Have you ever just "known"?

Turtlerancher

2021 Morgan Cup- Go Team Hackers! 😎
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
??
Went to the local pro shop at lunch today because they called and said the Mizuno rep was bringing a van full of clubs today. Wanted to see what I could put in my bag for 4 and 5 irons. Talked to the rep and he handed me a 5 CLK hybrid and a bucket of balls and said "Go try this". No stretching, no warm-up, dropped a ball on the mat and and proceeded to hit the most perfect 185 yard shot like it was on a rope! Walked back over and picked out a 4 to match it. That was it, one ball and I was sold.
Anyone else experience that feeling or is something wrong in my head?🤪🤪

The Rogue fairway wood was that way for me. Instant love.

My Indy putter was kind of that way too. Not necessarily that I loved the shape but it just felt right standing over it.

Went to the local pro shop at lunch today because they called and said the Mizuno rep was bringing a van full of clubs today. Wanted to see what I could put in my bag for 4 and 5 irons. Talked to the rep and he handed me a 5 CLK hybrid and a bucket of balls and said "Go try this". No stretching, no warm-up, dropped a ball on the mat and and proceeded to hit the most perfect 185 yard shot like it was on a rope! Walked back over and picked out a 4 to match it. That was it, one ball and I was sold.
Anyone else experience that feeling or is something wrong in my head?🤪🤪
I've done this with Mizuno irons numerous times but can't bring myself to play them haha

CC: @Jman

yes. the exs220 3W and the 19 BB 3H...kismet.

I have no regrets, went after work and hit a med bucket, 185 and 200 yard distances are consistently covered and so easily. Played them afterwards and it translated to the course like a dream.

My G400 Max driver and the TM M4 irons I tested thanks to THP. Of course, I can't trust my swing enough to buy in based on a single shot. And I hit about 100 balls narrowing down the driver shaft, but I knew that was the driver for me right away.

Those were great feelings, but nothing compared to a summer night in 1978 when, long story short, I was parked in by my manager's out of state relatives. I looked across the kitchen into a pair of blue eyes and damn near drowned in them. We'll be married 40 years in October.

The Rogue fairway wood was that way for me. Instant love.

My Indy putter was kind of that way too. Not necessarily that I loved the shape but it just felt right standing over it.

Rogue fairways were dirty. The 3w was what made me go whoa hold on, I can actually hit this off the ground, and with height.

That being said, I upgraded my 4H after 6 years to the Cobra F9 speedback and it's just silly easy to hit. Same distance, little easier to hit. Love it.

Reactions: KEV
I have not had that pleasure yet. Can’t wait until I do.

I've done this with Mizuno irons numerous times but can't bring myself to play them haha

CC: @Jman
Ughhhhhhhhh. Should have already been bought and had a dime sized wear spot.

Spider tour putter with double bend shaft and sight line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra F8 - 5W. Been a dream since first swing. It’s why I got the F9 in both 3W and driver.

Epic 7W was my unicorn. Perfect stock shaft, perfect shape and distance..

The first 2 balls I hit with the Cobra speedzone 3w I did the same thing & was in complete shock. I would have bought it that day but it wasn't in the budget.

Yes with several clubs over the years. Most recent from a few years ago was a Bobby Grace putter and of all things a Wilson Staff D200 seven wood.

I would add my Odyssey TT #10 but to be honest, I tested a demo one for several weeks because I did not really like the look even though I made everything with it.

The first two mentioned I bought same day because I just knew.

Did this with the Mavrik driver and 4W this year.

Went to a demo day to try a fairway wood. Hit the 4W like butter and fell in love.

They convinced me to try the driver, and I had zero desire. BUt hit it I did and a couple swings later, it was added to the bag.

im playing to many mind games with my clubs to date. i need to step back and breath. not over analyze them, work on what im doing and just hit what ive got.
right now i cant answer your question due to everything thats going on in my head.

After years of hunting around for that “pure feeling of a good hit” with my Ping Eye 2 irons, and many different brands and lines of irons I picked up a Ping G iron and VOILA! That feeling was back!
juat love the way they feel. Still have them 4 years later and will be sending them out for refinishing at the end of this season!

I knew the first time I demoed Mizuno MP-60s. Just bought new MP-20MMC's, and hope to have the same feeling

Also knew with my Callaway Tour Blue Putter. Had it since 2005 and it's still my putter!

Back