Golf Hoodies: Where do you stand now?

Love 'em. I like that it's a nice looking sweater with a hood so I can have something to keep a cold wind or hot sun off my neck. I don't need the front pocket, and I don't like bulky clothing. Got a Johnnie-O 1/4 zip hoodie that is, to me, the perfect sweater.

1700512783547.png

The real question is do I just skip the in between and try out a quarter zip hoodie.

I don’t like wearing hoods so a sweater or jacket with one is out for me. I’ve a couple/few in the closet, received as gifts (not golf specific gear) I’ve never worn them, never even tried them on. They gotta go into the next clothing donation pile.

I do have one old coat with a hood. It was very nice when new, only wore in (uncomfortably) once in the real world. That one’s only used to walk the dog in frigid whether and it would have to be in the teens and windy for that hood to go over my head. I just hate the feeling/sensation of wearing a hood.

I'd give a thin golf hoodie a try, if it is made of comfortable material.

Much prefer a vest to a hoodie.

Bring on the hate!
IMG_4059.jpegThis straight down vest is from Mn Jr PGA days and I think from 1999 or 2000. I still rock the hell out of it! Full Zip vest. I’ll embrace vests w ya

I do like wearing hoodies on the golf course.. They don't have to be "golf" hoodies, tho.

Honestly, I don't own golf specific hoodies, and end up wearing normal hoodies on the course often.

At this point, I need to start investing in some.

I don't think I've ever owned a hoodie in my entire life, golf or otherwise. I thought they were primarily used for brooding.

Do people use the hood part?

I don't think I've ever owned a hoodie in my entire life, golf or otherwise. I thought they were primarily used for brooding.

Do people use the hood part?

You thought people wore hoodies when they were in a bad mood?

I enjoy hoodies for comfort and golf for its traditional charm, but personally, I prefer keeping them separate.

I negotiated a discount on a FJ Hoodie from the pro shop a couple of days before they were closing for the season.
I'm wearing it for the first time time today and I'll tell you I love it.

Everything I've been buying recently has a "Neck" and "Belly" Hoodie on it.

We have had this convo a while back, and it was dicey at times….but I want to know where everyone’s mind on golf hoodies are now a year-plus down the road?
still very much out.

I haven't tried a hoodie in the course yet. I enjoy my quarter zips. I guess my concern might be blocking peripheral vision, but I'm sure that's overthinking it.

Love them!

View attachment 9223469This straight down vest is from Mn Jr PGA days and I think from 1999 or 2000. I still rock the hell out of it! Full Zip vest. I’ll embrace vests w ya
Love me some vests. I wear golf hoodies and vests all the time. Just not to golf in. lol.

I have UA quarter and half zips with hoods. Makes thermal regulation a lot easier than a regular hoodie.

Love me some vests. I wear golf hoodies and vests all the time. Just not to golf in. lol.
What’s your “go to” vest when wearing a hoodie?

I’ve got a Trav one and a Puma one that are perfect when combo’ing with a hoodie.

I’ve got a Trav one and a Puma one that are perfect when combo’ing with a hoodie.
@Templet0n Thanks guys. I’ve got a couple lightweight hoodies that would look good under vests.

I have been going Rhoback for both recently. The Rhoback hoodies are nice and light and the vests are solid too.

*I don't get commission from this post, I just enjoy their stuff lol

Back