Golf in Sedona Arizona

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok it looks like I may be in Sedona Arizona in June and was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for a good golf course there?

Spent the 1st week of April in Sedona. Loved it. I played at the Sedona Golf Resort. Some awesome views on the course. I would recommend it. I think there are only 3 coarses in the area. I didn't play any of the others. I heard Seven Canyons was good, didn't play it but saw it from a Hot Air Balloon and it looked like it would be nice to play.

Spent the 1st week of April in Sedona. Loved it. I played at the Sedona Golf Resort. Some awesome views on the course. I would recommend it. I think there are only 3 coarses in the area. I didn't play any of the others. I heard Seven Canyons was good, didn't play it but saw it from a Hot Air Balloon and it looked like it would be nice to play.

I will have to check it out. I have never been to Arizona so do I need to get an early tee time to beat the heat that time of the year?

Not sure about June. I know that 2 weeks ago, Sedona was a lot cooler than Phoenix. I would guess that in june it would be mid to upper 80s.

Check out this course called Seven Canyons: http://www.sevencanyons.com/golf.php

It was designed to be a private club, but they've opened it up to public play. I've never played there, but saw an article on it recently and thought it looked good.

Check out this course called Seven Canyons: http://www.sevencanyons.com/golf.php

It was designed to be a private club, but they've opened it up to public play. I've never played there, but saw an article on it recently and thought it looked good.
I got to play there a few years back when my sister was a member there. Spectacular scenery fun course. The course seemed a little cramped with narrow fairways right next to each other without a lot of buffer, and on some of the holes the houses are right next to the course. There was one real nice place right in the crook of a dogleg left. I bet that place got hit at least once a day. Don't know what they are charging now but it is probably worth a round if it's not ridiculous.

We played at Sedona Golf Resort over Memorial Day last year and enjoyed the course. Open on the front nine and tighter on the back nine. Great views from the top of the course. We got around as a two some in 3:45, and bought our tee time on golfnow.com for about 50% off the rack rate. Nice place.

The other course nearby looked nice from the road, too (Oak Creek).

Ok it looks like I may be in Sedona Arizona in June and was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for a good golf course there?

I played the Sedona Golf Resort two or three years ago. It is good but not a great course. It is very scenic, just maybe a little overpriced like everything else in Sedona. I didn't use Golf Now, not sure that was an option then. There was a tournament on the Oak Creek course so it was not open during my brief visit. I would play Sedona Golf Resort again, especially at a better price point.
IMG_0178.JPG

Seven canyons is a great course. A great way to beat the heat in Phoenix.

Seven canyons is a great course. A great way to beat the heat in Phoenix.

I looked this one up online and it looks like a great track and a bit cheaper that the resort course. Do we have any THP'rs in the area that might want to hook up and play some golf together?

Relative newb poster but long time gawker, here. I'm not sure what your travel window is but myself and two buddies will be in Phoenix for a week of business/golf (actually 2 days of business and 4 days of gold but who's counting) from 6/11-17. Looking at one of those days as a "getaway day" to head up Sedona (Seven Canyons) or down to Tucson (Dove Mt). If you think you'd be interested in rounding out a foursome, let me know. We range, in play from from a 9/10 to a 20+ HCP so we've got all angles covered. :D

Relative newb poster but long time gawker, here. I'm not sure what your travel window is but myself and two buddies will be in Phoenix for a week of business/golf (actually 2 days of business and 4 days of gold but who's counting) from 6/11-17. Looking at one of those days as a "getaway day" to head up Sedona (Seven Canyons) or down to Tucson (Dove Mt). If you think you'd be interested in rounding out a foursome, let me know. We range, in play from from a 9/10 to a 20+ HCP so we've got all angles covered. :D

I think we are getting into Sedona on the 9 thru the 17 so this might be something we can work out.

I'll be in Sedona in Aug and I'm torn between Sedona Resort and Seven Canyons. Golfnow has both so as it gets closer I'll probably play the cheapest of the two. Both courses look beautiful.

I'll be in Sedona in Aug and I'm torn between Sedona Resort and Seven Canyons. Golfnow has both so as it gets closer I'll probably play the cheapest of the two. Both courses look beautiful.

Make sure you grab an early tee time to avoid afternoon thunder showers.

When we were in Sedona last year, we could not get a straight answer about Seven Canyons and it's condition. Sounds like it bounced back.

Yea. It's there most wet season so it will be a crap shoot. I plan on getting in as early as possible.

Anyone have an opinion on Oak Creek CC vs Elephant Rocks in Williams?

My buddy and I are doing a loop in 2 weeks. Sedona Golf Resort, Monticello UT Hideout, Moab GC, and on the way back either Elephant Rocks or Oak Creek CC.

<Sorry to threadjack, but this seems pretty near on topic and bumps it>

Last edited:
Hey C.Speckler are you still interested in getting together for a round of golf maybe?

I just read in Golf magazine a review for Seven Canyons. Big thumbs up from them.

It looks like I'll be in Sedona on vacation in Mid June this year. Looking to possibly play once or twice while I'm out there. Is Seven Canyons still open to the public? Based on their website it sounds like it is private.

It looks like I'll be in Sedona on vacation in Mid June this year. Looking to possibly play once or twice while I'm out there. Is Seven Canyons still open to the public? Based on their website it sounds like it is private.

They do list a number "for tee times and reservations" so maybe they will let the public come out for non-peak tee times, on short notice? If they do, I would bet it would easily be $100+

I've also played Sedona Golf Resort and Oak Creek Country Club, and to me, those were better experiences. Easier to get to, the staff was nicer, better food options, both for snacks on the course and dining. And the views are comparable. Seven Canyons has slightly more "wow" factor because it's set so low and surrounded, but really anywhere in Sedona is going to be an awesome visual experience. I'd play either of these again before Seven Canyons, but that is also based on my educated guess that Seven Canyons is significantly pricier than the others. If they were all three equally priced, it would be a toss-up for me.

You got any other plans in Sedona? I love that place. If you get the chance, go to Jerome. It's one of the funkiest little places I've ever visited. Fun drive, too!

I would skip Seven Canyons personally and play Oak Creek Country Club.

They do list a number "for tee times and reservations" so maybe they will let the public come out for non-peak tee times, on short notice? If they do, I would bet it would easily be $100+

I've also played Sedona Golf Resort and Oak Creek Country Club, and to me, those were better experiences. Easier to get to, the staff was nicer, better food options, both for snacks on the course and dining. And the views are comparable. Seven Canyons has slightly more "wow" factor because it's set so low and surrounded, but really anywhere in Sedona is going to be an awesome visual experience. I'd play either of these again before Seven Canyons, but that is also based on my educated guess that Seven Canyons is significantly pricier than the others. If they were all three equally priced, it would be a toss-up for me.

You got any other plans in Sedona? I love that place. If you get the chance, go to Jerome. It's one of the funkiest little places I've ever visited. Fun drive, too!

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'd looked at both Oak Creek and Sedona and those look like good options. It looks like Scottsdale is pretty cheap that time of year as well due to the heat some something there might be an option.

As far as Sedona goes, we intend on staying there for an entire week. I've been there twice before but only for a day each time so I'm looking forward to spending the week there and enjoying the scenery. We figure maybe a couple of rounds of golf and a day trip to see the Grand Canyon. I also enjoy a good bottle of wine so we want to check out some of the area wineries, including Caduceus Cellars in Jerome. Otherwise I think we'll fill our time with some relaxation and day hikes in the red rocks, etc.

I've really loved it there in my previous trips and have always looked forward to being able to spend a good bit of time there.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'd looked at both Oak Creek and Sedona and those look like good options. It looks like Scottsdale is pretty cheap that time of year as well due to the heat some something there might be an option.

As far as Sedona goes, we intend on staying there for an entire week. I've been there twice before but only for a day each time so I'm looking forward to spending the week there and enjoying the scenery. We figure maybe a couple of rounds of golf and a day trip to see the Grand Canyon. I also enjoy a good bottle of wine so we want to check out some of the area wineries, including Caduceus Cellars in Jerome. Otherwise I think we'll fill our time with some relaxation and day hikes in the red rocks, etc.

I've really loved it there in my previous trips and have always looked forward to being able to spend a good bit of time there.

My buddy lives in Prescott which is about an hour away. I go up there 4 or 5 times a year to play golf and either Sedona Golf Resort or Oak Creek are always on my to do list. There's also a course in Prescott Valley called Stoneridge Golf Club that's pretty fun to play... if you're looking of other options.

Back