Hello from Chicago

jshim

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello! I wanted to introduce myself. I am 32, live in Chicago, am married with 3 little ones, and love golf. I was pleasantly surprised at just how much activity there is here and how civil and constructive the discourse is. I hope to contribute as much as possible to this lively community!

A quick question -- how do most of you follow the rapidly growing volume of content in the forums? I was following the Granddaddy thread yesterday and by the time I checked it today, I was about 100 pages behind! Somewhere in the midst of clicking the next button 100 times, I thought to myself, "Maybe I'm doing it wrong..."

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome! And what you are doing in the Grandaddy thread is about all that can be done to not miss any of the amazing stuff going on there.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP

Welcom to THP!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Welcome. You live in the city?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from the Northwest Chicago Suburbs where the horses run the track (Hint, Hint)

Welcome to THP!

The Grandaddy thread is about the most extreme case of drinking from the firehose there is. Aside from hitting refresh every 5 minutes, I don't know that there is a "good" way to keep up.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Welcome to THP!!

The Grandaddy thread is a thread like none other, so it's 10 times busier than most other threads. Normally, it's not so crazy to keep up, but this is truly an event/experience of a lifetime.

I do! I live near Millennium Park.
Nice. I work in the loop and lived in the West loop for 10 years. Now we're way out on the boonies in crystal lake.

Where do you normally play?

Nice. I work in the loop and lived in the West loop for 10 years. Now we're way out on the boonies in crystal lake.

Where do you normally play?

I ventured out a few times this year to Highlands of Elgin -- probably the closest I've been to your neck of the woods.

The courses I play at the most are Harborside and Jackson Park, driven largely by who I can get to play with me. I also play a lot of random courses in the west and north suburbs (again, depends on who I can find to play with me).

Back