Flight Simulation (PC)

Yea, I just watched a youtube vid for X plane, graphics appeared 10 years old. But he did say it excelled at 'realism.'

~Rock
There is even a group called VATSIM that is online air traffic control in the flight sim x world.

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

X Plane has beter flight dynamics but the graphics weren't quite there as I remember. The add-ons available for flight sim x can really turn it into a total immersion of the aviation world.

This is how I understood it as well. I've watched a ton of streams lately and the general consensus is the flight is slightly better but the landscape , graphics, and lack of mods makes FSX The better choice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I understood it as well. I've watched a ton of streams lately and the general consensus is the flight is slightly better but the landscape , graphics, and lack of mods makes FSX The better choice .

FSX is far superior when you add on all the available options such as real world weather, better terrain, and upgraded airports and then top it off with a high end airplane... It will tax the heck out of your computer but its awesome. Then you get yourself a VATSIM client and start flying routes with ATC and its pretty sweet. A lot of the virtual airlines have fly ins and such so you can get a pretty authentic experience flying out of major airports. Its pretty crazy when they stack the frequencies and you can talk to everyone from Clearance Delivery, all the way up through Centers...

FSX is far superior when you add on all the available options such as real world weather, better terrain, and upgraded airports and then top it off with a high end airplane... It will tax the heck out of your computer but its awesome. Then you get yourself a VATSIM client and start flying routes with ATC and its pretty sweet. A lot of the virtual airlines have fly ins and such so you can get a pretty authentic experience flying out of major airports. Its pretty crazy when they stack the frequencies and you can talk to everyone from Clearance Delivery, all the way up through Centers...

We need to chat.

I have a beast of a PC so I'm hoping it can handle all this has to offer .

Do you recommend just buying FSX deluxe right off the bat? 180 is a lot of money but I want all this has to offer.

We need to chat.

Do you recommend just buying FSX deluxe right off the bat? 180 is a lot of money but I want all this has to offer.

Go on ebay and buy yourself a copy of FSX Gold... You want the original FSX, along with the acceleration pack as it fixes some of the major glitches... That gets you to the most 'recent' version of FSX without having to fiddle with Service Packs and such.

Now that i said that, i just looked at your post and saw $180. Jeez, i paid like $40 for my copy....

We need to chat.

Do it! It really is amazing how FSX can turn into a mirror of a real world airline setting if you so choose.

Flight Simulator is the way to go. Then as mentioned previously, head over to avsim.net where you can download a stack of liveries and scenery add ons. I had a superb Heathrow add on that was so realistic.
If you get into it, it's worth getting a yoke (it sounds a bit nobbish, but it's far easier to control than with a joystick). And if you get even more into it, buy a USB headset with mic, so when you get into flying online with real life ATC (they are just fellow nerds that prefer controlling rather than flying) you can get the full experience. I hung up my gear a while ago, but I have racked up some serious flying miles LOL.

Already have the headset covered I've been a need for years !

You can even fly for virtual airlines which is kinda cool (or sad LOL). I did a great fly in once from Germany to Heathrow with full ATC the whole way. Loads of other aircraft, a tonne of frequency changes, loved it. I'll stop now before I start sounding like a right sad case (although that's probably too late LOL)

You can even fly for virtual airlines which is kinda cool (or sad LOL). I did a great fly in once from Germany to Heathrow with full ATC the whole way. Loads of other aircraft, a tonne of frequency changes, loved it. I'll stop now before I start sounding like a right sad case (although that's probably too late LOL)

Actually dude this is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm a giant nerd no shame here.

Edit: I have noticed from watching streams a TON of Brits play this game, which is cool with me.

I downloaded this for Steam and it looks nothing like the things I see on stream.

So lost, but I know I need to get controls.

Flight Simulation (PC)

I tell you what JRod. You teach me to be a single digit handicapper and I'll teach you how to fly a Boeing.

Actually what I'd rather do is get you in the actual 737 sim in Calgary for one of my sessions. Then hand over the controls to you for a few landings at the end of the session.

I tell you what JRod. You teach me to be a single digit handicapper and I'll teach you how to fly a Boeing.

Deal.

Does that include a real flight? :angel:

Asked my buddy and he said his stuff is way outdated, sorry bout that. Looks like there's a ton of good info in here however tho. Flights sims are pretty awesome, wish i didn't suck at them.

Asked my buddy and he said his stuff is way outdated, sorry bout that. Looks like there's a ton of good info in here however tho. Flights sims are pretty awesome, wish i didn't suck at them.

No problem thanks for checking dude!

I don't know much about Microsoft Flight Sim, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

No problem thanks for checking dude!
You bet. He did open my eyes to the world of sims tho, i had no idea they had so many different types lol. The obvious ones but then he showed me a farm tractor sim and 18 wheeler sim? Absolutely no idea they existed outside of maybe like training facilities or something. Kinda cool i suppose

I think when guys start off they start off too big. When I learned to fly it was on Cessna 152's. 2 seaters. Why would it different on MFS?
My suggestion would be to start a sim on those. Learn how to fly straight and level, turn, climb and descend. Learn how to take off and land. Get comfortable. Do 1 hour flights taking off from one airport and landing at another. Get super comfy with that and then progress with some instrument flying.
After that PM me, I can point you further.

I think when guys start off they start off too big. When I learned to fly it was on Cessna 152's. 2 seaters. Why would it different on MFS?
My suggestion would be to start a sim on those. Learn how to fly straight and level, turn, climb and descend. Learn how to take off and land. Get comfortable. Do 1 hour flights taking off from one airport and landing at another. Get super comfy with that and then progress with some instrument flying.
After that PM me, I can point you further.

You're probably right haha i appreciate the help / offer but i just dabble. He had an older jet sim which i just hopped on for a bit to screw around. He guided me through getting her started and then i proceeded to crash shortly after takeoff lol they are addicting tho.

Not gonna lie I'm about to order one of these.

http://www.volairsim.com

Your going to need one of those matrox video splitters to run 3 screens that smoothly. Go YouTube 737 flight simulator and watch some of the guys with full setups in their basement.

Your going to need one of those matrox video splitters to run 3 screens that smoothly. Go YouTube 737 flight simulator and watch some of the guys with full setups in their basement.

Yah I saw the British dudes that have a full 737 cockpit in their basement with real decommissioned parts.

Crazy.

Back