Golf Galaxy Driver Fitting

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
https://www.golfgalaxy.com/s/driver-fitting

Our number one priority is to fit you with a driver that you will crush while landing the ball in the fairway 14 times per round.

We carry all the best drivers with the latest in materials, technology and adjustability. Our PGA/LPGA Pros and Certified Fitters match your swing to find your perfect driver.

Driver Fitting is a detailed process. It involves the customization of all the major aspects of a driver that can affect the playability, feel and overall performance of the driver. Length is fit to optimize the best combination of consistency and distance. The best loft choice is determined to maximize launch angle and spin, key ingredients to optimizing distance. Shaft flex and type are determined to optimize trajectory, distance and feel. The proper face angle optimizes directional control and weight to improve the balance of the driver. Grip size, style and type are customized improving shot consistency and provide the player with the comfort, security and feel they desire from address through impact.

Realize your potential off the tee. Call your nearest Golf Galaxy store to schedule your Driver Fitting.

Distance & Optimization
Distance
Discover how the proper loft, shaft, weight, launch angle, spin rate and clubhead speed can deliver more distance off the tee during a proper fitting.

Optimization
For a lot of people, optimization is synonymous with adjustability. And many of the latest drivers have incredible options for adjustment – from face angle, to shot shape, to loft. Weight and aerodynamics play an important role in optimizing a driver to your game. Our certified fitters take these factors into account when fitting you for your new driver, turning you into a fairway-finding machine.

1. Clubhead speed is a critical factor in achieving distance. It's a product of good swing tempo, balance, shaft weight, flex, aerodynamics and weight distribution. More clubhead speed means higher ball speeds, and that means longer drives. We match the driver to your swing and find extra ticks of clubhead speed for those few extra coveted yards.
  2. Spin rate can maximize your distance. Those with a lower clubhead speed need a higher spin rate to keep the ball in the air. Those with a higher clubhead speed send the ball screaming through the air, and a lower spin rate is needed for you to launch it properly. Our certified fitters take spin rate into account during the customization process, ensuring that your ball flies far.
  3. Launch angle is impacted by shaft characteristics, the loft of the club and even the impact zone on the clubface. All of which can be influenced by your swing and attack angle. Through the use of launch monitoring during the driver fitting process we make sure that your ball flight realizes its distance potential.

I have one scheduled for next week, can't wait to see what it tells me

First, my Golf Galaxy doesn't even know what Trackman is, so I guess it's envy there. Second, they use tired old Maxfli's in their hitting bays.

People are going to watch this video who are not familiar with fitting and think that all they need to do to optimize their numbers is switch from stiff to extra stiff, considering that's his primary claim of change. We got to watch the guy thin one with the extra stiff shaft, and then the fitter rip through at least five shots to find the one he liked before making claims of the change.

I don't know many good fitters that use flex as a reason for changing out a shaft. Most of the guys I've watched would prefer to hide the change so that a swing doesn't alter due to perceived notions of flex.

Oh well.

I have one scheduled for next week, can't wait to see what it tells me

What's the cost if you don't mind my asking?

Personally I would go somewhere else. They definitely lost me on finding 14 fairways a round.

I wouldn’t do one but my stepdad did and was very happy. It gave him the confidence boost he needed when the guy said he was all set.

First, my Golf Galaxy doesn't even know what Trackman is, so I guess it's envy there. Second, they use tired old Maxfli's in their hitting bays.

People are going to watch this video who are not familiar with fitting and think that all they need to do to optimize their numbers is switch from stiff to extra stiff, considering that's his primary claim of change. We got to watch the guy thin one with the extra stiff shaft, and then the fitter rip through at least five shots to find the one he liked before making claims of the change.

I don't know many good fitters that use flex as a reason for changing out a shaft. Most of the guys I've watched would prefer to hide the change so that a swing doesn't alter due to perceived notions of flex.

Oh well.

I had a buddy, who despite being reasonably good (12 handicap?), went to Golf Galaxy for a driver 'fitting'. He left with a M3. i asked what shaft they fitted him with, he responded 'stiff'. One driver, stock shaft, fitting done.

I had a buddy, who despite being reasonably good (12 handicap?), went to Golf Galaxy for a driver 'fitting'. He left with a M3. i asked what shaft they fitted him with, he responded 'stiff'. One driver, stock shaft, fitting done.
I can't believe they are actually allowed to call these things 'fittings' and it bothers me to no end.

If its not club champion than it is a terrible fitting right?? No one at any other location will even know what a driver is...

These are the things that scare me about getting a club fitting done.

I hate everything Golf Galaxy. I really do feel I could fit myself better than someone there could fit me. One of my dads friends went and "got fit" at GG. He has been back no less than 4 times for a new shaft because it just didn't perform on the course like it did at the "fitting" He's 70 yrs old and they fit him into a Titleist TS3 haha. Thats not to say its not possible but to me that would be highly unlikely that was the best fit for him

I know the GG nearest to me ALWAYS has someone getting "fitted" in one of the three bays. I've never even hit balls there. Probably good to know that they supposedly have a chart in the break room that shows how much kickback the guys get for each type of driver sold. Yes, I heard this from a very reputable guy who's been around the game for a very long time.

I know the GG nearest to me ALWAYS has someone getting "fitted" in one of the three bays. I've never even hit balls there. Probably good to know that they supposedly have a chart in the break room that shows how much kickback the guys get for each type of driver sold. Yes, I heard this from a very reputable guy who's been around the game for a very long time.

Spiff is a fairly industry wide thing. Golf Galaxy is by far not the only company that does it.

Spiff is a fairly industry wide thing. Golf Galaxy is by far not the only company that does it.

The founder of Club Champion said on THP Live recently that they do not partake in any spiffs to their fitters.
While I know many do, they are one that says at least they do not do it.

What's the cost if you don't mind my asking?

Personally I would go somewhere else. They definitely lost me on finding 14 fairways a round.
It was like $30, and honestly it was just because the local company reps didn't have any place they could get me in to test and I was going to be near a GG for a meeting, figured it would be a good way to waste a bit of time.

The founder of Club Champion said on THP Live recently that they do not partake in any spiffs to their fitters.

It is something the OEMs pay. It is not done at the account level. So my thought would be, they get it. They just do not pass it on to their employees. If that is truly the case. I commend them. I think it should be the standard for any fitter to be brand agnostic.

I don't get it.
It's like going to Dick's Sporting goods and getting a fitting...... Uh wait it is going to Dick's Sporting Goods.. I'll pass.

Unless its changed recently PGASS sales guys also are not commission based.

Unless its changed recently PGASS sales guys also are not commission based.

They aren't, but I am pretty sure they have spiff programs in place (from companies).

It's like going to Dick's Sporting goods and getting a fitting...... Uh wait it is going to Dick's Sporting Goods.. I'll pass.
The idea of going to Dick's for a driver fitting is... terrifying.

OEM's have fitting days there where they will bring in their own Trackman/GC Quads to do fittings using their clubs & good balls.

That is the only way I would ever do a fitting at Golf Galaxy.

The idea of going to Dick's for a driver fitting is... terrifying.

I wouldn't buy socks from that company, let alone golf equipment.

Back