NEWS Hank Haney Sues the PGA Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Haney has filed a lawsuit against the PGA Tour. Haney is seeking damages for the harm that the PGA Tour caused him

"for the harm the PGA TOUR caused when it improperly intimidated, enticed and threatened Sirius XMRadio, Inc. (SiriusXM) to suspend and ultimately terminate Haney’s radio broadcast on SiriusXM’s PGA Tour Radio station."

Haney claims the tour has been attempting to interfere in his business ever since he published The Big Miss, documenting his time as Tiger Wood's coach.

For the harm? Seriously? Maybe for the lack of employment :ROFLMAO:

Wow, this is surprising. Oh wait, no it isn't at all.

He better have some "proof" to back up that pudding!

I have to say that Sirius XM Golf Channel has not been the same since cutting ties with Hank. I use to listen all day starting with Michael Breed, then Hank, then ITR and then KMOT. But now, I don't find myself listening to it all that much anymore. I really enjoyed Hank's often lightening rod opinions that inevitably was talked about on the other shows. Now, I notice all just play it safe and discuss the controversy of the day.

This is such a strange turn. Oh Hanky

I have to say that Sirius XM Golf Channel has not been the same since cutting ties with Hank. I use to listen all day starting with Michael Breed, then Hank, then ITR and then KMOT. But now, I don't find myself listening to it all that much anymore. I really enjoyed Hank's often lightening rod opinions that inevitably was talked about on the other shows. Now, I notice all just play it safe and discuss the controversy of the day.
I agree. There was some variance in the shows based on opinions and viewpoints. Now nobody ventures outside the box to express and opinion that's not already widely discussed.

Sounds like someone who's mouth wrote a check he couldn't cash. Going after the tour for poorly articulating your point is bush league imo.

Good for Hank.

sounds like a play to get a settlement check

As a lawyer, I'm interested. Interference with contractual relations can be really hard to prove. Without seeing his contract, I will say that the facts as he alleges them might have some color.

Just read about it on ESPN.com. Haney has been a PITA joke for years. Doubt this goes anywhere.

As a lawyer, I'm interested. Interference with contractual relations can be really hard to prove. Without seeing his contract, I will say that the facts as he alleges them might have some color.

Let me put my legal hat on also. It will be interesting to see how the contract and its wording affects the possibility of success. Without any knowledge of his contract and its terms, it is difficult to speculate as to whether Hank potentially has a case or not.

haney. hes the OBJ of the golf media world. Hes always gotta be in the news or saying something crazy or wearing the wrong shoes. :ROFLMAO:

Hank charges $15,00/day for lessons. He most not be getting many calls these days.

Never thought I'd be discussing tortious interference with a contractual relationship on a golf blog. Haney has to prove that the PGA tour intentionally interfered with his contractual relationship and that it caused him economic harm.

That voodoo pain cream income must be running dry now that he has no place to hock it on the air.

The Tour likes to position itself as above the fray. It endeavors to live in the stratosphere and dictate positions and actions. When push comes to shove they cave and run away. Hank has shown he has no problem mud wrestling. The Tour thru their actions seemingly caused financial harm to Hank. I'll postulate that the Tour will pay him off after they put up their false bravado of innocence. The world of golf needs more Hanks not less.

Never thought I'd be discussing tortious interference with a contractual relationship on a golf blog. Haney has to prove that the PGA tour intentionally interfered with his contractual relationship and that it caused him economic harm.

Haha, same. There could be some damning emails out there where the Tour was pushing for his termination, but even then, he'd still have to prove "causation" and his comments and decision to continue to fan the flames thereafter could significantly hurt his case. I doubt this matter gets anywhere close to a decision on the merits, so we will likely never know the truth.

Back