Gas Prices: What are you paying?

I hope so. According to the survey done in April this year, Chicago had the highest gas prices in the contiguous United States. I hardly ever drive, but this still sucks. Plus, the cabbies get to increase our fare when the gas prices are over a certain amount. Not a big fan of that!

Last edited:
I hope it does. Usually it seems like they raise gas prices during the summer. This would be a nice break, especially since one of my cars takes super.

We can only hope. Funny how when the oil companies don't want to lose their tax Breaks gas goes down.

I read an article in the NY Times about how the Saudi Prince was pushing for prices to drop. He stated oil per barrel should be no more than $80 but at the time were well over $100. He blamed civil unrest in the region and of course OPEC.
His concern was with the flagrant over pricing that the west (US) would have even more of a reason to research alternative methods of fuel which would ultimately hurt his country as oil is their primary export. At least we have that going for us... At least it sounds promising.

I hope its true. My oldest daughter is expecting her 3rd child in late July and we'll be driving to Detroit from NJ. Lower gas prices would be nice.

I hope its true. My oldest daughter is expecting her 3rd child in late July and we'll be driving to Detroit from NJ. Lower gas prices would be nice.

Congrats. My 2nd son is due July 4.

Heard on radio today that "experts" predict gas prices to DROP by 10% by July 4th this year! :drinks:
How is this relevant to golf... simple. Less $ at the pumps = more $ for golf...duh! Let's hope this proves to be true

Or the further you can go to get to a golf course! (Just took a buddies trip last month to Mesquite, NV, about 350 miles away. Ouch.)

Just paid $3.39 this morning in northwest Atlanta Metro area....I drive 800-1000 miles per week and lower prices would be awesome. Good news is that my club is literally within walking distance if I wanted to....

Man gas prices are still at $3.96 here just north of Detroit. WTF? why are we paying so much more than others??

Just paid $3.65...it's going down. Thank God!

$3.47 here in Tulsa area. We're usually one of the cheapest places in the nation......

Man gas prices are still at $3.96 here just north of Detroit. WTF? why are we paying so much more than others??

Taxes, for starters, would be my guess. Gas costs more in Kansas City on the Kansas side than it does on the Missouri side because there is more tax on gas in Kansas. Usually around 8 to 15 cents a gallon difference between stations. Of course, the roads are better maintained in Kansas. Missouri is catching up though.

Taxes, for starters, would be my guess
You are correct -- that is definitely one reason. Another would be distance from refineries or pipelines....you have to factor everything into the price of gas -- starting with the prospecting of the area, land leases, drilling rights, then the cost of the equipment and supplies to drill, manpower to operate the rig, trucking, refining (thanks to government and EPA high standards and changes required for gasoline during the summer, this increases refinery costs and inhibits production at the start), pipeline maintainence, more trucking, yada, yada, yada, taxes, yada, yada, yada.....

My dad is a petroleum geologist and gas and oil is all I grew up with

Filled up 3 times today.

On the way out of town I stopped in Overland Park at Sam's Club ($3.53) - it was $3.60 by my house. In Tulsa leaving to come back home I filled at Quik Trip for $3.43. Stopped in Louisburg (35 miles from my house) and filled back up for $3.50. Averaged about 28 mpg for the day.

Sweden, around 8,1 dollar per gallon.......

Sweden, around 8,1 dollar per gallon.......

$8 or $1 dollar.

I paid $3.54 the other day which means its going down in my area. Thank god I drive a gas efficient car compared to some of the big tank gas monsters.

^^ Thats what I am paying at the moment too. A joke but you need fuel

$8 or $1 dollar.

I paid $3.54 the other day which means its going down in my area. Thank god I drive a gas efficient car compared to some of the big tank gas monsters.

No, that would be 8 dollars unfortunately....

$3.63 for regular last night. Its steep, but better than the $9/gallon some people have to pay on this planet.

ITs down around 3.60 on avg here in denver. But it can vary by about +- .10

Back