Golf Attire Confession

Parshooter36

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm almost embarrassed to write this but here goes. The recent golf clothing thread in the golf section has made me realize that I may be the least fashionable member of THP. I probably own a half dozen golf shirts, most of which are not name brand, that I only break out when I'm playing a nice course.

You see, I play on golf courses where it's common to see guys wearing tank tops and sandals. While I don't go to that extreme, I play a lot of golf in cargo shorts and t-shirts, and if it's too cold for shorts I've been know to play in jeans.
There I've said it, shun me if you must. :alien:

One of my most favorite golfing partners in the world (my FIL) wears jeans unless the course says no-go. I won't shun you dude.

Nope not goin ta do it.
I wear jeans alot & cheap ol polos..1/3rd of time in t shirts I'm not much of a cargo guy.

Spoiler
funny-Jean-Luc-Picard-meme.jpg

Haha only kidding! While I won't wear jeans or cargo shorts on a course, I know plenty who do. Haha, no shunning necessary. :act-up:

I think you will be fine :) just no cargo shorts and tank top in Myrtle! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with that man, I see jeans all the time and my course even lets you wear cut off shirts so you can show off your awesome farmers tan. Say I really could care less what I look like out there. Just aslong as my game is good that is all that should matter.
I'm almost embarrassed to write this but here goes. The recent golf clothing thread in the golf section has made me realize that I may be the least fashionable member of THP. I probably own a half dozen golf shirts, most of which are not name brand, that I only break out when I'm playing a nice course.

You see, I play on golf courses where it's common to see guys wearing tank tops and sandals. While I don't go to that extreme, I play a lot of golf in cargo shorts and t-shirts, and if it's too cold for shorts I've been know to play in jeans.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery.

Just as long as their arent Jorts we are ok

Since coming to the game after a dozen year layoff, one of the things I've been really jazzed to find is how comfortable and affordable good golf wear is now. Back then anything not cotton was like wearing barbed wire, and now the synthetics are so light, cool/warm and frankly often look fantastic.

Cargo shorts are still fashionable here in Kansas :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No way am I going to shun you man, to each his own style, and as long as everyone is following the rules of the course, it makes no difference to me. It may not be my style, but I'm not going to judge you!

GASP!! Shame...

Nah, jk. Who cares. If the dress code is slacks and a collared shirt, wear that. If the dress code is whatever the heck you want, I'd do the same thing

Before thp, I was worse than you!

Golf apparel is one of many things that I didn't give a huge amount of thought to before finding THP (outside of whatever the course rules were). There is a lot of great apparel out there for anyone to find their own style, and it can be had pretty affordably with the right sales. I look back now at the 100% cotton golf shirts I wore almost every day and wonder how I didn't die of heat stroke.

If the dress code allows it, then wear what you find comfortable

Over here, driving ranges don't tend to have a dress code, but I can't think of any course off the top of my head that would allow you to play wearing jeans or football shirts so I am used to wearing trousers and a golf / polo shirts - not sure if I would feel right wearing jeans if I was allowed....

It's the Southern Illinois way! My uncles course makes fun of me for wearing pants or golf shorts when I come up there. They say here comes the Country Club boy.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

No problem at all man, just have fun golfing!

Shame on you! I played a few holes yesterday afternoon in my jeans and a mossy oak logo t-shirt and my running shoes.
I'll save my golf pants and polos for the nicer courses I'll be playing in April.

Shun you!? You should be on the advisory committee for those of us that don't have a wardrobe that would rival Paris Hilton's.

Camo is required dress in Arkiesaw aint it? At least all my relatives down there dress that way. :D

As someone who only wears golf pants and polos regardless of the temp (sweaters or pullovers in the cold), I'm not going to shun you either. It's all about whatever you're comfortable in. One of my favorite single round partners from a random pairing wore a cut-off AC/DC shirt and Jorts. It looked really strange to me, but he was a real cool guy to play 9 with.

I only have a few golf shirts and 2 pair of "golf" shorts. the rest are just khaki shorts... I really need more golf stuff

Thanks for sharing, as I'm in the same boat. I'm scrambling to find golf pants before the Dallas event so I look presentable. Thankfully temps are supposed to be pretty mild, otherwise the cargo shorts may have to come out because I don't own any other pairs of shorts...

I need an extreme makeover, THP edition!

My friend im with you. I wont wear jeans or tank top, but ill wear cargo shorts and pants any day of the week. To me they are more comfortable and have lots of pockets :). I do wear polo's but most of them are not golf branded.

Back