Guys Trips: How many of you have a group who travel?

Not yet but we lost one of our AZ THPers (@dunkjez) to a move this year and we've floated the idea of a Vegas golf trip to reunite. @mtbloco, @oumagic and I were talking about it in a text thread not too long ago.

With the success of our first AZ THP Golf Club outing, I think we could have a pretty solid contingent show up and make it a yearly thing.

First things first, though, We gotta get that first one in the books................

Not yet but we lost one of our AZ THPers (@dunkjez) to a move this year and we've floated the idea of a Vegas golf trip to reunite. @mtbloco, @oumagic and I were talking about it in a text thread not too long ago.

With the success of our first AZ THP Golf Club outing, I think we could have a pretty solid contingent show up and make it a yearly thing.

First things first, though, We gotta get that first one in the books................

I'm still game! Just say the word.

A group of us have been getting together once a year the last few years to play, but it’s tough because it’s that time in life when everyone is getting married and golf trips can be hard to come by. We’ve done Ocean Isle Beach, NC a number of times, or the jersey shore. One year it was a bachelor party in Vegas. Nothing on the calendar yet this year.

I've got a group of 8 or 9 that will go away once a year. Sometimes we all go, sometimes just four, and sometimes it's just me and my old man. Have been all over the UK, and every year we will go abroad, usually Spain but was Turkey last year. Aiming to go again in September this year, but that's obviously been cancelled, likely to be April of next year now. I love it, and look forward to it very much every year.

We do an annual trip to the Poconos with 20 guys, most of which I used to caddie with. This year will be 27 straight years, and I may have to miss it for only the 2nd time. I am bummed, but my son’s high school graduation was rescheduled for the same weekend. If they go virtual for the graduation, I have joked that I might be watching it from the Poconos. That didn’t go over well. Of course I wouldn’t miss the graduation for the world, but missing the golf trip leaves a void on the year. Stupid pandemic.

I’m really jealous of some of you guys.

I need a traveling group and to start enjoying the finer things about this game again.

I know lots of guys that have groups and travel every year, most of them have 16-20 guys that go and have been for years so there is rarely an opening. They like to stay in Michigan though and for me personally I'd rather leave the state in most cases. However, cost is always a factor. I've been fortunate to attend some pretty amazing THP events over the years that I usually turn into a guys trip by staying an extra day or sometimes two as well.

To answer your question no not really but I do have some guys I'd be happy to travel with though. For me it could be as small as 4 but more can be fun, I think 12-16 (maybe 20 max) is plenty any more than that and its hard to get to hang out with everyone.

I know lots of guys that have groups and travel every year, most of them have 16-20 guys that go and have been for years so there is rarely an opening. They like to stay in Michigan though and for me personally I'd rather leave the state in most cases. However, cost is always a factor. I've been fortunate to attend some pretty amazing THP events over the years that I usually turn into a guys trip by staying an extra day or sometimes two as well.

To answer your question no not really but I do have some guys I'd be happy to travel with though. For me it could be as small as 4 but more can be fun, I think 12-16 (maybe 20 max) is plenty any more than that and its hard to get to hang out with everyone.
Let’s make a Wolfpack.

Let’s make a Wolfpack.

I'm not a planner. Someone tell me when, where and how much then I'll try to figure out the rest haha

I'm not a planner. Someone tell me when, where and how much then I'll try to figure out the rest haha
We can do this.

I echo this. I travel with some family to play, and I've got one buddy a few hours away that I'll play with 1-2 a year. I've seen some posts with AWESOME guys trips.

I've been luck to be part of a group (now up to 15) that meets the week of Memorial day. We play Ryder Cup format with 3 teams of 5. We play 18 on Monday, 36 Tue - Thur, 18 on Friday. A great group of guys, a lot of fun, great food and plenty of drink during the trip. It's the week I look forward to most during the year.

I’m insanely envious of those who have a “guys group” that that travel with once or more a year for some golf trips. How many of you have that group? How often do you go? Where do you like to go?
You're welcome to join us at The Gethering.

Last couple years I've been joining a group of 8-10 others over in southern IL for a long golf weekend. Condo at the lake, lots of debauchery, been a great time. I just got an invite yestersay for a trip to Iowa this weekend with some of the same guys. Unfortunately I can't make it. Golf was only a small part of that trip tho. They booked the Field of Dreams diamond and farmhouse. Been forever since I played any baseball but dang that sounds amazing plus Iowa is still on my list of states I need to golf in.

Usually do at least one golf/family trip with relatives and buds. Usually either Wichita or STL areas or the UP of MI. Also have some local buds that I join for a half dozen day trips each season to hit up various tracks up to about 3 hours out.

One of my biggest regrets is not staying down at the condos with all the other amazing THPers when sposey and nebgolfer put on their back to back Branson gatherings a few years ago. I got to play golf, share some meals and libations with those guys and that was fun times a million. But since I lived so close I chose to forfiet valuable condo space for all those who traveled. I know I missed a sh!t ton and shoulda spent every minute with thoseguys.

For over 20 years we have a group of 20-30 guys who go to Vegas for four days of golf starting Columbus Day. The group is called Duckbutter; appropriately named because of the amount of duck dung in play the first year. They play a Calcutta tournament. I've been invited every year since 2003 but haven't made that trip yet.

I have been on a couple golf 'Mancations' with smaller groups; Horseshoe Bay, Austin and Houston TX. Since these locations are relatively close I haven't really considered them 'golf trips'. Fun non-the-less.

Regardless, the best golf trips are THP Events.

I have a group of guys that have been going on a trip for 4-5 days for the last 20 years. There are always 8 of us and we have been as many as 16.
This year will be the 21st Annual Brews and Birdies Tour. We change venues every year.
Last year was Kelowna BC, this year is Phoenix AZ. We've been to Portland, Reno, Seattle, Spokane, Yakima, Bend, Mesquite, Las Vegas, St. George. Next year is probably going to be Myrtle Beach. Some of these cities have been visited multiple times. It's pretty funny, when this started 20 years ago, the chatter in the group was about the latest favorite alcohol to drink, the women we were chasing and how much money we were going to take from each other at the poker table. Now....the talk is about what medical procedure you've had since last year and what one is coming up....lol.

No group here and super envious as well.
I joined a private club this year to hopefully build some of those relationships, but the pandemic has not allowed for that yet.

Once a year. Group of 30+. We have an outing at the same resort in nowhere Indiana (Plymouth to be exact).

It's setup with competition, camaraderie, drinks, cigars and food!

Fairly static group of about 16 and then we usually have another 8-14 each year depending on who shows up. Each year seems to have another new person join (usually friends / family of someone else).

This has been going for nearly 25 years - I'm pushing my 10th year in it.

With the location being static, the price fairly static and the group reasonably static it makes it a comfortable trip every year to see old friends and make occasional new ones.

We play 36 friday, 36 saturday, 18 sunday - a jacket and trophy is awarded, a hacker award exists. We do long drives, short drives (you're teeing off the first tee the next round with a skirt btw), closest to the pin, etc.

It's a great weekend and something I look forward to yearly.

My brother and I started to take some golf trips. Last year we played Wolf Creek, this spring we were supposed to go to Myrtle Beach before the virus hit.

This fall we are headed to Coeur D'Alene Golf Resort for a few days.

I do not unfortunately- I’ve only really got one guy I play golf with outside of folks here, and he’s pretty limited in where he can go due to his situation. So THP events is about the extent of my golfing travel.

I need a group.

I need a trip back to True Blue and Caledonia.

@ddec

I’d like to play those courses for sheer fun, not with @MWard screaming at people. ;)

Unless we are making him scream. "Do you speak F'n English!!!"

Unless we are making him scream. "Do you speak F'n English!!!"
In today’s climate, he wouldn’t survive. :ROFLMAO:

Back