Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

I had a standard gray put on a driver shaft for my SLDR with +3 layers (4 total) to try and get it halfway between standard and midsize. It should be halfway between the sizes in the upper hand, but I'm not sure where it will be in comparison for the bottom hand. I'll try and get side by side pic comparisons with a midsize grip and will get some range time in with it tonight.

The rain beat me to the driving range so I didn't get to test the grip out. The size is pretty different though. I had +3 wraps added to a standard gray MCC Plus4 and it ended up being about the same size or a hair smaller near the butt end of the grip than a midsize with one wrap. But, the middle of the Plus4 grip down is bigger than the midsize. And it's pretty straight/non-tapered compared to a normal grip shape.

So if you want a standard plus4 to be somewhere between standard and Midsized it's probably going to require only +1 wrap (2 total).

Here are some pics of grips. The bottom is a midsize with one wrap, the middle is my plus4, and the top is a tacki-mac jumbo grip:

7E7BE3AD-0368-4A07-8C64-FD4BBBF45677_zpsgb3hwjtc.jpg

6E39A357-4AAA-442F-A75B-77E7ACBE5BF9_zpsaea3fcgv.jpg

So I put one of these on, and it's...different. The bottom where they put the extra material to take out the taper feels squishy to me. Not sure how else to put it other than squishy. Just going by initial reactions from holding the club and giving a few swings, it's not my favorite. The top corded part is slightly softer than the NDMC's, but it's really not that much.

I might check these out.

Did GP dump the "whiteouts?" that would explain why they are harder to find now as well as not on GP's website. They in either black/blue have been my preferred's for the last few years (+3 wraps), so sexy.

Fallback is still the NDMC in white or these new MC4's I guess

I might check these out.

Did GP dump the "whiteouts?" that would explain why they are harder to find now as well as not on GP's website. They in either black/blue have been my preferred's for the last few years (+3 wraps), so sexy.

Fallback is still the NDMC in white or these new MC4's I guess
I believe the whiteouts are discontinued. If you are looking to buy some, check GolfWorks. I believe they had the blue and black for about $6.99 each last time I looked. I was looking for them in red but they didn't have them.

I put one of the Plus 4's on my driver and played my first round with it yesterday and really liked the feel. It was definitely softer in the right hand then the regular ones and you could tell its a little bigger too. I think it helped me get my hands in the right position on my drives cause I had one of my better driving days yesterday.

I believe the whiteouts are discontinued. If you are looking to buy some, check GolfWorks. I believe they had the blue and black for about $6.99 each last time I looked. I was looking for them in red but they didn't have them.

Yeah! that is the first place that comes up in a search too. Might load up on some black.......since they only have black or green left. I can always find lots of whiteout blue on ebay still as well

I ended up buying 10 of the MCC Plus 4 in grey and have done a few of my clubs (+2 wraps) and yeah, the lower seems softer than MCC (prob because it is thicker) but they seem to be a good compromise between reg and midsize. I was a midsize user for a long time so these are a good compromise. Need more color choices though!

Round update: was hitting way too many unexpected fades all of a sudden.......I think the +2 wraps was too much or my swing was especially bad (which it might have been).

Moved a few clubs back to just the grip (one wrap) and the are much better. Not sure how the lower softer portion will hold up though.

Last edited:
Got a box of these for review and hope to get them out for some testing yet this week.

These look sweet! I like the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liking forward to your thoughts

Held them, it felt squishy. Not sure how it'd be playing. I'd say it's in between the regular grips and the winn soft grips.

I have a few rounds with this on my driver and really love it. I'm probably gonna do my 4 wood and hybrids too now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great Cacee

Those look really sharp. Very nice!! Hope you like them as much on the course.

My club guy finished installing my new Recoils a day ahead of schedule so I got to put the new MCC Plus 4 grips on tonight. They look fantastic and feel even better. The soft lower section is really, really good. I liked these in the golf shop and I think I'm going to absolutely love them on the course. We'll find out tomorrow!

Man those clubs look nice! My Recoil 125F4's are on the way and so are 11 red MCC Plus4's to go with them. I'm excited now seeing how slick the combo looks. I picked up 2 blue Plus4's for my woods.

Grabbed a few of these to try on my driver and woods. Hoping to really like them. I tend to choke down at times on my driver/woods and hate the feeling of almost nothing to hold onto. Hoping these do the trick with the non tapered design.

I had a wedge done in these and came away unimpressed, I couldn't really see the benefit of the larger lower end.

Just had these put on my driver, 3w, and hybrid. Such a difference now compared to the stock grips. So far I am very impressed with these grips on the range. Will get to try them on the course this week and see how they perform.

Just had these put on my driver, 3w, and hybrid. Such a difference now compared to the stock grips. So far I am very impressed with these grips on the range. Will get to try them on the course this week and see how they perform.

I just ordered 13 from DS, current promo on their site that gives you free installation with a purchase of 10 or more so it saves me the effort of doing them myself. On top of that, I had a mailer coupon code that did not exclude GP so I got an additional $30 off (on orders of $150 or more so I had to add a few items to reach), can't ask for a much better deal than that.

They had some in my local store last week and they are noticeably softer on the bottom compared to original mcc's, looking forward to seeing how they play.

Last edited:
I put these on my wedges and driver and they feel great. I have more on the way so I can reshaft my irons and have these installed with them.

I've determined that these just feel weird and squishy to me regardless of how many wraps I put underneath. I just got a new (testing) XR 6 iron with my normal ND MCC + 3 wraps and it feels much better to me. I was a full cord guy forever (what a pita to install, uggh) so I like some "grip" to my grips. YMMV

So I went and put one of these on a hybrid today after seeing it on a buddies over the weekend. I'm not overly impressed with any added(or subtracted) performance. I can't say it would make me want to change my grips all the way through my bag. I would also have to concur that it does seem soft, but it doesn't bother me at all. If you have a tighter grip, I could see it being a problem.

I saw these in store and felt them. Loved how they felt so I installed them on every club in my bag. Huge mistake for me (played 3 rounds with them). I previously played the new decade multi compound standard size grips and I have lost a lot of feel with the wider grips and I feel like its harder to get my wrist to turn over at all. Now, I will say I like the they've handled with my short game as I tend to get wristy at times with my chips and they have helped deaden my hands a lot but my other clubs I feel myself hitting the middle of the face on the clubs but unable to really turn my wrists over at all which is making everything go right and my typical miss is left. I am sure there as some swing flaws in there too but this result was immediate once I put these grips on my clubs. Needless to say these will be coming off tomorrow and going back to my old grips. I am hoping to save the grips and throw them on the marketplace for someone wanting to add these to their clubs. Not bad grips, just not right for me.

Buddy I played with today had these in standard size.

Compared directly to my mid size ndmc they felt like a great mid way point between the 2.

I honestly like the feel of the mid size overall. I would like to see these in mid size though.

I took about 5 swings on the range with his 7i and really liked these. But just felt I had to grip the club harder compared to the mid size. And could feel myself getting handsy.... M

Tap tap taparoo

Back