Gigantic Thank You to Callawaygolfpro

Ryan555

Reaction score
Handicap
I just feel I need to post this out there. I've been playing for way too long to have never taken lessons before, but I was always one of those people who felt that they can do things better on their own. And for the most part, that's how I've done everything. So I ended the golf season last year and started this year's completely beaten down. I felt I was making progress about halfway through the year last year and then it all went away. I couldn't figure it out and it was pushing me towards wanting to put the clubs up for a few years and just stepping away. Then, one night I was just checking out the forum, in the short amount of time that I get to do such things at home, and saw that there was a couple of new guys from Kansas/Kansas City area. I happened to read the one for the guy from Overland Park and saw that he had formerly been a teacher at golfTec, which intrigued me. I had always wanted to do lesson somewhere like that, but I couldn't afford the cost associated with it. Then I noticed that he said he likes to just teach and does lessons on a Pro Bono basis. Well, I thought, let me contact this guy and see if he might be willing to take me on as a pupil. I sent a PM to this guy, and a few days later I got a response. I won't get into the details about what transpired between, but low and behold, he said sure, he would be willing to take on a project as messed up as I am.

I just had my second lesson with him Monday night. He had seen some video of my swing and said that there was quite a bit of work to do, and that it might get frustrating for a while and I might hate him for a bit, but I can honestly say that hasn't happened yet. In only two lessons, I have seen so much change in my swing, it's ridiculous. Now, I'm not saying that I would be a good golfer yet, but, I can definitely tell that he knows what he's doing. I have a long way to go, and many, many hours of practice on the range and in front of the mirror, but I can already tell that this is the best decision I've ever made. I can't express the amount of gratitude I already have for Callawaygolfpro, and I haven't even seen the course yet. I am so looking forward to the time we are going to be spending together.

I have been a member here for a few years now. I love getting to get on here and reading when I can, and maybe contribute what little I have to add. I can honestly say that this is the best group of people I have ever had the opportunity to be a part of in the golf community, and I have seen how well we stand up for each other and reach out when we can. I can now say that I have had the privilege of being on the receiving end of one of the members here, and he had just joined and didn't know me from Adam. Thank You so much Nick. I look forward to gleaning even more knowledge from you in our future sessions!

Great story. There will be a whole bunch of THPers including the THP Tour Van just a few hours from you in a few months at the THP Invitational. Would love to meet you.

Awesome story! You and your new swing should join us in Branson!

That's extremely cool.

Great story. There will be a whole bunch of THPers including the THP Tour Van just a few hours from you in a few months at the THP Invitational. Would love to meet you.

Awesome story! You and your new swing should join us in Branson!

I would so LOVE to get to that, and I've been thinking about it since it was announced, but, I just don't get to travel on weekends unless I can drive there in 2 hours or so. My schedule and my wife's schedules are opposite, so that means she works weekends while I have the kids, and I work during the week, and she has the kids. Hopefully next year I can get to at least one.

Great story and just one more reason why I love being a member of THP

Thanks for sharing your story Ryan, keep us posted with your progress.

Thank you for sharing. I wish a lot more people would be honest with theirselves and get some help when the chips are down rather than quit or try to self-diagnose.

May your experience be a LESSON for us all...

I don't know CGP but I have seen some his tweets the guy knows his stuff. Glad you two hooked up

I don't know CGP but I have seen some his tweets the guy knows his stuff. Glad you two hooked up

He sure does. If we got the two of you guys together to just talk shop, none of us would ever leave.

He sure does. If we got the two of you guys together to just talk shop, none of us would ever leave.

I feel like I know you some already Ryan. My (twin) brother (Nick) has talked about you and your lessons. He's really enjoying the time he's got to spend with you on the range. He knows his stuff, he's helped me out a ton on my swing, and whenever I have a off range session I'll send him some video to take a look to give me some tips. Keep it up, and hopefully a few of us from the KC area can get together and play a round sometime this summer.
Keep practicing and once the weird feeling swing no longer feels weird and the ball is flying straight...then its time to work on your short game. It's never done! Ha

James

Sent from my Samsug Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

That's very cool. WTG CallawayGolfPro!

I just feel I need to post this out there. I've been playing for way too long to have never taken lessons before, but I was always one of those people who felt that they can do things better on their own. And for the most part, that's how I've done everything. So I ended the golf season last year and started this year's completely beaten down. I felt I was making progress about halfway through the year last year and then it all went away. I couldn't figure it out and it was pushing me towards wanting to put the clubs up for a few years and just stepping away. Then, one night I was just checking out the forum, in the short amount of time that I get to do such things at home, and saw that there was a couple of new guys from Kansas/Kansas City area. I happened to read the one for the guy from Overland Park and saw that he had formerly been a teacher at golfTec, which intrigued me. I had always wanted to do lesson somewhere like that, but I couldn't afford the cost associated with it. Then I noticed that he said he likes to just teach and does lessons on a Pro Bono basis. Well, I thought, let me contact this guy and see if he might be willing to take me on as a pupil. I sent a PM to this guy, and a few days later I got a response. I won't get into the details about what transpired between, but low and behold, he said sure, he would be willing to take on a project as messed up as I am.

I just had my second lesson with him Monday night. He had seen some video of my swing and said that there was quite a bit of work to do, and that it might get frustrating for a while and I might hate him for a bit, but I can honestly say that hasn't happened yet. In only two lessons, I have seen so much change in my swing, it's ridiculous. Now, I'm not saying that I would be a good golfer yet, but, I can definitely tell that he knows what he's doing. I have a long way to go, and many, many hours of practice on the range and in front of the mirror, but I can already tell that this is the best decision I've ever made. I can't express the amount of gratitude I already have for Callawaygolfpro, and I haven't even seen the course yet. I am so looking forward to the time we are going to be spending together.

I have been a member here for a few years now. I love getting to get on here and reading when I can, and maybe contribute what little I have to add. I can honestly say that this is the best group of people I have ever had the opportunity to be a part of in the golf community, and I have seen how well we stand up for each other and reach out when we can. I can now say that I have had the privilege of being on the receiving end of one of the members here, and he had just joined and didn't know me from Adam. Thank You so much Nick. I look forward to gleaning even more knowledge from you in our future sessions!

Ryan, it has been my honor to help you with your swing. The last thing I want is to have someone not get the option to improve if they are wanting and willing to do it. The cost of lessons can be extreme and since I know that I'll be going to the range to work on my own game why not help others out. It's been great getting to know you and see how quickly you are picking up on things we talk about. I look forward to continuing to help you and see the improvement in your game. We have a long summer ahead of ourselves!

I feel like I know you some already Ryan. My (twin) brother (Nick) has talked about you and your lessons. He's really enjoying the time he's got to spend with you on the range. He knows his stuff, he's helped me out a ton on my swing, and whenever I have a off range session I'll send him some video to take a look to give me some tips. Keep it up, and hopefully a few of us from the KC area can get together and play a round sometime this summer.
Keep practicing and once the weird feeling swing no longer feels weird and the ball is flying straight...then its time to work on your short game. It's never done! Ha

James

Sent from my Samsug Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I bet I know what you look like even. It's funny, I didnt' know you two were twins until nick told me. You mentioned a KC get together, and I was telling Nick and Cody monday that once he clears me to play, we should all get together and go. We will drag you over here as well and make a mini outing of it.

Ryan, it has been my honor to help you with your swing. The last thing I want is to have someone not get the option to improve if they are wanting and willing to do it. The cost of lessons can be extreme and since I know that I'll be going to the range to work on my own game why not help others out. It's been great getting to know you and see how quickly you are picking up on things we talk about. I look forward to continuing to help you and see the improvement in your game. We have a long summer ahead of ourselves!

You know you've said that before, long summer. Ha! You've also said that I will get frustrated and at some point I may get mad at you. I will tell you that I have not had that feeling yet, and, if a long summer means improvement and more fun, then count me in. Everyday if need be! Have fun this weekend with Austin!

Back