Greetings from Scotland

Br1an_g

Reaction score
Handicap
CONGU 11.7
Hi All,

I am Brian from Glasgow in Scotland. came across the forum and it seemed like a pretty good place for golf info and banter so i signed up.

Took up golf about 5 years ago, got lots of lessons, then joined my first club about 4 years ago with a handicap of 24. got this down over 2 seasons to 17 where i am now well and truly stuck. this winter i plan to get that sorted and knock a few strokes off next season.

love playing golf in scotland, give or take the weather. plenty of great courses, and lots of little gems to be found.

planning a trip to Vegas in April, so any suggestions for courses to play while im over let me know.

Play Well.

brian

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP Brian. There are several people from the Vegas area on this forum, Provisional being one who can surely give you an idea of the courses there. You can PM him if need be closer to that time.

Enjoy the site.

Welcome to THP!!! thedue beat me to it, I was going to suggest Provisional as well, an probably Vegan, they are both from Vegas.

Glad to have you on the site. Welcome

welcome!

Welcome to THP Brian!

I enjoy visiting Glasgow. I have to make a trip to the Pot Still when ever I am in Faslane. Hop the train from Ellensburgh and an hour later your at city center. The last time I was there Scotland beat England in rugby at Edinburgh!!!

Welcome to THP!! It has always been a dream of mine to play golf at the game's birthplace. Is it true that Mary Queen of Scots was a big hitter?

Welcome Brian,
I hope you plan to play some Irish courses too soon :D

welcome from Dublin

Welcome Brian. This is a great site I am sure you will enjoy.

thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

locolar, St andrews is a fantastic place if you love your golf, the whole town is just golf and has a great vibe to it. if you ever get the chance to visit, dont be blinded by just the Old Course, there are several that are all just as good, albeit without the history of the old course. I recently played the Strathtyrum Course. very nice, not hugely difficult but still gives you a taste of st andrews (but easier to get a t-time and a lot less expensive).

cocopoppyhead: this season we had a number of UK courses to play, we plan on travelling a bit further afield next year so ireland is on the cards. hopefully, like in scotland, we can pick the good weather :)

thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

cocopoppyhead: this season we had a number of UK courses to play, we plan on travelling a bit further afield next year so ireland is on the cards. hopefully, like in scotland, we can pick the good weather :)

hopefully so, i played the K club the other day in ireland, and got washed out of it... roads were closed down afterwards because of the extensive flooding... was a bit hasty with the lightning too.. lol

im looking to book a golf trip or 2 over the next year or 2, scotland too is on the cards

hopefully so, i played the K club the other day in ireland, and got washed out of it... roads were closed down afterwards because of the extensive flooding... was a bit hasty with the lightning too.. lol

im looking to book a golf trip or 2 over the next year or 2, scotland too is on the cards

i would recommend The Belfry if your plan is UK and not just scotland. we recently got an overnight stay, and round on the PGA course for £69. best course i have played and it was february, after snow and rain. greens were lightning. embarassed to say i hit my first putt from about 10ft, 15ft past..:angry: :D

Welcome

Back