Status
Not open for further replies.
Anythings better then nothing.

Yes and no. Quite frankly it's a pistol and any pistol caliber used for self defense most likely won't stop people on the first hit.

No, that is the opposite of what you want, think of a situation where someone is attacking you, rushing you, your moving they're moving you heart is racing and your scared, you think you can hit someone in the head?

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

A 25 is better than a sharp stick. The only place smaller calibers aren't deadly is on the Internet.

The old joke I've heard about the .25 is: If you get in a situation where you have to shoot someone with a .25, when he figures out you shot him a few hours later, he's going to be pretty pissed.

Seriously though, the .25 meets the first rule of a gunfight (have a gun) but I wouldn't want to count on it in a hairy situation. .380 is the smallest I'd go for something defensive in nature. A lot of people would up that to 9mm or .40 as a minimum.

all good points, first thing is have a gun, second is train with it, third train some more.

Few tweaks i made to my Ruger sr1911 commander.

Four main things,

1. Ed Brown chainlink bobtail
2. Larry Davidson Thin Sunburst Grips
3. EGW Carry bevel bushing and extended spring plug
4. Harrison Design Firing Pin Stop

I found one of these for $75 at a pawn shop, should I get it?

yjavedug.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Few tweaks i made to my Ruger sr1911 commander.

Four main things,

1. Ed Brown chainlink bobtail
2. Larry Davidson Thin Sunburst Grips
3. EGW Carry bevel bushing and extended spring plug
4. Harrison Design Firing Pin Stop

Man! I'm diggin that 1911! Now I'm in ponder mode.

im pondering a s&w sd9ve and might pick one up on friday

im pondering a s&w sd9ve and might pick one up on friday

I'd save up a few more bucks and get an M&P, or a Glock or XD. I'm not saying it's going to blow up or anything, but they're at that price point for a reason.

I'd save up a few more bucks and get an M&P, or a Glock or XD. I'm not saying it's going to blow up or anything, but they're at that price point for a reason.

I agree with Greg 100%, heck I am seeing MP 9mm compacts new for 450.00 shipped

Another vote for M&P. I have had an M&P9c for a few years and it's one if my favorites. I put an Apex kit in in a year or so ago and now it's butter!

I rotate an M&P 9 in my carry line up. I also resort to it sometines over the 1911 when teaching classes that require a lot of rounds.

Another vote for M&P. I have had an M&P9c for a few years and it's one if my favorites. I put an Apex kit in in a year or so ago and now it's butter!

Apex really does some great things to a M&P, I have two kits installed, waiting a little longer before I put on in my shield, I like its trigger already.
Got my shield 9mm for 420 new

carry it every day

I rotate an M&P 9 in my carry line up. I also resort to it sometines over the 1911 when teaching classes that require a lot of rounds.

first was MP9c, then Shield, now I am breaking the sr1911 CMD in and if it passes I will start carrying a 1911 for first time.

Speaking of carrying, are the 5.11 tactical belts decent?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

what is it? for $75 if its in decent shape id get it

It's some sort of Bryco arms .380, I don't know I may wait to get the Springfield 40 that they had

ive heard really bad things about the sigma lines and the the ones in prior incarnations
but the sd9ve ive heard is really solid for a budget gun... lots of good reviews

dont get me wrong... im still getting a glock 19 AND an xds but its a lot easier dropping $200-$300 on a toy than it is twice that lol

Speaking of carrying, are the 5.11 tactical belts decent?

They can work on a pinch, I have a few, but for EDC I use a wilderness belt with 5 stitch option, excellent.

I will definitely check this out. Any thoughts regarding a leather option?

They can work on a pinch, I have a few, but for EDC I use a wilderness belt with 5 stitch option, excellent.

Meanwhile in NM

eryta3yd.jpg

ysebynam.jpg

bady8use.jpg

Hmm, after talking to a couple of law enforcement buddies, I think getting my ccw permit just jumped to the top of my priorities.

The laws are vague enough that they can be interpreted multiple ways, and the LEO has the authority to decide how to do so.

Just make it better when I have pistol on me, or in my car.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I want a lever action .22 now. They are so much fun to play with lol. Also have a brand new tech-9 that made me laugh when I first saw it.

I want a lever action .22 now. They are so much fun to play with lol. Also have a brand new tech-9 that made me laugh when I first saw it.
You might want to check for any local ranges that shoot lever action Rimfire Silhouette. its a great, fun game.

just picked up some 9mm ammo at wallyworld... its been forever since ive even seen it there

You might want to check for any local ranges that shoot lever action Rimfire Silhouette. its a great, fun game.

Thanks man I'll have to see

Made me chuckle a bit

ezadubu8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back