Pharaoh

🌹Grandaddy X 🌹 #TeamLegacy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So after years of dodging I got Covid. I’m at the backend of it now (Brain fog and deep cough left over.). It was a pretty rough week last week. What effects if any did you notice on your golf game right after Covid?

I noticed nothing at all but I"m probably the wrong person to answer. I've had seasonal allergies worse than covid. For me with covid I just felt really tired for a day and a half. I wouldn't have know I even had it if I hadn't been contract traced and required to test for work.

So after years of dodging I got Covid. I’m at the backend of it now (Brain fog and deep cough left over.). It was a pretty rough week last week. What effects if any did you notice on your golf game right after Covid?
Nothing for me other than I slept extra well on the days I played.
So it was basically 3 weeks of being "off".
I know others has it worse. I have (had) empathy for them.

Heavy fatigue. Club felt like a sledgehammer for a month or so.

early on, some things. Nothing that would surprise you.

Now? I can't imagine anything has lingered, unless Covid is to blame for my mediocre driver swing.

Outside of maybe some fatigue, you’ll probably be just fine hopefully!

a little tired. Just keep moving, makes you feel better.

I noticed nothing at all but I"m probably the wrong person to answer. I've had seasonal allergies worse than covid. For me with covid I just felt really tired for a day and a half. I wouldn't have know I even had it if I hadn't been contract traced and required to test for work.
Glad I'm not the only that suffers with allergies so bad. I can never tell if I am sick of having my butt kicked by allergies.

Fatigue for a month or so. I swear it's messed with my eyesight some too. Bright sun seems tougher. Eye doctor says it's age.

Took me a couple months to get my stamina back, but I got hit pretty badly. I was laid up with a fever for 19 days, so lack of activity probably contributed as much as covid.

Like most others have said, Fatigue. I took a cart a couple times after instead of walking and it took about a month before I felt back to full strength. Golf game, not much else really, wish I could blame it on that!

I got covid 4 times , but all of them were pretty mild. I actually got 4 different variants too lol....i should get some kind of trophy

unless you get some kind of long covid lingering effect you'll be fine. Just give it some time

I Had pretty bad fatigue for about a month. My first sim round about 2 weeks after I tested positive I was completely exhausted after an hour. I finished the second hour went home and slept two hours. I waited a couple of weeks before I tried again and it was better.

2 times I had it, it was like a cold. So I just waited until i felt better golf was the same for me.

Now? I can't imagine anything has lingered, unless Covid is to blame for my mediocre driver swing.
Are you patient zero???

I've only tested positive once and it was just a slight headache on day one... then nothing after that. I was able to spend some time on the course and felt fine. The bad golf had nothing to do with Covid.

For me Covid was like a cold. I was over it in 3 days. Didn’t really have any effect on my golf game. My wife had it way worse than I did. Lasted 10 days with a bad cough. I got it a month ago for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ooo
Took me like a month to have the energy back.

As far as I can tell, I never caught Covid. I may be lucky, but I haven't been sick in a long time. The thing I noticed about golf once the restrictions were lifted, was how damn crowded the courses were!

It was like I had a could for 2 days. No lingering anything

Reactions: Ooo
Basically like a garden variety case of the flu for me. You’ll feel a little tired for a week or two and maybe have one of those nagging coughs that take a month to go away but nothing to stress about. I’d be as concerned with golf after covid as I’d be with golf after a bad cold. Once you feel like you have the energy for 18 you’ll be fine.

Took me like a month to have the energy back.
This was me. First time I went for a run I had chest pain and hard time breathing.

i got covid for the first time in december , thought i was immune due to superior blood type and cigarettes. since the outbreak ive had numerous kids at home and wife with it but it never happend to me. i was down for about 2 weeks low fevers and body aches and had a nagging cough and fatigue for another 2 weeks. . the brain fog was real .

unfortunately it kept me from golf for the month and it was a dry month so im more bummed about missing golf than being sick.

I must say i do miss the early days of golf during the pandemic. my handicap dropped dramatically when local courses had the donut ring around the flagstick

As everyone said, fatigue. I had it for the first time recently as well. Made the mistake of walking 9 holes not too long after, was winded after two holes and I usually have zero issues.

None, I actually kept working out the times I had it.

Back