ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat: Ethan Ganot with Callaway Golf

Hoping to be able to get in here live. Have a few things that popped up on the calendar that may make it hard. So I’ll throw out a question or two.
1. Since the ZooCrew was created and you were hired how has your roll evolved, responsibilities etc....?
2. Since you’ve been in the marketing field, is there any one person that’s had a significant affect on the way you think? You seem to march to your own beat and don’t ever let that change! 👍

I prefer the astronaut photo!

EdVt-Z07.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking forward to this today... As always, work will be minimized in the background here!

Various jobs I've had -- worked in a bagel store, an electronics store, a Day Camp with 50 kids 3-8 years old, as a roofer, some boring consulting jobs, in sales strategy and marketing at MillerCoors, and now for almost 7(!) years I have been at Callaway.

That.. That does not sound like something you did for very long.

That.. That does not sound like something you did for very long.
That was probably the cause of his follicle challenged hair line! 🤣🤣

Dialing this one up in a separate window. I'm locked in.

If Ethan was in a competitive speed eating contest what food would he choose? AND. who would he want his opponent to be and NOT to be...cause that is my question..

If Ethan was in a competitive speed eating contest what food would he choose? AND. who would he want his opponent to be and NOT to be...cause that is my question..

This question is filled with nuance.

Ethan are you a craft beer kind of guy? If so what is your favorite and have you ever brewed your own beer?

What is the most thing you’re proud of during your time at Callaway?

Because I have to ask while it popped into my head, Any luck on becoming the Weinermobile Spokesperson?

Do you have a favorite Callaway campaign/product you've marketed the past 7 years?

West coast or East coast IPA?

Best movie in the past year or so?

sweet. I think I can make this one. looking forward to another lefty talking golf.

Hey @EthanatorCG - is it me, or are golf courses naturally biased against us lefties? At least in the NorthEast (I'm from NY) it seems that many more holes have O-O-B/woods on the left hand side of fairways on many more holes than on the right side of fairways. As a slicer, I notice this, whereas my RH playing partners, when they slice, their balls tend to be between 2 fairways, and at least not requiring a penalty stroke. What's that all about? LOL.

@EthanatorCG During your time in WI what was your favorite place to play golf, both around or outside of Milwaukee?

Right now the world is in crisis management mode in a lot, if not all, areas.
How has this changed, or challenged, your marketing approach.

Just got a call I have head down the hill to meet with my boss right when this is going on, so I'll miss it live.

Questions for @EthanatorCG :
  • As a beer drinker living in Encinitas, have you tried any of the Pizza Port brews? They are from your area, good stuff (I really like their Chronic Amber).
  • What is the bigger marketing challenge within the Callaway product lines (balls, clubs, apparel, ......)?
  • Are there many golf courses staying open in your area (up here in the Sacramento area its about 50/50)? If so, you getting to play much?
  • What's in your bag right now, and how often does it change?
Thanks for taking the time to spend with us here at THP, wish I could follow along live.

@EthanatorCG

Can/will Callaway ever do goofy marketing things, like prank videos with pros, behind the scenes, etc?

Love to see the lighter side of product/company promotion

@greekelite - callaway just did a couple goofy ho to videos from pros for April Fools day yesterday. they appeared on the Callaway community board. i found them funny.

@EthanatorCG with the growing number of golf youtubers and the number of golfers they reach, is more marketing dollars going to them to help spread knowledge about new releases? How does that return on the investment compare to having a pro play a bag of Callaway clubs?

@EthanatorCG which Callaway staffer would be the most fun to drink beer and play 18 with?

Phil Mickelson must be a marketers dream - how much of his social stuff is prompted by the Callaway team? Who originated the Phireside chats?

@EthanatorCG what's the most memorable course that you've played? Have you played Augusta National?

@EthanatorCG the next generation of golfers are really starting to step up. Who is a young Callaway staff player who we should keep an eye on?

Back