore, I don't think so.

But I've been wrong before.

Sounds like this company needs sizzle. i would look for an up and coming player with a unique style and build an image around that style, or go hard into an edgy and outside the box ad campaign that could pull some crossover appeal. selling sizzle is tough biz

The 2nd point about the company is as follows: "One of very few players that actually moves the needle."

Therefore, I don't think so.

But I've been wrong before.

You are not wrong.
And they do not have 1% of the market share, they are considerably less.

If the company mentioned here is Cobra, look at what happened this morning. Their star player wins a high-profile European event against a field that included Spieth and McIlroy. The tournament has been done for a while now, and there is NOTHING on their Facebook or Twitter accounts (either Cobra or Puma) about the win. Other companies have the "win" tweets/posts fired up and ready to go the second that the tournaments are finished. Maybe everyone is still sleeping on the West Coast, but I still think that's not good.

EDIT: Literally as I was posting this, Puma Golf put up a tweet congratulating Rickie. Maybe someone is reading this thread? :alien:

Fix This Golf Company

Puma has tweeted and cobra put out stuff during tournament. But I agree more should be done. This goes back to message and how to get there.

And I say all of that and should note I am not saying what or who this company is.

Edit I saw your edit. Haha

Focus on distance. That seems to be the trend in making a comeback.
Even though I'm personally tired of the distance claims, I think the general big box visiting, average golfer eats it up. If you have the "next big thing" run an add saying tour pro X switched and picked up 15 yards. Also have one of those random blind test showing that when so many people were properly fit, they picked up X yards.
Also have to make sure the sales staff at these box stores are properly trained on the features of your clubs, so your sales guys have to train them up, and bring some of them to your team with properly fit clubs. If they play it, and are confident in the product, they will sell more of them.
That is mostly geared toward drivers, but the same basic concept applies to the game improvement irons. Not super game improvement category, no one who visits big box stores is bad enough to need a super game improvement iron. Need something that can possibly be played on tour, but forgiving enough for the average golfer to play. Think apex or I series.

Back