Flight Simulation (PC)

Yep vatsim and pmdg are both compatible .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flight Simulation (PC)

Some pics from my sim today to inspire your home build.
5c0c67d3716cf2b241e216c911eb219c.jpg

They just upgraded the graphics on our 737 sims. First time I've had a wing walker and tug on pushback. Weather set to 600RVR or 1/8 mile.
475f69ce069f965a2d188dfe2c7dcce7.jpg

878746fe966afe9bcb5550b467a0c3ed.jpg

Taxiing off 06L in Toronto. Emirates A380 and KLM 747 at the parking stands.
945bc991a3435dcadf524b8dd30f77cd.jpg

I had never heard of p3d. Looks pretty serious. If I didn't play with the real thing, I'd probably be buying a computer to run it.

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

Some pics from my sim today to inspire your home build.
5c0c67d3716cf2b241e216c911eb219c.jpg

They just upgraded the graphics on our 737 sims. First time I've had a wing walker and tug on pushback. Weather set to 600RVR or 1/8 mile.
475f69ce069f965a2d188dfe2c7dcce7.jpg

878746fe966afe9bcb5550b467a0c3ed.jpg

Taxiing off 06L in Toronto. Emirates A380 and KLM 747 at the parking stands.
945bc991a3435dcadf524b8dd30f77cd.jpg

What type of software does that run on ?

I'm extremely inexperienced but in the 10 ish hours I've spent with both P3D us much nicer .

Far less planes default but everything is so much smoother and the controls seem much better .

I'm extremely inexperienced but in the 10 ish hours I've spent with both P3D us much nicer .

Far less planes default but everything is so much smoother and the controls seem much better .

You'll quickly learn you only want to fly aftermarket stuff anyhow. The comparisons on YouTube are pretty stark.

You'll quickly learn you only want to fly aftermarket stuff anyhow. The comparisons on YouTube are pretty stark.

Yep I bought a dash 8 last night

Real FMS is pretty complicated to get the hang of. Of course I've had to learn everything from Sid to starr because before this I knew absolutely zero about aviation.

It's been a little frustrating because it's a lot harder than I though but I think it will be worth it!

Hopefully this weekend I can make a full IFR flight from Chicago to DFW

Does the dash 8 have a full tutorial for you to follow? The FMS is a pain to program (which is why real pilots dont have to, its already uploaded to the plane) but makes it so much easier to fly. Especially if you have VNAV capability w/ auto throttle... Get it off the runway, get it to 400 feet, and set lnav and vnav...

Does the dash 8 have a full tutorial for you to follow? The FMS is a pain to program (which is why real pilots dont have to, its already uploaded to the plane) but makes it so much easier to fly. Especially if you have VNAV capability w/ auto throttle... Get it off the runway, get it to 400 feet, and set lnav and vnav...

There are some YouTube videos on it.

I signed up for navigraph because it's what majestic picked for their FMS.

Everything for this costs money.

It's amazing

Depends on the fms and airline I suppose. We program at least the flight plan every flight.

Do you guys program weight and fuel as well?

Do you guys program weight and fuel as well?

Fuel is read thru sensors on the tanks. Weight is uploaded or can be input.

LOL

Flight Simulation (PC)

Real FMS is pretty complicated to get the hang of. Of course I've had to learn everything from Sid to starr because before this I knew absolutely zero about aviation.

It's been a little frustrating because it's a lot harder than I though but I think it will be worth it!

Hopefully this weekend I can make a full IFR flight from Chicago to DFW

I told you man. Learn the basics.

We have to program everything in the FMS. The only things uploaded to us are the route and weight and balance. Sometimes they don't work and we have to manually enter it but make no mistake we are continually programming the FMS the entire flight from preflight to post flight. It's not that difficult once you do it enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get it off the runway, get it to 400 feet, and set lnav and vnav...

Bah, don't be an FMC driver at first.

Learn to navigate via VOR's (and even NDB's) first. Yes, it's old-school and yes it's not used much anymore, especially in airlines, but there's going to be an awful lot of confusing stuff on your sectional charts if you don't.

If there's one thing a VATSIM controller hates, it's a plane turning the wrong way, directly into oncoming traffic and the pilot's going "Uhhhh....I don't know what happened, my FMC turned me that way." You say, "Ok, no problem, turn right direct XYZ VOR, and they're like "Hang on...give me a minute...let me punch that in." Meanwhile the traffic is barreling down on them at 800 knots relative speed. Beads of sweat are rolling down the controller's forehead as he waits for the pilot to figure out how to program his FMC. Finally the controller gives an exasperated, "Fly heading 180 and let me know when you've got that thing programmed."

Doing a difficult approach in IMC the old-school way is so much fun (on a sim). Doing a difficult approach in IMC with a FMC consists of changing the altitude dial. I'm sure in real life it's more stressful, but in a sim, you can go make a sandwich while the FMC guides you between the terrain. Just not as fun.

Finally, navigating successfully via VOR's/airways/jetways always gave me a huge sense of accomplishment.

Bah, don't be an FMC driver at first.

Learn to navigate via VOR's (and even NDB's) first. Yes, it's old-school and yes it's not used much anymore, especially in airlines, but there's going to be an awful lot of confusing stuff on your sectional charts if you don't.

If there's one thing a VATSIM controller hates, it's a plane turning the wrong way, directly into oncoming traffic and the pilot's going "Uhhhh....I don't know what happened, my FMC turned me that way." You say, "Ok, no problem, turn right direct XYZ VOR, and they're like "Hang on...give me a minute...let me punch that in." Meanwhile the traffic is barreling down on them at 800 knots relative speed. Beads of sweat are rolling down the controller's forehead as he waits for the pilot to figure out how to program his FMC. Finally the controller gives an exasperated, "Fly heading 180 and let me know when you've got that thing programmed."

Doing a difficult approach in IMC the old-school way is so much fun (on a sim). Doing a difficult approach in IMC with a FMC consists of changing the altitude dial. I'm sure in real life it's more stressful, but in a sim, you can go make a sandwich while the FMC guides you between the terrain. Just not as fun.

Finally, navigating successfully via VOR's/airways/jetways always gave me a huge sense of accomplishment.

EXACTLY. Guys like Flying Wedge and myself only learned about FMC flying and flying modern airliners after thousands of hours of actual flight time. Not sure why guys expect to nail it immediately in the sim world.

I don't do a flight simulator but I do a racing simulator. iracing.com

Don't post links like this you arse, I'm flying with them in 2 weeks LOL

I hope it was just a trim setting an not the jack screw (see Alaska airlines for that reference). I have to hope they are all safe, allegiant has a decent presence at our local airport.

Back