mizunoboy

Reaction score
Handicap
Warm greetings from SoCal everyone! A new member to the site, but have lurked for many years. Not even sure what prompted me to take the plunge, but glad I did.

I'm a Saturday morning, early bird golfer, who likes to get around in under 4 hours. I play all the muni and public courses in the Los Angeles area -- wherever me and my group can find a teetime before the sun is in full view. I like to get out early before the wife and kids are awake, and come home by mid-morning so that we have the rest of the day to do stuff. Favorite courses are Griffith Park (Harding/Wilson), Hansen Dam, Rec Park 18 in Long Beach, Rustic Canyon and Olivas Links all the way out in Ventura.

I would say my golf obsession is a constant pursuit of swing improvement and maximizing my potential in each part of the game. I've never taken a lesson mostly because I don't trust anyone fully enough to lead me in the right direction at the right time, but perhaps that's just being stubborn. My belief is that every piece of swing advice you see out there is actually 100% valid and correct, but each needs to be applied at the exact right moment and in the exact right combination with other concepts to actually lead you in the right direction. (Not sure how I got on this tangent but I'll stop lecturing now like I know anything.)

Anyhow, glad to be part of this community now and look forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! And what a great name!

Welcome to THP! Can't wait to hear about your experiences! Dig in and be active!

welcome to the party!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome

Welcome to THP.

Welcome! Youve come to the right place! Let me know if you're ever up north near Santa Barbara!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome:thp:

Hi! I was born at Huntington Memorial and grew up right next door to you in San Marino. Its nice to see a little slice of home 'round here 🤟

I grew up on Arroyo Seco, Brookside, Pico Rivera, etc.

Live in Southern Arizona now, so shouting a big fat HELLO and WELCOME down I-10 in a westward direction 🤪

Back