For those that this applies to…Why do you “prefer a milled putter” to an insert?

@Jman I posted on the other thread, but can paraphrase here. For me being deaf, I may actually get feel from my hands and less from what hearing I still have. I can, and have played with many different inserts metal and polymer etc. I prefer milled for how I feel and see the ball go.

Being deaf, I guess I get more feel visually and from the sensation in my hands. If the head shape fits my eye, and I can roll putts with it, I'll play whatever, but if I get the option, heavy headed milled will usually win - probably because I have yet to see a heavy headed insert putter.

The grip is going to effect “feel” as well.

For years, I wouldn’t care and would try anything. Then there was that micro-hinge tech on Odyssey putters that so many love. I absolutely hated it. Ever since, for myself, I just dismiss inserts.

In general, I think milled putters feel better. Some inserts feel too stiff and others feel too soft

This is the first time I have ever used an insert putter and I'm in love. I now see why folks love Odyssey putters. I always thought insert putters would be too "soft." I stand corrected using the MH Jailbird 380. Such awesome feel off the face.

Back