Flight Simulation (PC)

They do sound good.

Also gotta hand it to that pilot didn't even think twice just dropped the hammer and pulled up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but that's why they practice in the simulator I guess. Slightly depressing for me that video as you see the 2 ops vehicles waiting to enter the runway for the routine inspections, which is what I used to do before I upped sticks and left for sunny California.

.......and you get to see Concorde sitting in its home (for now, as BA still don't really seem to know what to do with it).

.......and you get to see Concorde sitting in its home (for now, as BA still don't really seem to know what to do with it).
Speedbird 2. Nice catch!

Right before they land.

Flight Simulation (PC)

Speedbird 2. Nice catch!

Right before they land.

I worked at LHR for 20 years, so I knew it was there, otherwise I'd have probably missed it LOL Speedbird 2 was the call sign for BA002, not the aircraft. That one is G-BOAB ;) , although I assume AB was the second airframe which is what I'm guessing you meant. I did not know that.

From The Weather Channel Android App: http://www.weather.com/storms/winte...ane-to-abort-landing-in-uk?pl=pl-editor-picks

Crazy.

What the hell happened?

Low energy. Balked landing. Terrible condition to be in. Essentially realize your in that condition. Disengage autothrottles, autopilot (if it's still on), thrust levers full forward, speed brakes retract (if they were extended). Nose will want to pitch up with full power but push forward (which is not a great feeling at 50') to avoid a stall. Pitch for 4-10 degrees nose up. Accelerate to Vref and then start retracting flaps on schedule. After positive rate of climb and accelerating airspeed bring the gear up.
These guys did a good job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DCS World 2.0 is without a doubt the highest fidelity military combat simulator out there, unless you're only into flying the airliners? BMS is good as well, but is ancient and looks like crap. In DCS, the A-10C Warthog module was originally designed under contract to the US Coast Guard as a training tool for the Coast Guard to transfer their pilots from the Alpha to the Charlie Hog. Since then, they have released some "easier to use", lower fidelity, modules in the Flaming Cliffs 3 package (F-15C, Su-27, Mig-29) and they are currently developing a full fidelity F-18C with clickable cockpit, etc. Additionally, a phenomenal 3rd party developer is developing the F-14B Tomcat, again full fidelity with clickable cockpit. It is a study sim for the full fidelity models, but flying combat missions online against other pilots is great fun and very rewarding.

I myself run it on a high performance rig, with TrackIR 5.0, I use Saitek Pro Combat pedals, and I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. All in all I am about $5K invested, so I guess you could say yes I do enjoy it...although I don't have as much time as I'd hope for flying. Pic of my setup below:

68C970AC-DCF9-4359-A885-0D62ED7CB79E_zpsssloogy0.jpg

8A12D761-0D9C-47F4-8837-80831009BDF2_zps5mpr8atx.jpg

Here's a video of another high fidelity fighter that was recently released, M-2000C Mirage...this channel also has many videos worth checking out, if interested:

[video=youtube;-rD87Ed-4Fs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rD87Ed-4Fs[/video]

Low energy. Balked landing. Terrible condition to be in. Essentially realize your in that condition. Disengage autothrottles, autopilot (if it's still on), thrust levers full forward, speed brakes retract (if they were extended). Nose will want to pitch up with full power but push forward (which is not a great feeling at 50') to avoid a stall. Pitch for 4-10 degrees nose up. Accelerate to Vref and then start retracting flaps on schedule. After positive rate of climb and accelerating airspeed bring the gear up.
These guys did a good job.

You ever fly to O'Hare?

You ever fly to O'Hare?

Yup. The fun there starts when you land.

Yah it's a total cluster I avoid it as a connector at all costs. I try to go through Detroit whenever possible.

Just don't stop moving. That's the key.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Ord is perhaps one of the best run airports. At least till the weather moves in. I'll take it any day over NYC, ATL, DFW

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Who wants to be my flight coach? :)

Nah I just don't know what the hell I'm doing. I mean I can fly from a to b fine it's really easy but when you get live ATC involved I don't understand the communication and directions

Nah I just don't know what the hell I'm doing. I mean I can fly from a to b fine it's really easy but when you get live ATC involved I don't understand the communication and directions

Ask away.

You should check out the LA ARTC online. They are like the pros for flying on Vatsim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask away.

Just following instructions. I really don't know what to even ask ha-ha.

I don't know the terminology and when u have to go into holds and DME and etc between the ATC and FMC I get confused as hell.

I know one thing I've gained a new respect for pilots. I mean it gets busy up there and with real lives involved in sure it can be extremely tense in high traffic areas or when something goes wrong.

Just following instructions. I really don't know what to even ask ha-ha.

I don't know the terminology and when u have to go into holds and DME and etc between the ATC and FMC I get confused as hell.

I know one thing I've gained a new respect for pilots. I mean it gets busy up there and with real lives involved in sure it can be extremely tense in high traffic areas or when something goes wrong.

PM me any questions you have. I'll gladly answer them.
Also, to be honest, it's never tense up in the flight deck with ATC. We do this so much, it's second nature to us. The only thing that gets me a little stressed is landing in really crappy weather. Even then we run numbers to make sure it's safe and if it isn't we don't land.

PM me any questions you have. I'll gladly answer them.
Also, to be honest, it's never tense up in the flight deck with ATC. We do this so much, it's second nature to us. The only thing that gets me a little stressed is landing in really crappy weather. Even then we run numbers to make sure it's safe and if it isn't we don't land.
Is that you in the second plane??

When you're landing sideways is that a sign of a little wind? :)

https://youtu.be/MhADCZamiQg

Is that you in the second plane??

When you're landing sideways is that a sign of a little wind? :)

https://youtu.be/MhADCZamiQg

Nice. Anything over a 20kt crosswind and we're required to land like that. (Zero side slip). It's actually fairly straightforward. It's fairly aggressive for the people towards the back of the plane as we kick the rudder aggressively after touchdown to straighten the nose. The fun with these are when its gusty. ✈️

Updated my WW2 flight simulator (IL2) to version 4.13 recently. I normally fly "real" except for complex engine management (prop pitch, switching superchargers, etc). Had my behind handed to me quickly even though I was in a superior plane because I couldn't keep everything optimized. Though I've been "flying" for years it's a great reminder how difficult it was 60+ years ago.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The company I work for turned 20 yesterday. I've been there for 14. Here's a pic of the old 737's we used to fly. I think you guys should set this up in your basement
954864db29f4857fbef7d6371300de6e.jpg

Back