Fyre Lake National Review - Sherrard IL

Boo Easter. Anybody else?

I know it dude. Should be decent weather too.

Did you end up playing Sunday? What kind of shape was the course in if you did?

I know it dude. Should be decent weather too.

Dang Ryan just seen this tonight. I'll be free this weekend if your up for a round???

Did you end up playing Sunday? What kind of shape was the course in if you did?

Nope, I forgot it was Easter and spent the day at home.

Dang Ryan just seen this tonight. I'll be free this weekend if your up for a round???

I think we can work something out. Lemme check and I'll get back with you.

I think we can work something out. Lemme check and I'll get back with you.
sounds good, maybe I can get Brian to come up also.

$40 on Golfnow.

Saturday may be the better day though. 60% chance of storms on Sunday.

What time works best for you man? My wife works so I got no plans yet.
Saturday may be the better day though. 60% chance of storms on Sunday.

Let me check with Erica to see what works. Looks like there won't be any frost problems, so something in the 8-9am range would work. Need to make sure that fits in with the family's agenda though.

I will be good for Saturday because Jenn is working, but sunday it's suppose to storm and I'll be in champaign. Brian said he probably has to work on saturday unless a miracle happens.
Let me check with Erica to see what works. Looks like there won't be any frost problems, so something in the 8-9am range would work. Need to make sure that fits in with the family's agenda though.

Let me check the weather tomorrow and I'll get up with you. I've not heard good things about conditions at this course right now though. We may want to wait a few weeks.

That's fine, unless you have another course you think would be good. Seen Frye Lake has there website up and looks pretty nice.
Let me check the weather tomorrow and I'll get up with you. I've not heard good things about conditions at this course right now though. We may want to wait a few weeks.

Yea it does look nice! Tell you what, let's just wait a couple weeks. I really don't want to spend $40 for a course in rotten condition.

Hey guys please keep us in the loop on this place and conditions. A buddy and I are thinking about driving out to play it in May or June.

Uh, you better get in touch ACE. I live just up the road.

Will let Hawk do that work for you man. Say this course has a lot of potentional and if they work on it correctly it could be a top rated course. I haven't seen it this year but I imagine come next month it should be looking good.
Hey guys please keep us in the loop on this place and conditions. A buddy and I are thinking about driving out to play it in May or June.

Sounds good to me. We just don't want to drive out if it's in rough shape. Need some local recon. Seems to me that price point is a bit high for being where it is. But I'll have to see for myself :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

It's a course you have to book on GolfNow or Golf18. Never call and reserve a tee time, because you'll pay full price while the internet saves you 40%.

Talked with someone that is very familiar with the course and supposedly they've got the greens in good shape this year. Going to confirm by playing on Sunday. $35, which if the course is in good shape is an incredible price.

Talked with someone that is very familiar with the course and supposedly they've got the greens in good shape this year. Going to confirm by playing on Sunday. $35, which if the course is in good shape is an incredible price.
thanks great to hear. I'll have to make it up there again soon. shoot with all this rain were getting the grass should be growing good up there.

Greens are definitely cut shorter this year. Nothing lightning fast, which is good considering the slope/undulation on the greens, but definitely quicker than they've ever been in the two preceding seasons.

Still some rough areas here and there in the fairways. A couple ugly spots on the greens, but overall much improved and more enjoyable.

Rough is odd compared to other area courses. Pretty sparse, which is nice. They've cut down some of the natural areas, which definitely speeds up play a little, but still lots of it out there if you miss. Sand is in the same shape as always. Pretty good. Somewhat grainy and could use a good watering, but definitely above average.

Course is hard in the wind. 30mph today and it's just tough b/c of that big old lake.

I'll definitely be back this year. Good challenging greens and a fun, unique layout.

Glad to hear they have made some changes there to improve the course. I would love to head up there late summer fall and give it a try again.
Greens are definitely cut shorter this year. Nothing lightning fast, which is good considering the slope/undulation on the greens, but definitely quicker than they've ever been in the two preceding seasons.

Still some rough areas here and there in the fairways. A couple ugly spots on the greens, but overall much improved and more enjoyable.

Rough is odd compared to other area courses. Pretty sparse, which is nice. They've cut down some of the natural areas, which definitely speeds up play a little, but still lots of it out there if you miss. Sand is in the same shape as always. Pretty good. Somewhat grainy and could use a good watering, but definitely above average.

Course is hard in the wind. 30mph today and it's just tough b/c of that big old lake.

I'll definitely be back this year. Good challenging greens and a fun, unique layout.

Back