Golf Ball Review - 2015 Lady Precept

cbaker2882,
Video evidence of your chipping in the house? You're going to be in the doghouse if the better half sees that. ?
Great initial thoughts, looking forward to hearing more as you spend some time on the course.

cbaker2882,
Video evidence of your chipping in the house? You're going to be in the doghouse if the better half sees that.
Great initial thoughts, looking forward to hearing more as you spend some time on the course.

I'm just not allowed to break anything. Haha

I would have bladed that sucker right into the table on the right. You got some short game skill to work on your game in the house lol.

I've practiced in my front yard and had to give the old butt clench a few times when one goes astray towards my car or the neighbors house lol.

I like the white with blue markings. I would love to see one of the men's version come in this color scheme.

great reviews everyone, I love the looke of the blue markings on the white ball. its a little thing really, but it looks good

haha make sure you dont take a divot in the carpet

Been looking for a better ball for my gf. Hopefully this turns out to be one of them. She needs a softer ball that would spin a little more.

Been looking for a better ball for my gf. Hopefully this turns out to be one of them. She needs a softer ball that would spin a little more.

You will be able to pick these up in a couple of weeks ( June 1st ) , you may want to pick up a dozen of the current model also as I imagine there will be some pretty good sales on that model too. They are similar but still different.

I like the white with blue markings. I would love to see one of the men's version come in this color scheme.

I agree OG. I would enjoy it if the B330-S came with blue markings. That would make the most sense since the packing is blue with those as well.

Looking forward to the reviews. Ladies golf balls are like a secret weapon for short hitters like me. Extra distance, plus you always know which ball is yours if you play the pink ones.

I hope these get here before the weekend. The wife and I are playing in a 2 day couples tourney this weekend.
She is really excited to be part of her first testing/review.

Here are the color differences I referred to between Bridgestone's optic yellow balls. The e-6 is the previous edition, I only had white in the latest edition. The Lady seems to be a shade that is between the e-6 and the B330-RX to me. I hope this shows up well in the picture.

I have to tell you that I really like that "new" shade better than the E6. What I love about the E6 (and a similar Wilson Elite that I found) are the sparkles. They kind of shine in the sun. Does the LP have those as well?

I'll say it. I'm a late 30s guy who has about a perfectly average swing speed (90 MPH). I really like playing the older LPs and softer balls in general. They just feel better to me off the clubhead.

It also stops the "I'm hitting a Prov1" or "it's a Callaway" debate. People don't fight over the ladies' balls.

I'd game these in yellow in a second..........

I just played my first round with the new Lady Precept and it performed very well for me. I've been really struggling with my game lately. I've shot as low as 76 and as high as 103 this year. Who knows who will show up each time. I shot an 87 today. My driver was really good today and this ball flat out performed off the tee. The rest of my game was only so-so. I asked my husband to take a few videos towards the end of our round today to show the trajectory of the ball. I'm hitting driver in two of the swings and a 6H from the fairway. I play a 10* Yonex driver which keeps my ball flight lower for me as I typically hit an extremely high ball with some drivers and the ball just drops dead. My drives had a baby draw for the most part today and had a great roll out. I would say my drives were as long as I've seen all year. I'm still working out issues with my irons but the balls I hit well were dead on the distance I'm used to with my old Precept. I had 34 putts today with only one 3 putt which is pretty good for me.

Keep in mind that I'm a grandmother when you see me stumble! :alien:

Awesome feedback KB! Ive very much enjoyed reading what you and the other testers have to say about these. I bought my mom a dozen of last years and she loved them so ill have to tell her to give these a go. Keep kicking ass!

I'm playing 9 on Saturday if I don't get out tomorrow and I will put these in play. I know they aren't very similar, but might use the Chrome Softs as a comparison since so many on here know how those play.

I have to tell you that I really like that "new" shade better than the E6. What I love about the E6 (and a similar Wilson Elite that I found) are the sparkles. They kind of shine in the sun. Does the LP have those as well?

I'll say it. I'm a late 30s guy who has about a perfectly average swing speed (90 MPH). I really like playing the older LPs and softer balls in general. They just feel better to me off the clubhead.

It also stops the "I'm hitting a Prov1" or "it's a Callaway" debate. People don't fight over the ladies' balls.

I'd game these in yellow in a second..........

I know what you are talking about but no I do not see the sparkles like the e-6.

I had a dental appointment today so no golf, I will be in Charlotte the next 3 days and then Sunday home and then 2 days in Tallahassee. Hopefully I can get out on Sunday afternoon, or the next time I get out will be Thursday.

I just played my first round with the new Lady Precept and it performed very well for me. I've been really struggling with my game lately. I've shot as low as 76 and as high as 103 this year. Who knows who will show up each time. I shot an 87 today. My driver was really good today and this ball flat out performed off the tee. The rest of my game was only so-so. I asked my husband to take a few videos towards the end of our round today to show the trajectory of the ball. I'm hitting driver in two of the swings and a 6H from the fairway. I play a 10* Yonex driver which keeps my ball flight lower for me as I typically hit an extremely high ball with some drivers and the ball just drops dead. My drives had a baby draw for the most part today and had a great roll out. I would say my drives were as long as I've seen all year. I'm still working out issues with my irons but the balls I hit well were dead on the distance I'm used to with my old Precept. I had 34 putts today with only one 3 putt which is pretty good for me.

Keep in mind that I'm a grandmother when you see me stumble! :alien:

She was hitting this ball very well today! The best I have seen her hit the driver all year with beautiful ball flight and tons of distance.

I forgot to mention that I was very close to all par 5s in two today. I was either pin high or past the pin on 2 of them (but off the green) and only 35 yards short of the 3rd one. That's unusual for me.

I forgot to mention that I was very close to all par 5s in two today. I was either pin high or past the pin on 2 of them (but off the green) and only 35 yards short of the 3rd one. That's unusual for me.

Very cool! So how much of that do you think is the ball?

I'm not sure but I saw better distance than I've been seeing in a while so maybe it's the ball or maybe my swing was better. I'll need to put several balls to the test soon to decide.

Guess what just arrived
43cef88149895eab99c734097c26eb57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today. I went with the white ones. Interesting opening the package with my wife and getting her reaction. She thinks the blue is still quite masculine and would prefer more color or design. Just getting into the game she did say performance would trump looks but she would like to see more design or a more femine logo on the ball in a perfect world. I like the idea that for men the white looks like any other Bridgestone ball unless you are looking close. I am also a fan of the double numbers on the ball like "00" or "33".

Mine arrived today. I went with the white ones. Interesting opening the package with my wife and getting her reaction. She thinks the blue is still quite masculine and would prefer more color or design. Just getting into the game she did say performance would trump looks but she would like to see more design or a more femine logo on the ball in a perfect world. I like the idea that for men the white looks like any other Bridgestone ball unless you are looking close. I am also a fan of the double numbers on the ball like "00" or "33".

I would play the blue in a heartbeat:love: and as a matter of fact when they come out, I'm jumping on em like a dog on a chew bone! :hungry:

Like a few others, my dozen Lady Precepts arrived today. As you can see, my color of choice is Optic Yellow. I'm not sure if it really shows up in the photo, but I've always found that Bridgestone's yellow has a bit more sheen to it than some of the other companies' yellow colors. I've tried to show that here with the Callaway Chrome Soft, whose color looks a bit more solid to me.

A few other things about looks/feel before I get into the performance, or at least the very little bit I can talk about today:

• I'm not a huge fan of the cursive "Lady" on the alignment aid if we're talking about this ball potentially being a hit outside of the target market - however, I'm happy to play a ball with cursive, unicorns, or whatever else on it if it's better than anything else for me
  • It's a little thing, but I'm a fan of the double numbers (00, 11, 22, 33). Like it on the Titleist Velocity, and I'll order other models with higher or double numbers when available. My wife, also a Syracuse grad, will get the "44" sleeve - a number associated with the school.
  • Thanks to another THPer, I have a sleeve of Wilson Duo spin, around - I was going to pick a dozen up to add to the list of balls to compare to along with the SuperSoft. To me, the cover feels a bit tackier on the Lady Precept. It'll be interesting to see if this gives the ball a bit more bite around the green, like Srixon's "Spin Skin" is supposed to work.

I wasn't able to make it out to the range or course with these, so I spent some time carpet putting with the Precept, Duo, and a couple other balls I had around - the RocketBallz Urethane, and a Titleist DT SoLo. Unsurprisingly, the Lady Precept (along with the other softer balls) had a nice solid, lower pitched sound (resulting in a "soft" feel) off of both putters I used. This was really highlighted when I tried the RBZ, which had an higher pitched, "clickier" sound. Sound isn't a huge thing for me when putting, though I must say I did prefer the softer sound of the Precept when comparing the two.

Looking forward to getting around a green later this week, and taking these out for a couple rounds this weekend.

I would play the blue in a heartbeat:love: and as a matter of fact when they come out, I'm jumping on em like a dog on a chew bone! QUOTE]

That's my buddy, wanting to play with blue balls again :alien:

I think I may take my putter and some of the Lady's along with me on my trip this weekend, at least I can do some hotel carpet putting.

Last edited:
Back