Go ahead, make fun, laugh at me…….but I love these irons!

Play with what makes you happy. I played with a guy a few weeks back with old northwestern clubs and a original callaway big Bertha driver with steel shaft and he shot an 80.

No reason to laugh. They were decent for a final run before new regime came into Callaway. If you like those, check out some of the last few years of Big Bertha irons when it is time to replace.

I doubt you’d get made fun of here for playing an iron you love and that suits your game.

I remember tons of guys playing the Diablos. Good set.

Using what works is a good thing, and nothing to laugh at.👍

Kidding! Nothing wrong with those. Some of the new stuff is pretty impressive but those can definitely get it done out there.

No laughing here. If they're good for you, good on you!

You'll find there isn't much making fun of other people's gear on THP. There's a pretty wide spectrum of golfers here, playing a pretty wide spectrum of equipment, and THP Rule #1 is "Don't be a Dick".

I’d never laugh, looks like a great set. Love the red. I play a set of Taylormade Burners from 2009. Still gets the job done!

I was in Scotland for work a few years back. I had a day off and the OC managed to get me on a local course with some members. Being a lefty clubs were limited they provided me a set of these. They were great! Not what I would normally play, but it was February and wet and these helped birdie the first hole and were just fun!

In the end getting out and playing is what makes the game great. Having fancy or new gear is just a bonus and playing something you like and works is really all that matters!

Plus Diablo may be one of Callaways better named series.... I'm looking at you Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Double Black Diamond.

Plus Diablo may be one of Callaways better named series.... I'm looking at you Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Double Black Diamond.
Such a good club. I started calling it the 816 in person because that was a mouthful of a name.

No reason to laugh, you're playing the right equipment for your game - Bravo! The funny ones are the 'All the Gear, No Idea' guys. You don't want to be that guy.

Last edited:
That’s what we are all looking for... something that lets us play well & something that we enjoy playing!

Blast from the past and it’s been awhile since I’ve seen a set. Play what works for you!!!

Play what you love, love what you play.

No laughing here, either. I'm firmly in the "whatever works" camp. Evident by my use of a L.A.B. DF Reno 2.1 putter, 7W length mini-driver, and one-length hybrids.

My dad played the Cleveland VAS 792 irons. Unlike yours, those were ugly clubs. But he hit 'em well, so... who cares? He sure didn't.

Play on!

Play whatever works.

No laughing here, either. I'm firmly in the "whatever works" camp. Evident by my use of a L.A.B. DF Reno 2.1 putter, 7W length mini-driver, and one-length hybrids.

My dad played the Cleveland VAS 792 irons. Unlike yours, those were ugly clubs. But he hit 'em well, so... who cares? He sure didn't.

Play on!
I played those irons!

Nothing wrong with those! Play what you like!

I played with those for a couple of years. Shot some really good (for me) rounds with them. I always regret having sold them.

I played those irons!

Ha, brave! 😜

I was always strangely drawn to them and I hit my dad's great. Only, I just couldn't get over their look from address. Very different with that gooseneck hosel.

Now, the next generation, the VAS+, those tempted me.

Diablo was a great series

Back