Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s rare that I see a golfer not wearing a hat on the course. Do you have a favorite? I typically wear a ball cap. However due to sun burns and such I’m really looking at getting something else to give me a bit more protection.
This Aussie style sun protection hat really appeals to me.
So what’s your gamer hat? Let’s see em.

5A94C889-A2D8-4FDB-92D6-C25C84A18A11.jpeg
E8CB16AD-373A-46D3-B9F4-577C4C90EFDC.jpeg

There’s a titleist ball cap in my trunk but I try to wear my Walter Hagen gambler hat.

Full hat with low, relatively wide brim, usually a Tilley. That's one of them on my avatar. I've had multiple pre-cancers on the upper parts of my face. I've tried even larger brims but at some point it interferes with my swing movement.

Imperial only for me. X210P.

I see @Snickerdog is hat ho like myself :LOL: During the winter/spring it's usually a ball cap but in the summer/fall it's my mission bucket for now until I find a better one. The mission one has a flimsy brim, but I the moisture wicking & cooling of it.
20200222_083819.jpg

I wear nothing but ball cap style. 5 from Ben Hogan Golf and 2 from Bridgestone Golf that I rotate between.

Full hat with low, relatively wide brim, usually a Tilley. That's one of them on my avatar. I've had multiple pre-cancers on the upper parts of my face. I've tried even larger brims but at some point it interferes with my swing movement.
That is a big part of my concerns. The years of fishing tournaments and now golf bring lots of sun exposure. Burned my ears and neck way to many times last year.

That is a big part of my concerns. The years of fishing tournaments and now golf bring lots of sun exposure. Burned my ears and neck way to many times last year.
Sunscreen or cover can be a pain, but it's a must, especially if you have light skin. I wear a hat if I'm outside more than a few minutes, and put on sunscreen from my nose down if I am out for a while. I am fair and have lots of moles. After I had the first pre-cancer on my face my regular doc recommended I just go to the derm and do the whole mole-mapping thing once a year.

Now that I am getting older and the top of the head is getting thinner(barer?:rolleyes:) Im really liking the bucket type hat for full coverage!

Sunscreen or cover can be a pain, but it's a must, especially if you have light skin. I wear a hat if I'm outside more than a few minutes, and put on sunscreen from my nose down if I am out for a while. I am fair and have lots of moles. After I had the first pre-cancer on my face my regular doc recommended I just go to the derm and do the whole mole-mapping thing once a year.
I tan really well and don’t burn over most of my body. However from the shoulders up burns are more common. I am really bad at sunscreen so I have to try other measures to assure some kind of coverage.

Always a ball cap and I have dozens and dozens. Just bought 7 nice new US OPEN hats on ebay this morning.

They're always new and clean and the colors always match my attire.

Aussie Chiller hat is my current go-to, but I think I'll pick up one of these soon:

My favorites 2047AF20-FFF6-4642-931B-A21119E696AE.jpegare the lucky hats

I haven’t worn a hat for an entire round of golf in 15 years. I make sure to apply a ton of sunscreen throughout the day.

There are so many awesome hats but my gigantic head won’t allow it.

Flat brim kind of guy myself. Never liked how I looked in a traditional ball cap.

I wear baseball style hat on course. Rock the flat and traditional brim.

give all the sun we have in AZ, I always consider a full brimmed hat, but just don’t like the look. So I try to apply liberal amounts of sunscreen

I just wear a baseball cap on the course. I've got so many hats from company salesman who came to the work place and left samples that I doubt I will use them all any time soon. My buddy tells me sometimes that I look like a farmer with a couple of the hats I'll wear. ?

Ball caps have been my staple, but the sun and heat of TX is making me consider more protection this coming summer.

Flat brim hat all the way. Trucker style is great because of the air ventilation. I have a couple hats from DVTS that I love because it has a slot to put your tee into

Given my small peanut shaped head size (6-7/8”), it’s really hard for me to find a hat that not only fits well, but looks halfway decent while I’m wearing it. I’ve made the mistake of buying online too many times and have a plethora of hats that I don’t wear because they don’t fit or look right. For this reason, I wear a visor 99% of the time on course.
I may rock a new Taylor Made hat tomorrow, got it as swag and it fits/looks decent on my head.511FFF88-B1F3-4EA7-9019-1B82F1D2DB5B.jpeg

Last edited:
I have quite a few hats in the 15-20 range, mostly Puma, several from my kids teams, majority of them flat bill or slight curve. On the rare occasion that I didn't have a hat with me I had to buy one. I don't think I could play without one.

Back