emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Driver: TaylorMade M3 440 9* Accra Tour RPG tipped 2"
3wood: TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* Tour Accra Tour ZX 4100
5wood: TaylorMade 2017 M2 18* Tour Accra Tour ZX 4100
Irons: Titleist 716 MB 4-9 KBS Tour C-Taper 130X
Wedges: Vokey SM7 Raw 47-10Fm 52-08F, 57-10S / Callaway MD PM grind 60-10 KBS Tour C-Taper 130X
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Prototype
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X

i believe for wedges are 48* bent to 47 and 56 bent to 57.

Bridgestone ball...interesting

PM grind 60* is a bit lonely too.

Yeah I was told the same earlier.

He swapped some gear around from around this time last year. 5w in, tmb 2i and 716 mb 3i out, vokey wedge upgrade. Driver and 3w both different from last year. Putter too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It WAS a Tour B!!!!!

So happy for Woodland after last year.

I have a feeling were going to see a lot more mixed bags if guys like Woodland and Koepka keep performing. If the sponsorship deals with OEM arent as plentiful its gonna make more sense to focus on winnings rather then guaranteed contracts.

100 gram fairway shafts...

Like Gary’s game, good win for him. Wow 100 gram fairway wood shaft, thought my 86 was pretty hefty.

He swapped some gear around from around this time last year. 5w in, tmb 2i and 716 mb 3i out, vokey wedge upgrade. Driver and 3w both different from last year. Putter too

He's had the TM at the top of the bag and Titleist irons for the last couple years. Had the Callaway 60° this time last year too. Forgot he was a Callaway staffer in 2015. Had Vokey Wedges then too.
Been an Under Armour guy for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Accra don’t see that too often.

I guess he's been on and off the map the last few years, but how does he not have an equipment deal?

Fascinating bag setup.

First win for the Tour B X and the new Vokeys?

I guess he's been on and off the map the last few years, but how does he not have an equipment deal?

Couple guesses: OEMs have seen the same thing many of us have (reminds me of the who moves the needle thread) and instead of putting money out to lots of different tour players, putting the money to a few known players or up and comers that they think will develop into stars.

I also think like Spieth his deal with Under Armour probably hurts his sponsor ship opportunities as UA gets the prime real estate on his hat and shirt. Spieth has deals with Coca Cola, AT&T and I am sure some others so he is probably at least making up for not having a big club deal like Rory, but not sure how much Woodland would cost.

Also, I have said this many times, but if you are Bridgestone wouldn't you call his agent as soon as he was in the lead and offer him a ball contract for the rest of year so you can tout he, BDC and Kuch as being in the top 5? How much can a ball only deal cost, and he MASHES the ball so ROI should be good....

If I understand this correctly while he played with a bridgestone ball since he is not under contract they can't use his name or likeness to promote their product, please correct me if I am wrong.

That's the bag of a mercenary golfer right there! Great win for Woodland for sure.

Solid bag! You can tell it's built 100% around what works for him.

Couple guesses: OEMs have seen the same thing many of us have (reminds me of the who moves the needle thread) and instead of putting money out to lots of different tour players, putting the money to a few known players or up and comers that they think will develop into stars.

I also think like Spieth his deal with Under Armour probably hurts his sponsor ship opportunities as UA gets the prime real estate on his hat and shirt. Spieth has deals with Coca Cola, AT&T and I am sure some others so he is probably at least making up for not having a big club deal like Rory, but not sure how much Woodland would cost.

Also, I have said this many times, but if you are Bridgestone wouldn't you call his agent as soon as he was in the lead and offer him a ball contract for the rest of year so you can tout he, BDC and Kuch as being in the top 5? How much can a ball only deal cost, and he MASHES the ball so ROI should be good....

If I understand this correctly while he played with a bridgestone ball since he is not under contract they can't use his name or likeness to promote their product, please correct me if I am wrong.

They can advertise that the winner of the 2017 Waste Management Phoenix Open uses the ball. Thats about it.

They can advertise that the winner of the 2017 Waste Management Phoenix Open uses the ball. Thats about it.

Correct. We see it with shaft and grip companies each week. Im honestly surprised Bridgestone has not embraced this in a big way already. It was Super Bowl Sunday, and tons of eyes were following the social media feeds. Quick and easy about a choice and then let golfers decide how to engage with it.

I'm always somewhat amazed with the bags of players without equipment deals, especially with driver and FW woods.

@emart2173

Thanks for putting all of the WITB up I enjoy seeing all of them regardless of sponsor/sponsors!

Back