Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2016 THP Events calendar is going to be loaded with the most unique golf events found anywhere. Today, THP is honored to announce a golf experience that involves team golf, equipment and most of all fun to the lineup. Get Cured will feature two teams of 8 golfers competing over 2 days with brand new putters in play. To see what the rest of the schedule looks like or find out if there are any THP Events coming to your area, check out the calendar thread here.

2.CX_top_1024_2ac7a4bd-1910-4981-9554-8f4a7e8fda80_medium.jpg

When & Where
May 13th - 15th 2016
The Links At Hiawatha Landing
14 THPers & Two Golfers from Cure will be participating in this event.

Cost & What's Included
Cost for this event will be $269 per person
Putting Education & Instruction
2 rounds of golf
Range Balls
Group Meet & Greet including Food & Drink
Brand New CX Putter That You Will Choose Before The Event
and so much more

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2016 Albatross Club membership which goes to help animal shelters and pets in need around the country. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

Signups
Signups will be held on March 21st
Time of signups will be 1pm EST and run for one hour.
Signing up will be as easy as sending in an email.

Cure Putters
Each participant will receive a brand new Cure CX1 or CX2 (their choice). They will be able to choose color, weighting and much more and these brand new putters will be put in play at the event for the entire weekend. You will learn from the best, be able to ask questions and really get dialed in. Your job will be to review the putter on THP following the event.

Team Event
Team Green - Captained By O'Carroll
Team White - Captained By GreggDrews

Each of these captains will have 6 THPers by their side as well as a participant from Cure and will battle to the end. Two full rounds of team golf, with live scoring on THP. The formats for the golf are (not in any particular order)
4 Ball (best ball)
Shamble
Alternate Shot
Modified Pinehurst

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for.

Winning Team
Not only will the winning team of THPers get the glory of being champions, they will also each be put into the THP Shrine with Hall of Fame honors. Each participant on the winning side, will also be able to remember their victory with trophies commemorating their celebration.

Teams
Team White
Greggdrews - Captain
Grant Gomes - Cure Putters Operations
ddec
Lions81
v.man
Golds
GRC Tampa
kenh

Team Green
O'Carroll - Captain
Jeff Ryan - Cure Putters Co-Founder
scarnici
Ohio_Striker
bcape9
TeedUpThoughts
Mplefty
jcurtis2010

1st Round Pairings & Matchups

1 Point available for each 9 hole match
Front 9 - 4 Ball
Back 9 - Shamble

Team White-------------------Team Green
ddec & greggdrews______Jeff@Cure & Scarnici
v.man & Lions81________TeedUpThoughts & jcurtis2010
Golds & Grant@Cure_____Ohio Striker & MPlefty
kenh & GRCTampa_______Bcape9 & O'Carroll

V.man and Grant Vs Bcape and Ohio Striker
GRCTampa and KenH vs Jcurtis and MPLefty
Golds and Lions vs Scarnci and TeedUpThoughts
ddec and greggdrews vs Jeff and O'Carroll

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great time. The event last year looked like a blast.

Loving all the team events this year. I know I am certainly itching to get in another one after this past weekend!

BOOM! There it is! Two great captains a great sponsor all about putting? Sign me up now!

Love the captains for this event! The big question - how are we supposed to tell them apart?

Going to be a good one. While this is drivable for me, I'm likely out since I'll be headed to AZ the next week.

Very awesome! Looking forward to following along with this one!

Already know who's going to win though, soooo...can't loose with my brother O'Carroll! GO TEAM GREEN!

excellent. Love the captain selections here too.

BOOM! There it is! Two great captains a great sponsor all about putting? Sign me up now!

Those are great captains! I missed that part after I was sucked in by teams and the formats..haha

Sweet! Calendar marked for 3/21, I want in!

2 fantastic Captains. Hoping I can swing this one. It's so close in the backyard too.

Oh man. Two FUN captains, AND A PUTTER!

Very cool, and I'm intrigued...

I will be trying to get into this one, 2 of my favorite guys as captains, and I would assured of not being the shortest guy on either team :p

Looks like another awesome event!

This is going to be an amazing event! Two great captains and the CX1 putters are amazing! Love the formats and the added team match play will take this over the top.

Now to sit patiently until March 21...:angel:

Sounds like great event and I love the captains. I want in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two really good friends captaining the teams for this event. I'm not sure where the heck Apalachin, NY is, but, I'll be checking my geography on google maps for sure.

Sounds like a heck of an event with a great sponsor, course and captains!

Will this be open to LH golfers as well?

Sounds like a solid event, Captained by a couple great guys!
I must say the CX1 is a decent looking putter...

About four hours for me, but I am definitely pondering this one hard.

2 awesome choices for capt

I will be trying to get into this one, 2 of my favorite guys as captains, and I would assured of not being the shortest guy on either team :p

you do need a cure in your life.

this sounds great ...count me in if i can get in. Greggdrews congrats buddy on being a captain.

I find great irony in the fact Pete is captaining a putter event.

Sounds like a heck of an event with a great sponsor, course and captains!

Will this be open to LH golfers as well?

Absolutely.

Back