Georgia-Carolina THP Gathering 2022

What location does everyone prefer for the GA-Carolina THP gathering?

• Greenville, SC

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Columbia, SC

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Myrtle Beach, SC

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Hilton Head-Bluffton, SC

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you boys end up doing something near HIlton Head, I might have to make an appearance. My parents live just off the island and wouldn't be hard for me to get myself there. :D

Or any place around Charlotte for that matter.

If you boys end up doing something near HIlton Head, I might have to make an appearance. My parents live just off the island and wouldn't be hard for me to get myself there. :D

Or any place around Charlotte for that matter.

Come join us in Greenville! That’s Charlotte adjacent! Sort of! lol

The 12th can work. Hopefully my neck is good by then.

Holy cow if I decide not to drive, there are 6 daily direct flights from Harrisburg to Charlotte. I may need to change my vote to Greenville.

Ok we have a date and city. If we decide we want to do my home course I can talk to the owner about some kind of package. I can also check on availability of the stay and play cottages. Finally, in addition to the cottages there’s a lux boutique hotel about 5 miles away, a Best Western (recently remodeled) and a Hampton Inn about 10 miles away. So for those that need it, plenty of accommodations nearby.

here’s the course website. When you look at the course, don’t let the length or slope/HCP ratings deceive you. It’s harder than it looks.

are we talking one round or two?

Ok we have a date and city. If we decide we want to do my home course I can talk to the owner about some kind of package. I can also check on availability of the stay and play cottages. Finally, in addition to the cottages there’s a lux boutique hotel about 5 miles away, a Best Western (recently remodeled) and a Hampton Inn about 10 miles away. So for those that need it, plenty of accommodations nearby.

here’s the course website. When you look at the course, don’t let the length or slope/HCP ratings deceive you. It’s harder than it looks.

That course sounds great and I believe March 12th works for me.

Looks like a fun course! I doubt there will many, if any, objections to it. I figured we would plan for a single round, but maybe have the option for a second for those that have time.

So tee times starting at 11am? That gives the folks driving in time to get here and warm up without having to leave at o’dark-thirty. We go at ten minute intervals so I’ll talk to the owner about 6 tee times for now, and find out when is the latest we can lock in the number of players. And for those looking for a Sunday morning round before heading home we could start around 9am.

sound like a plan?

Where are the practice rounds Thursday or at least Friday?

So tee times starting at 11am? That gives the folks driving in time to get here and warm up without having to leave at o’dark-thirty. We go at ten minute intervals so I’ll talk to the owner about 6 tee times for now, and find out when is the latest we can lock in the number of players. And for those looking for a Sunday morning round before heading home we could start around 9am.

sound like a plan?

I like it! I think starting with 6 tee times is a good idea. Even if we have some folks back out, we may still have others pop up that are interested. I like the times as well. Plenty of time for people driving in on Saturday and early enough on Sunday that people can play and still get home at a reasonable time.

Where are the practice rounds Thursday or at least Friday?
Anyone that wants practice round(s) can book themselves online or by phone at Cherokee Valley, or if you want other courses they can be booked individually and separately as well.

I’ll contact the club tomorrow and see what I can get going.

I may be able to line up something for friday at a private course. Will report back.
Musgrove Mill or The Carolina Country Club?
Would love to get on Musgrove mill

I’ll contact the club tomorrow and see what I can get going.

Awesome! Thanks for doing that! Looking forward hearing what you find out!

OK I have an email in to the club manager to check on the feasibility of all of this, asking about dates, cottages, rates, food options, etc. I’ll of course report back when I hear from them.

OK I have an email in to the club manager to check on the feasibility of all of this, asking about dates, cottages, rates, food options, etc. I’ll of course report back when I hear from them.
If you need me to do anything, let me know since we're local too. I'd be glad to help you out!

This should be a really fun time.

I’m interested in being part of a get together or just playing with some of y’all sometime. March 12th doesn’t work for me as I’m already committed to playing in a tournament that weekend. Some other time hopefully.

I will see if I can make the 12th work. That is close to, but not too close to our anniversary so I think the boss aka my wife would be okay with it. What do you think @T0AD ?

I will see if I can make the 12th work. That is close to, but not too close to our anniversary so I think the boss aka my wife would be okay with it. What do you think @T0AD ?
(y)(y)

Back