Georgia-Carolina THP Gathering 2022

What location does everyone prefer for the GA-Carolina THP gathering?

• Greenville, SC

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Columbia, SC

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Myrtle Beach, SC

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Hilton Head-Bluffton, SC

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In Columbia I play all over since I'm not a member anywhere. My son-in-law and his family are members at Mid-Carolina so play there too. We go to Santee a good bit also.
I normally played at Hidden Valley until they changed management. Then I played at Charwood but they're working on it. I last played Lynrick and liked it.

Got a few more votes. Looks like Greenville is just edging out HHI and Myrtle. If you haven't voted, go ahead and do so. There's only a few that haven't voted, so we are probably safe to call it after tonight, but wanted to give everyone plenty of opportunity.

I'm good with any of the options listed. If Greenville is the choice, I'll need some suggestions for courses, as I'm not familiar with that area. I've been looking at courses for each of the locations, but it's hard to know course conditions and what not.

Greenville courses in no order

The Preserve at Verdae
Cherokee Valley
Furman University

I live at Cherokee Valley. The club has stay and play cottages that each have four private en suites.
There is a restaurant on site and others within 10 miles, including a couple of good breakfast joints. Each cottage has kitchen facilities as well. Furman is about 10 miles away, Verdae about 20.

To piggyback on what @gbtrsc Said

Verdae has a hotel on site. Nice course, but it can eat balls.

I have never played Furman, but I hear it is nice.

Cherokee Valley would be my pick of the 3. I've never played, but it is absolutely gorgeous up there. I I believe they just got new carts not too long ago?
Be prepared for some elevation change here 😂

To piggyback on what @gbtrsc Said

Verdae has a hotel on site. Nice course, but it can eat balls.

I have never played Furman, but I hear it is nice.

Cherokee Valley would be my pick of the 3. I've never played, but it is absolutely gorgeous up there. I I believe they just got new carts not too long ago?
Be prepared for some elevation change here 😂
Yes new carts at the Valley, electric with GPS and Bluetooth speakers. Also have Finn Cycles to rent which are a BLAST.ADBE6F6B-0655-4772-AE1D-DAC9CED28E44.jpeg

Willow creek may also be a decent course in the greenville area, but there is no lodging nearby

Just my .02, but having participated in a few of these, and having planned a couple, I think we should get a date locked down and let that dictate the course. I would throw it out there with enough time for people to make arrangements. There is always a bit of cat herding with these things, and a date will help see how many people, which will be necessary to get the course arranged.

Again, I hope I am not overstepping here as an unofficial potential participant. Just trying to help.

Just my .02, but having participated in a few of these, and having planned a couple, I think we should get a date locked down and let that dictate the course. I would throw it out there with enough time for people to make arrangements. There is always a bit of cat herding with these things, and a date will help see how many people, which will be necessary to get the course arranged.

Again, I hope I am not overstepping here as an unofficial potential participant. Just trying to help.

Not at all! I welcome any and all advice, suggestions, comments, etc. Date was my next target, but I’ll definitely have to rely on others for course info, as I’m not familiar with the Greenville area.

I’m hoping to have plenty of time for everyone to plan and prepare and maybe once everything is nailed down, we will have others jump in as well.

I will definitely go if it is in Greenville, SC.
That is only about 1.5 hours from my house

So how many potential participants are on the list?

Including myself, 24 have expressed interest so far.
This will be fun! Hopefully we can all get together!

Holy Toledo, that's a LOT!!! Hopefully this comes together. I need a golfing buddy! (Besides my son. He can't always play.)

Jumping in from FL crew. I'm interested in joining in the party.

Holy Toledo, that's a LOT!!! Hopefully this comes together. I need a golfing buddy! (Besides my son. He can't always play.)
We're an hour and a half away....we'd be up to play anytime! On top of this get together of course.

Put me down for this as well.

Looks like this is picking up steam.

can’t wait to see what pans out for the group

I’ll have a better view on dates tomorrow when I get back in front of my work computer.

Okay, I think we've got about all of the votes we are going to get. It was close, but Greenville seems to be the best option to allow the most people possible to participate. I know this may make it difficult for some of the folks interested, but I hope this location will provide the best opportunity for a good crowd. I like the idea of making this a regular event, maybe moving locations each time, to give others an opportunity to participate down the road.

Next up is DATE. I'm going to throw out a date that I think will give people plenty of time to plan and prepare and will hopefully get us past the current surge with COVID. I'm also hoping this date will provide slightly better temps, but who knows?

What does everyone think about Saturday, March 12? I was thinking that would give people an opportunity to get there Friday and stay Friday and Saturday night or, if they are close by, they could just drive up on Saturday. Let me know what you think about this date?

If that is what we decide, I can make a Saturday work. That gives me plenty of notice to grab Saturday PTO.

If that is what we decide, I can make a Saturday work. That gives me plenty of notice to grab Saturday PTO.

Awesome! I was hoping that scheduling it out a bit would provide plenty of time for everyone. It's a bit of drive for me, so I'll come up Friday afternoon and that gives me time to put in for time off that day. Hopefully this will work for most of the interested folks and we can start looking at the courses

March 12? There's nothing on my schedule at the moment. Let's go!

Back