Golf Hoodies: Where do you stand now?

@Templet0n Thanks guys. I’ve got a couple lightweight hoodies that would look good under vests.
I have an under armor puffer I like as well. It is less flexible so I don’t wear it golfing though.

I will say, if you're going to rock a hoodie under the vest, most companies I'd probably size up in their vests. The Rhoback and Patagonia ones I have fit really well on top of 1/4 zips I have, but with the hoodies, even the lightweight ones, it seems to be just a bit less movement in them.

I do now have a thin golf hoodie from Vineyard Vines - and I love it. Especially in the colder golf days, it is nice to have the extra layer on. You've won me over.

Firmly on my two feet with my chest out on the FOR side.

STILL love them. Bought a Greyson one from the Hideaway a couple weeks ago and it may be one of my new favorites!

UA hoodie for colder days, Columbia hoodie for everything else. Love them!!

STILL love them. Bought a Greyson one from the Hideaway a couple weeks ago and it may be one of my new favorites!
I've been wearing the TravisMathew hoodie from our Grandaddy swag for my early morning rounds, it's my new favorite.

I like ‘em, just haven’t bought one yet.

Wear them all of the time. This is my new favorite. Funny thing is I never wear the hood-it is always down.

Every brand has em. I don’t own one. Don’t see the need to have the hood hanging back there. If I’m Charlie Woods. Sure, it’s cool!!

Just picked up a Johnnie-O hoodie yesterday from Stillwater.

This probably sounds strange and doesn't resonate with people. But as a black dude over 50 who got into golf in the early Tiger days when the sport had a more exclusionary reputation, I have always been sensitive to 'looking like I belonged there.'

So it's been hard for me to consider more casual attire until it's very mainstream. The golf hoodie is getting close, but not quite there for me yet.

Just being honest - know it's my own hangup.

What’s your “go to” vest when wearing a hoodie?
Little Donkey Andy softshell. Performs just as well as vests costing 4X as much.
Columbia. Another great value.
I don't feel the need to impress anyone with the logos on my clothing. LOL

Wear them all of the time. This is my new favorite. Funny thing is I never wear the hood-it is always down.

That’s what gets me with the hoodies. If you don’t ever really wear the hood what’s the point?

Still no.
I dont like or wear hoodies in general. I have one quarter zip hoodie that I wear but never use the hood. So the hood is an unnecessary accessory. Just give me the quarter or half zip.

I am not anti hoodie if someone wants to wear it as golf attire. Go for it. Just not my style.

I'd never wear one. To me the only place a hood belongs is on a monk, lol.

I have a couple Puma Cloudspun that I wear all the time.

I have fallen in love with the Pins and Aces waffle knit hoodies. Wore my black one yesterday on the course and never felt a need to take it off, though my playing partners both ended up shedding their jackets before the day was up. It's the perfect jacket between 45 and 60 degrees and will probably be great with a vest over it to about 40, or ever below.

Played in a golf hoodie for the first time a couple weeks ago and I loved it. Puma. All black. Incredibly comfortable

Can't get enough of them, even looking for vests with hoods as well now

My wife bought me my first golf hoodie a couple months back. It felt..."off"...wearing it on course, at first, but by the end of the round I was a fan. I have the odd task of building my golf wardrobe from complete scratch and I think golf hoodies have a earned at least a small place in the lineup.

I don't mind hoodies. I'm trying be open minded about vest but failing.

Picked up a Swag golf UNRL hoodie the other day and hot damn. Why have I been sleeping on UNRL hoodies! Thing is legit. Wonder if my pro shop would be able to order them with my shop credit

That’s what gets me with the hoodies. If you don’t ever really wear the hood what’s the point?
Fashion. haha. I don't know that I ever use the hood on any of my non golf hoodies lol

How do you feel about UV hoodies? I picked up a few plain ones for summer golf. Not sure the fishing ones would go over very well, especially the ones with blood stains.

4719CFF7-B36D-48BD-9BD4-8A0E9FAB61EE.jpeg

Back