Grayson Murray wins the 2024 Sony Open, WITB

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Grayson Murray wins the playoff at the Sony Open in Hawaii, winning with an absolutely bomb of a putt from 39 feet. Here's a peek at his bag;

Driver: Mizuno ST-X 230 (10.5 degrees; UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X White 7F5)
3-wood: Callaway Rogue ST Max (16.5 degrees; UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Black 7F5)
7-wood: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond (20 degrees, UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X 8FS)
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 (4) Mizuno Pro 221 (5-PW) True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 Tour Issue
Wedges: Mizuno T24 (52, 56, 60) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Putter: L.A.B. Golf Link 1
Ball: Titleist Pro V

Nothing too crazy here, but leaving seeing a PGA Pro rocking a 7 wood!

Last edited:
I think there are lots more 7 woods out there these days. I do like the basically 4 wood (or 3 HL) and 7 wood setup. You have to like seeing a few Mamiya shafts in the bag.

I love this guy's story.

He is very LIN-Q heavy.

TSPX on the Black? Or Proto?

Good for him and if I was him I would be petty and hit Rory up on social media and ask how his weekend with while posing with the Sony Open trophy, lol.

Yeah, it's a great story, and I am glad to see him get his second victory.

Battled addiction and depression, placing the weight of the world on himself for not being better, currently 8 months sober and just setting himself up for success on and off the course.

He is very LIN-Q heavy.
One thing I noticed also. Do you remember who the last pro that used Recoils in their irons?

Does Rory get partial credit for this win? I mean if you think about he did yell at him to "just play better" at the player's only meeting. If Rory doesn't tell him that, who knows , maybe he doesn't play better

LAB has certainly racked in some strong finishes over the last 6 months. Kind of cool to see for a not so huge/mainstream putter brand.

Good for him and if I was him I would be petty and hit Rory up on social media and ask how his weekend with while posing with the Sony Open trophy, lol.

He has a long way to go to really be taking pokes at Rory.

I think there are lots more 7 woods out there these days. I do like the basically 4 wood (or 3 HL) and 7 wood setup. You have to like seeing a few Mamiya shafts in the bag.
Grayson has been a long time UST guy, love seeing him get the W

He has a long way to go to really be taking pokes at Rory.
He should tell Rory to get a LAB putter, lord knows Rory needs it.

Interesting to see the LAB putter in his hands also. Most of the LAB putters I have seen on tour so far have been broomsticks.

Was expecting a Mizuno putter after this post on Instagram.

Still a win for a Mizuno guy.
Seems odd for a company to highlight one of the three clubs in the bag that isn’t theirs, but I guess that’s just me.

Mizuno everything else. Guessing not ball. But I honestly don’t know.
Callaway fairways and Titleist ball.

Back