azfarrier

Average Hack
Reaction score
Handicap
Well a little over a year ago I started playing golf again after about a twenty year hiatus. I played occasionally during that twenty years. Maybe once a year or every other year. I had a buddy come visit last year that is an avid golfer and he insisted we play while he was down. The first day I took my old 25 year old clubs that I had bought used. All day long he was giving me crap about my antique clubs that needed to be in the Smithsonian. The second day I went to load my clubs and he started giving me a hard time and said I should rent some at the course just so I could see the improvements in technology over the last 30 years LOL. I agreed and was amazed. I enjoyed my round so much that the day after he left I went down and got fitted and ordered new clubs. Turns out I was fitted to 1.5" over and the clubs I had been using were 1" under. That couldn't have been helping me.

I played for about a year just trying to improve on my own and did to some degree. Where as before I was always happy if I broke 100 I had been able to get to where I consistently could score in the low 90's with an occasional round in the 80's. I finally decided to take some lessons because there were some aspects of my game I just couldn't figure out on my own or by looking at youtube videos. My game really started coming around and I set a goal for myself of breaking 80 by the end of July.

Sunday I played with a good friend and shot my best round, an 80. I was stoked but at the same time a little disappointed because I knew I had left a few strokes out there and could have reached my goal. Well I had today off so I went back out today early and shot a 79. I was stoked. It's summer in Arizona so no ones on the course and it only took two hours and fifteen minutes for my round so I decided to go around again. This round was a two over 73!!!

A year ago I don't think you could have convinced me I could shoot an 85 and I know I couldn't have shot a 73. Sorry for the long post but I'm sure you can tell I'm pretty excited about this.

Congratulations, heck of an accomplishment.

That's indeed a hell of a two rounds there. I'd say you not only broke your goal, you freakin smashed it.

Congrats on your vast improvement and posting back to back PB's

Well done indeed!

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Congrats, that's pretty darn impressive!

That's awesome! Congrats

Congrats! That is pretty awesome!

Congrats dude.

Congrats man, that is one heck of a year!

Congrats. That is a great story and a heck of an achievement.

That's a strong 36 holes right there. Congrats. New goal? Break 70 by Sep? Just throwin it out there.

Awesome man, great job. And so good to see you're having fun :)

Congrats and keep it up buddy!

Congratulations. That is a heck of a round.

Nice job! Congratulations and keep it up!

Thanks for all the comments guys I really appreciate it. I was so happy with my rounds yesterday I even had a hard time falling asleep last night. LOL

That's a strong 36 holes right there. Congrats. New goal? Break 70 by Sep? Just throwin it out there.

I think for the time being I'm just going to play a few more rounds and hope that yesterday wasn't just a fluke. If I can continue to score in the 70's then my next goal will be a sub-par round.

Great story and congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

wow that is a great streak! congratulations

That's awesome!! Congratulations azfarrier!!!

Keep up the good work!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Congratulations!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Thats a great 2 rounds of golf there. Congrats.

That's awesome. We should play a round sometime. I'm in Chandler and play mostly Bear Creek, Lone Tree and Trilogy.

That's awesome. We should play a round sometime. I'm in Chandler and play mostly Bear Creek, Lone Tree and Trilogy.

We should. Bear Creek is where I played those last three rounds. I also play at Superstition Springs a lot but also enjoy Lone Tree. I've only played Trilogy once but enjoyed it.

Back