jwkde

Reaction score
Handicap
I see handicaps posted in user profiles and related to the THP outing and Morgan Cup

Are these official GHIN handicaps or just estimates? Is an official GHIN handicap required for the THP outing or Morgan Cup?

Thanks

I see handicaps posted in user profiles and related to the THP outing and Morgan Cup

Are these official GHIN handicaps or just estimates? Is an official GHIN handicap required for the THP outing or Morgan Cup?

Thanks

No, they are not.
Outings are available for all skill levels and always will be.
The Morgan Cup does have a handicap requirement, but we use the honor system. It would be hard to get around lying about a skill level when your game will be broadcast for the world to see.

As far as I know, it is up to you to put your legit handicap or not. Some people don't have an official handicap, so they put an estimate. Some people don't want to post their handicap, good or bad, so they put something funny. No rules on this (that I am aware of). I'm sure if you are signing up for something that requires a certain handicap, they will ask for it, not base it on your profile (I'm assuming here). Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

I know mine is official but I don't know about everyone else.......

Thanks folks

Mine isnt GHIN, its based off the the handicap tracker on Golf Digest's "make me better" website.

Real GHIN handicap index for me, updated first and fifteenth of each month.

I used OOB to get my handicap. I honestly did it just for fun as I may try and be a sub next year for a league and wanted to see where I stand.

I know mine is official but I don't know about everyone else.......

Unfortunately I know mine is official but Have a feeling it's going to drop quite rapidly as the lessons I'm taking are beginning to see some results!

Back