Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

Great win Gregg & Team White!

Racking up the HOF tags.

Team White! I knew it all along!

Just pulled into the driveway. Will post more later but what a weekend. Huge thanks to JB and GG. I had an absolute blast, and enjoyed hanging it with everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it home and what a great weekend. Thanks to JB, GG and Cure for a wonderful event. Congrats to Gregg and Team White in a well deserved victory. A big thanks to the Gregg and Pete for being great Captains.

It was great seeing friends and making new ones. Grant and Jeff from Cure were amazing. They shared so much knowledge and were so welcoming. I could listen to them talk golf 24/7.

The CX1 is a great feeling putter and will be in the bag for a while.

Congrats to #TeamWhite

Will write a longer post when I get home in front of a computer, but just wanted to say thanks again to THP, JB, and Jeff and Grant from Cure. Was my first THP Event and was just as great as I had hoped. Was great to meet all the participants and I saw some really high quality golf and met all great guys. Team White! Will post more after my 8 hr drive back to Michigan.

Drive safe!

Congrats, Team White!

Congrats Gregg and the rest of Team White for fighting and pulling off the win.

Congrats to team White!

Congrats to team white! Sounds like this was a fantastic event.

Congrats to team white!!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

OK now that I made it home and have a proper keyboard, here's some wrapup from me

The venue: En Joie was a great course that I really liked (I was going to say "En-joied" but that would have been a REALLY bad pun) playing.

CURE: Wow, Jeff and Grant have a product which is the real deal. I'm really impressed with my CX2. I had basically zero adjustment period with it (perhaps because it had the exact same grip as my former putter) and it's really confidence inspiring to use. The size doesn't bother me at all. It's incredibly tolerant of off-center hits and even my misses are much closer than before. Jeff and Grant are great guys and I learned a lot listening to them. I'll post some more thoughts it once I roll it in league play later this week on greens that are slower and more undulating than the ones at En-Joie.

The weather: Having spent a lot of time in the Binghamton area, the cold and rain was frustrating but not that much of a surprise. Saturday was chilly and rainy and Sunday was cold and windy. Fortunately, I've been playing in my league for a few weeks now and had a couple of rounds in cold drizzle so I knew what to expect. The weather didn't affect my game as much as I thought it would.

The competition: On day 1 GRCTampa and I lost both points but we made O'Carroll and bcape9 work for it by making both matches go to the 9th hole. On day 2, we simply got smoked by Jcurtis and MPLefty who were totally on fire from the first hole. We lost 3&2 in the first 9 (shamble) and 4&3 in the second nine (alt shot). Great job guys! I am really happy with how I played overall (especially with driver) and rolled a number of really good putts with the CX2.

THP'ers: There is nothing like playing and hanging out with THP'ers. Special thanks to Greggdrews for picking me for team white. It was great to hang with everyone at the course, on the putting green, and definitely at dinner (twice).

The food: Amazing. Two great little restaurants with superb meals. GolferGal does it again!

Congrats team white!

Congrats to Team White!

Congrats to Team White and v.man, the first THPer with 5 HOF tags! Another great event (which overcame the weather/course circumstances) and fun to follow, as always.

Made it home in just over 4 hours. It's amazing that we had THP'ers from all over converge on Binghamton, NY.

JB, thank you for hosting an amazing weekend. I'm already looking forward to getting out to another event.

Jeff and Grant from Cure are wicked approachable guys and gave us some unbeatable insight on everything putters. Hoping to roll my CX1 again tomorrow.

Morgan, the restaurants and menus this weekend were spot on. Kind of wish I had another BBQ platter for tonight.

Congrats to Team White on the win. We gave them a heck of a run Team Green!

What an amazing weekend this was. Thanks to JB and GG for putting together another awesome THP event! Thanks to Jeff and Grant from Cure who are just two awesome guys with so much knowledge about the game and putters. They are truly passionate about about the game, their product and getting all of their knowledge into the hands of golfers everywhere. I encourage anyone that has any questions to reach out to them and they will be more than willing to answer them and help you out.

It was great seeing a lot of friends and making new ones. I feel like everyone really had a lot of fun this weekend even while dealing with some tough conditions out on the course. It was great being a co-captain with Ocarroll, I think some of the guys might have been confused who their captain was a time or two though. The teams battled hard and everyone gave their all. It was anyones win going into the back 9 on Sunday which always make things more exciting. Thanks to my team who carried me(and i'm not light) to a HOF tag, you guys earned it and deserve it.

The CX1 putter really puts a great roll on the ball, good sound and after just a few minutes on the putting green I was very comfortable with it. I played with the weights a little and will continue to do that to get it just perfect for me. More to come on the putter when I get more rounds in with it but I don't see the CX1 leaving my bag anytime soon.

True story…I ask Jeff what he thinks the distance is as I'm shooting the flag with my rangefinder. He says "89."

Rangefinder says……89.9 yards.
i can't believe your rangefinder is off by .9 yards! :alien:

Congrats to team white for winning THP Get Cured
congrats team white!

It's ****ing snowing
Uhhh, how many THP events end with snow!?!? Crazy...

thanks for the pics and updates, guys!

wow what a weekend! here is some rambling, I might post another recap soon

Friday morning went all kind of wrong, I got to the border around 6:30 to see the guy in front of me getting handcuffed, I have no idea what happened, but that was offsetting to say the least. then I got the the course early, waiting for the guys to show up for our practice round, until I was told that I went to the wrong course! I hurry up, jump in the car and make it to the right course in time for our tee time... that got delayed over 2 hours because of the rain.
with all the rain, I didn't think we would be able to play at all, but we (Lions, JCurtis, v.man and I) managed to get out, and the afternoon was beautiful, the course was in great shape, the company was perfect and the golf was fun. Ken ended up destroying me in our match, he played really well all day.
the meet and greet was a lot of fun, seeing all the guys was fun, some familiar faces and some new friends, these are always special.

Meeting Grant and Jeff from Cure, and listening to all their stories was captivating. These guys are passionate about what they do and they believe in their products, you could listen to them for hours. I had mixed results this weekend with the CX1 putter, but most of it was user error and me not being able to read the greens. more info coming in the review thread about that. Jeff was awesome, he looked at me trying a few putts on the putting green and was able to explain to me a few things I was doing that were hurting my putting a lot. In 5 minute I was seeing much better results already. this is something I will need to work with in order to get comfortable, but I know it will help a lot, THANKS JEFF!

I was paired with Ohio striker for Saturdays round, against Grant and Golds, they played really well and I didn't, we never had a chance. None the less, we managed to keep things interesting and got to the ninth hole on both matches. It was a fun group, and I would play with any of these guys again.

Sunday was a different story, I got paired with Jcurtis, and I knew him for our round on Friday. as much as we both struggled on Friday, our games both clicked on Sunday and we went on a roll to win the two matches, Kenh and GRCtampa played well and fought hard, but we were both playing way beyond our abilities (at least I know I was).

Congrats Team White and v.man - Ken is a HOF'er in anyone's book, especially mine! Could not have happened to a nicer guy! Congrats, Ken!!

Congrats Team White! X5congrats to grandpa!

Congrats team White! What a fun event!

Slightly larger recap after an 8.5 hr drive home to process some thoughts.

Since this was a putting event sponsored by Cure, I will start with my thoughts on the Cure guys (Jeff and Grant) and the CX1. Jeff and Grant are awesome guys. So friendly and engaging, and so smart when it comes to putters. They have such passion for their products, and have pretty much risked it all to get where they are today. Such an amazing story and I hope they continue to grow and grow with success. Getting Lexi to join their team and then have amazing success with their putter should absolutely start getting them into the hands of the other best players in the world.

I used the CX1 for the weekend. The best positive for this putter for me was distance control on lag putts. Once I got used to it, I hit a ton of putts that were basically gimmes after the first putt. Exactly what you want. Another very strong positive was how smooth the ball rolled off the face. It just puts a beautiful roll on the ball, no hopping etc. I also really enjoyed it on short putts, I'll say in the 2-4 foot range. A lot of guys get handsy on those types of putts, and due to the MOI of the CX1, it doesn't twist as much, and allows you to really feel confident over those knee knockers. I don't think I missed any putts in that range the whole weekend that I can recall (although maybe I just only remember the makes but I don't think so). One area where I struggled a little bit was in the mid-range putts (we'll say 7-12 foot range). I just never really made any. I don't know if that was lack of confidence in a new putter in some pressure situations, or mis-reading greens (they were very tricky, with some subtle breaks) or just user error. Once I get back to my home course and know what certain putts do, I will be very interested to see if I improve in that range. I expect I will. I will definitely be keeping the CX1 in play for a few more rounds before I make an ultimate decision.

The Food: Was awesome. Great job by Golfer Gal and JB on their restaurant choices and the menu for Saturday night. Im not even going to step on the scale for a few days because I wont like what I see, which is a good compliment to how good the food was because I couldn't stop eating.

The Captains: Great job by Greggdrews and O'Carrol. Super fun guys, who really enjoy the game, are great to have a beer and just chill with, and did an awesome job getting everyone excited for the event and making it perfect all weekend. I won't blame them for the weather.

THP'ers: We had an absolutely great group of guys for this event. Everyone got along really well, there was no bs or drama, just a bunch of guys who love golf, learning from 2 of the best in the business, and having some friendly competition. I have played quite a bit of tournament golf, including match play, and have had some bad experiences and even arguments/shouting matches in the past, whether it be about a rule, or someone not giving someone else a putt etc. So I wasn't quite sure what to expect in that regard. I saw absolutely none of that, and didn't hear about any either. It was guys who were still competitive and wanted to win, but also appreciated the spirit of THP and the community and were there to have fun first and foremost.

The Weather: Ouch. Guess May 15th in upstate new york is a bit dicey. Luckily being from MI I had 3 winter hats in my car already and I used/lent all of them out. JB is going from 40 degrees and 25 mph winds to the desert where its going to hit 100 this weekend. His body isn't going to know what is going on. THP'ers made the best of it and still had a blast.

The Golf. Last but not least had great matches both days. Played with Vman on day 1 against Teedupthoughts and JCurtis. We had such a good match, tons of back forths of winning holes. We pushed the front 9 after we were up 1 going into 9 and JCurtis hit an amazing shot from about 200 out onto the green and made net birdie to make it all square. The back 9 was back and forth again, and came down to 18 where we were all square and Teedupthoughts made a clutch 6 or 7 footer to win the hole and the match. On Day 2, I played with Golds against Teedupthoughts and Scarnici. We had a really fun round despite the frigid temps, and we all had our moments of solid golf. Golds and I complemented each other really well and got pretty hot and were able to win both matches to help bring Team White a victory. I really enjoyed playing with all the guys both days. For my own game, overall I was pretty happy with how I played at my first THP Event. Didn't have my best stuff on Day 1, but hit some good shots and some bad ones, but held it together fairly well. Day 2 I brought close to my A Game and was very pleased with how I played.

Live Updating: I tried my best to update as much as possible and think I did pretty well, but can see how it would be hard for some guys to do that while playing competitive golf, and keeping up with the pace etc.

Final Thoughts: It was an amazing event. JB and THP did an awesome job setting everything up, even overcoming a course change the day before the event. The course, En Joie, ended up being awesome. Tough track with some really good holes and made for some great match play. After reading previous event recaps and speaking with a lot of the MI guys about THP events, I had really high hopes/expectations, and this event still surpassed them in every way. Was great to make some new friends and see some guys I had only met briefly before but knew right away I would get along well with. I can't wait to sign up for my next THP event and maybe get a second HOF Tag that looks pretty good over there <-----. Congrats Team White and great playing by Team Green. Was such a close battle all the way around. I'd guess it was one of the closest events THP has had. Seemed like every match was coming down to the final hole all weekend. Hope I can now call myself #OutingApproved, at least until next time.

Thanks again to everyone that was there in person and who worked behind the scenes to make a truly special event go off perfectly.

Lions81/Damien

Back