A lot of younger instructors are going this route. It's all about feels.

My instructor hooked me up with his website and the video library. Was super helpful.. Watch out for the other site, this is why he changed is IG account from GGSwingtips.

From what I've read elsewhere he was simply paid a royalty from the site to use his name. He never provided the instruction or feedback. Use that info fwiw. Perhaps he'll be more involved with the new site.

I believe he provided some content to the site as well do it was more than just using his name.

Yes, I responded to his Open Letter, saying I feel scammed, having purchased a library of lessons, and this hurts him personally and his brand. The way the site and content were presented, you would have thought ggswingtips was his site.

Yeah it’s truly amateur hour. These are mistakes that a person who doesn’t have their sh!t together would make. It’s unfortunate because he’s such a think-outside-the-box, talented, knowledgeable, creative instructor. If he never reaches the next level it’ll be due to his lack of professionalism/unforced errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm...no apology.

On advice of legal counsel ... lol.

He has problems if anyone wants to claim the way that site was sold to golfers was deceptive. ... Rut-Roh.

He has problems if anyone wants to claim the way that site was sold to golfers was deceptive. ... Rut-Roh.
And may have problems if he licensed his name and content to someone else and now wants to start his own competing site. Who is going to pay for the counterfeit ggswingtips?

What problems would that be? Honest question. It’s no different then what I’ve seen on golf channel with new golfsite offering swing tips from the instructors of the top pga pros on tour.

I don't know why but I find this whole thing very interesting. Definitely bad look for this guy. He seemed to be ok with the deception of the last site, bit his new site will be way different, trust him right?

I'm sure he has some good seeing knowledge, but I wouldn't go near this guy with a 10 foot pole.

I don't know why but I find this whole thing very interesting. Definitely bad look for this guy. He seemed to be ok with the deception of the last site, bit his new site will be way different, trust him right?

I'm sure he has some good seeing knowledge, but I wouldn't go near this guy with a 10 foot pole.

He wasn’t really involved in the site. He provide context for them but that’s about it from the way I understand it and it sounds like something in the business relationship went sour and he is distancing himself from that and giving his followers a better offering

He wasn’t really involved in the site. He provide context for them but that’s about it from the way I understand it and it sounds like something in the business relationship went sour and he is distancing himself from that and giving his followers a better offering
Right, but he was cool with letting people think he was involved. I think most thought it was his advice.

Right, but he was cool with letting people think he was involved. I think most thought it was his advice.

Yep. That’s what I thought it was. Never paid into anything but he always promoted it like it was his site.

What problems would that be? Honest question. It’s no different then what I’ve seen on golf channel with new golfsite offering swing tips from the instructors of the top pga pros on tour.

It is not the same - there is a difference between Revolution Golf and a bunch of instructors and the followng email.

GGSwingtipsgolf.com was indirectly represented as George's website.

See this email from ggswingtipsgolf.com:

Hi Golfer,

I like all backswing positions. How you load in your backswing is way more important than a picture perfect backswing.

Click Here: For Ideal Backswing Video

Just a reminder to take a look at our free Online Workshop.

Click Here: For Free Workshop

GG SwingTips Golf

So you click and there is George giving a lesson or a tip.

What does GG stand for?

George Gankas

Sorry but I don’t see it that way. But since I’m not a paying member of that site I will withhold any more comments

Sorry but I don’t see it that way. But since I’m not a paying member of that site I will withhold any more comments

Well, if you can't argue facts and don't want to agree as to how he and the site are presented, I can see why you don't want to comment.

He is identified with the site.

Emails from GGGolfSwingTips.com click directly to him.

There is no representation that he is separate from the site.

Most people think GGSwingTips.com is George Gankas.

Not much difference between ggswingtips and ggswingtips.com

Most people with their initial or name in the website, own the webite and have someone else design the website.

You may not see if that way, but I think you're just in denial. I've just seen too much of this in real life.

Now George may have been naive, and may not have intended to misrepresent the site and himself and the business dealings to the public, but it appears to have happened. He either received a lot of bad advice or no advice. No lawyer would have had him set himself up like this or have him represent himself and the site as he did.

Well, if you can't argue facts and don't want to agree as to how he and the site are presented, I can see why you don't want to comment.

He is identified with the site.

Emails from GGGolfSwingTips.com click directly to him.

There is no representation that he is separate from the site.

Most people think GGSwingTips.com is George Gankas.

Not much difference between ggswingtips and ggswingtips.com

Most people with their initial or name in the website, own the webite and have someone else design the website.

You may not see if that way, but I think you're just in denial. I've just seen too much of this in real life.

Now George may have been naive, and may not have intended to misrepresent the site and himself and the business dealings to the public, but it appears to have happened. He either received a lot of bad advice or no advice. No lawyer would have had him set himself up like this or have him represent himself and the site as he did.

I wish you Good luck with what ever action you choose to bring against Mr Gankas and the owners of the site you believe scammed you.

I wish you Good luck with what ever action you choose to bring against Mr Gankas and the owners of the site you believe scammed you.

LOL -

You assume too much. Don't intend to do any such thing for a relatively small amount of money - this is a discussion board, and it's a topic of discussion.

I guess you did not read and digest the entire post. I want to assume George received bad or no advice and did not think about the consequences of setting it up this way.

My argument is that the appearance and representation is that ggswingtips and George were owned by the same individual/related entities. I hope George gives a price break to people that convert over to his owned site.

Let me be upfront - I have no skin in this game. Not a paid subscriber or even a free YouTube subscriber. I have watched his vids when linked or discussed.

Here's a video on the GG SwingTips YouTube channel from a few months ago. Go right to the end where George is speaking directly to the camera and says "check out my membership site".

I think it's 100% reasonable that anyone watching his videos or following him on social media would assume that he is directly involved in the ggswingtips website based on the closing plug, which was in almost all of the videos for a long time. There are a lot of instructors associated with subscription sites like Revolution Golf and Rebellion Golf, but it's apparent that they are providing content to the site, not running it, which is the appearance GG gave for quite some time, especially when using the phrase "my site" to refer to it.

I know this is not a hot topic but update on Gankas. A member asked me about any update and I had none. George has California cool down pat and his presentation appeals to a younger generation. Not too technical and very relaxed in tone, but serious golf discussion.

So I looked, and his new site is supposed to debut early this year:

"And very soon the brand will expand even further. After a dispute with a former business partner forced him to reorganize, Gankas is about to launch a groundbreaking website for the golf space. Instead of continuing to give away his teachings for free on the Internet, he is going to a subscription-based model in which his diehards will have unlimited access to countless hours of new videos, for around $30 a month. It will be a highly customizable experience in which subscribers can search for specific drills and/or have instruction delivered for their particular swing or tendencies. Gankas is considering offering, for an additional fee, personalized video lessons, and he is training certified deputies to help keep up with what will surely be the heavy demand. With this cult hero on the cusp of mainstream stardom, some basic questions need to be answered: Who exactly is George Gankas? What does he believe in? And is he the flat-brimmed, jive-talking future of golf instruction?"

___

The site may push boundaries, because Gankas will promise way more of himself and already does not shy away from giving more lessons online than most instructors. He’s never even met several young players who credit him with helping their games, an almost unthinkable concept to anyone over 30 years old.

With George Gankas Golf, he promises not just content tailored to various swing and short-game issues, but elements of personal interaction from either himself or the Westlake, Calif.-based squad of lieutenants he’s been training.

Last edited:
Back