Hello from Las Vegas

Welcome to THP. You'll find lots of helpful info and people here.

Welcome to THP! The important thing is that you found us, you've got your equipment and now you're ready to get out there and have some fun!

Welcome to Paradise!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. Worldwide & coming to Vegas in 17 days!

Welcome to THP. Hope you like it as much as I do.

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

I love Vegas, I had family there for years and years back in the good old days!

Welcome!

welcome to the party

Welcome!

welcome to your new home!

Welcome to THP !

Welcome to THP

Welcome Pirate!

So... according to my work buddies, I'm bad! I took my new-to-me clubs out to the driving range and hit a 100-ball bucket last week. I hit 7 balls with each of my clubs and used the extras for warm up and cool down.

I hit a few balls with each club to try and get a feel for the distances each club would hit. It was too hard to gauge the actual yardage due to the awkward placement of the distance flags on the range. A few swings in, I decided to just get a feel for hitting the ball rather than worry about how far it went. I picked a distance flag out in the field and decided that's where I was aiming.

Out of the 100 balls, about a dozen went straight and true toward that flag. Those dozen were all with irons. I completely missed hitting the ball four times. There were a few swings that landed the club head about 8" behind the ball which caused the club to bounce (I think) and hit the upper half of the ball. A lot of balls took off to the left or right.

I did notice that with the driver, 3W, and 5W that it really didn't look like I was getting any loft on the ball. They weren't rolling across the ground, but they weren't taking off like I expected. I also wasn’t hitting the ball square with any of them. Most balls made contact on the far left or right of the club face.

I felt like I was focusing too much on making powerful hits on the ball after I left. Should I focus more on making a smooth, proper swing before adding power and speed? Should I forget about distance altogether (for now) and just make clean, centered contact with the ball?

After I was done at the range, I went over to a putting green and messed around for an hour. I really felt like putting was soooo much easier. I didn't make a whole lot of the putts, but 90% of the ones that didn't fall into the cup stopped within a 12" radius of it. I did have a few that went a little wild though.

All in all, I had fun. I knew going in to this that there was going to be a steep learning curve. I really need to go with someone who can help me, but timing is tough. I have been looking into lessons. I’m just trying to do a ton of research to make sure my money is put in the right place first.

I have a tendency to type my ass off apparently. Sorry this got so wordy, but thanks for reading, guys!

Back