Go-To Golf Shorts?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What are your go-to golf shorts of choice brand wise?

Right now it is Travis Matthew. I like the stretchy material and they are the right combination length and fit.

I have two pair of Oakley shorts that fit and feel great!!

Puma Jackpot for me. Perfect sizing and material thickness and stretch. Switched from Under Armour last year as I felt like their quality was getting worse and worse every year.

Puma Jackpot.

Either Puma Jackpot or Straight Down.
For pants it’s almost always Original Penguin as I love them.

I may go try on some shorts this week. I have a ton of blue shorts but could use some shorts that go with blue shirts.

• Staff
Myself, I’m either Puma Jackpot or Adidas Ultimate. My favorites!

Puma jackpot for me, though don’t sleep on the weekenders. Haven’t tried the new 101 yet but I’m guessing they are awesome too

Puma Jackpot for me. Prefer Jackpot over the Weekender because of the inseam length, but the Weekender are really nice and light weight too with mesh pockets.

Been wearing RLX shorts lately. Love em.

Have Puma fixed their pockets in the last few years? I had some old Puma shorts that I loved but the pockets are so shallow they don't work.

Have Puma fixed their pockets in the last few years? I had some old Puma shorts that I loved but the pockets are so shallow they don't work.
Yes. That was my knock on them early on, but the Jackpot seemed to have fixed that and they are fantastic.

Travis Mathew Starnes for me. Being vertically challenged seems to limit my options to those with shorter inseams and these have checked all of the boxes for fit and comfort this year

Yes. That was my knock on them early on, but the Jackpot seemed to have fixed that and they are fantastic.
Will have to try them. Puma apparel is really growing on me lately and seems to be the best value play, at least up here.

I haven’t had a problem with the Puma Jackpot pockets. But, then again, I don’t like long, deep pockets on my golf shorts.

I haven’t had a problem with the Puma Jackpot pockets. But, then again, I don’t like long, deep pockets on my golf shorts.
Yeah, I think the shallower the better, but if I sit in the car and everything slides out of my pockets? I'm not wearing those again haha.
#cuethesearchundertheseat

Yeah, I think the shallower the better, but if I sit in the car and everything slides out of my pockets? I'm not wearing those again haha.
#cuethesearchundertheseat
I have not had that problem with them.

I'm an adidas guy. Plenty of room and great for fat guys

Travis Matthew. Stretchy and cool in the summer

Either the light weight FJ or Peter Millar.

American Tall, because other than them it's hard to find shorts with a 12" inseam. Golf manufacturers apparently don't think that anybody over about 5'10" plays golf, judging by the lack of tall sizes.

Under Armour here. Really like the fit and fabric.

Back