Flu Season - Do You Get A Flu Shot?

Never had one and don't plan on getting one. I got the flu in college and it was the closest I've felt to dying (and I've been shot at). I've flirted with getting one because I have a toddler at home, but right now - nah

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I was in the 'no' camp until getting the flu about 5 years ago. My experience was very similar to DonJuan. I was in complete misery for a week. That event flipped me into the 'yes' camp. If you get the shot and contract the virus later, then the effects of the illness are significantly reduced (in most cases).

I get my flu shot every year. Never get the flu. Sure sounds like a valid cause and effect.

Some years I get it, some I don’t. I’ve been going on about 4 years not getting the shot. May get it this year. It’s free, so we’ll see. I don’t think I’ve had the flu in a long, long time. Some days I believe the shot is effective, some I’m skeptical.

I’m old. Of course I get a flu shot every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reminder, need to get mine

Have to get one for work, although they forgot to check last year and I skipped it. Got a notice last week so I'll need it by the end of the month.

I have never had side effects of getting the flu shot, haven't gotten one this year yet.
My wife just got her second shot of the singles vaccine, and it wiped her out for 2 days, she still has a lump on her arm. I won't get that one for awhile.
I just got a shingles shot and have to get the second one after Halloween. That shot hurts worse than a tetanus shot.

And I get a flu shot every year and have not had the flu since I was a kid.

Also I am disappointed that I didn't create this thread this year!

I just got a shingles shot and have to get the second one after Halloween. That shot hurts worse than a tetanus shot.

I'm thinking I will just wait until after the Grandaddy to get the shingles shots.

I’ll get shot as soon as a available as haven’t had the flu (touch wood) since I started getting the annual shot over 20 years ago. Medical authorities up here are saying that the strain is pretty strong this year based on Australia’s recent experience so don’t want to take any chances. Never had any side effects so been fine with me.

I get one every year. Never get the flu. My wife refuses to get one. She hasn't had the flu either!

I don't get it, but absolutely would if it worked. At least in my circle, shot/ no-shot people seem to get the flu at the same rate.

Every year. If you get sick...you were already fighting something off. My wife said no to the flu shot last year and got the flu. She will be getting hers this year

This thread has not disappointed yet again! So much greatness! #TinFoilTime
After 6 days of the flu, I would probably get a shot from just about any foreign government with whatever nefarious stated purpose if it reduced my likelihood of the flu by even 10%. This has not been fun, at all.

3d9zg7.jpg

After 6 days of the flu, I would probably get a shot from just about any foreign government with whatever nefarious stated purpose if it reduced my likelihood of the flu by even 10%. This has not been fun, at all.

3d9zg7.jpg
Were you able to get the Tamiflu or had to fight it alone?

Were you able to get the Tamiflu or had to fight it alone?
I got the tamiflu between days 0 and 1 since I was the last one in my family to show symptoms. I definitely think it helped lessen the severity. My kid who was "patient zero" in our house took about 9 days to finally get back to 100%, and had no tamiflu.

Always have, always will.

Have to get one for work, although they forgot to check last year and I skipped it. Got a notice last week so I'll need it by the end of the month.

Same here. Requirements for working for a major hospital. Get your flu shot or you’re required to wear a mask to work everyday till March 1st.

yes, I get the flu shot every year not just to help protect myself from influenza, but also to help protect the people around me as well.
unfortunately there are too many non believers out there that do not take the shot so it is impossible to achieve herd immunity against the flu.

Same here. Requirements for working for a major hospital. Get your flu shot or you’re required to wear a mask to work everyday till March 1st.
I would show up for an entire week with a Batman mask on and speak in a low, gravelly voice, then get the shot.

I’m going today, actually. Being a moderately healthy adult, I usually wait to see if there’s a shortage (which hasn’t happened in awhile, come to think of it). I’d rather kids and the elderly go first, as my immune system is probably strong enough to handle it. However where I’m staying has 2 kids and a 91 year old, so early adopter this year.

I get one every year and never had a negative reaction to it. They come to my workplace and it's free so that's hard to beat, plus I havent had the flu since I've been getting shots.

Yes. Every year. My wife, myself, and my two kids get them. We may not completely dodge the flu, but we usually bounce back pretty quickly if we get it.

I love the internet, but when it comes to vaccines, I think it has done a disservice and made too many people unintelligent.

It's funny how when you say you don't get the flu shot everyone assumes that you are some conspiracy theorist. Some people don't feel the need because they are healthy. Personally, I just don't like adding things to my To-do list. I don't fear that the shot will get me sick. I don't think the government is trying to inject something into the population (although it has happened before). I don't get the shot for the same reason I don't drink Jagermeister, I prefer not to.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Back