Hello from San Jose, CA

ShortButCrooked

Reaction score
Handicap
I found this site while searching for reviews of drivers. What a fantastic place. The moderator(s) should be proud of themselves.

A little about myself:

45 years old, grew up in SoCal, now living in NoCal. I play 30-35 rounds per year. A self-taught golfer, I've been playing for 22 years. 5 of 6 years ago I was about a 3. But then I made the mistake of watching my swing on video. I couldn't believe how ugly it was! So I set about to make changes to it. Suffice it to say, I am a much worse golfer now....

I look forward to participating on this site!

Equipment:

Driver: Ping G2
3 wood: Cleveland Launcher
Hybrids (3 and 4): TM Burner
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour
Wedges (54 and 58): Titleist Vokey
Putter: Odyssey 3 Ball
Ball: Whichever tour ball I can get for cheap (currently 2008 Nike One)

Welcome to THP Short! Glad you found us.

Great screen name. :D

Welcome! I've been here for less than a week myself, and already I feel like part of the family.

And I know exactly how you feel about seeing your swing on film. It was an eye-opening experience for me!

Ben

welcome short...you'll love it here

Welcome to THP

Welcome to the site--hope you like to chat!

Welcome to THP Short. I grew up in south San Jose, but now reside in Utah.
This is a great site, good people, fun, contests and of course reviews!!!!!:banana::blob::alien2:

Welcome to THP, SBC!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to chatting with you.

Welcome to THP.

Hey Short - This is a fun place. Glad to have another Norcal golfer here.

Welcome aboard, it nice to see another Californian here.

Welcome to THP! I hope your a Sharks fan :D

Welcome to THP! I hope your a Sharks fan :D

Actually, having grown up in the Los Angeles area, I am a big LA sports team fan. Kings, Lakers, Dodgers, UCLA Bruins. That doesn't make me popular here amongst the Giants and Sharks fans, but allegiances die hard.

I became a Kings fan during the 'triple crown' line years, then some very lean years, followed by the Gretzy/Robitaille years, which were a blast. During that time, Kings games were hotter than Lakers games.

Welcome aboard, it nice to see another Californian here.

Hey Gasman, where in LA do you play? When I was living down there, I played all the munis (Rancho Park, Griffith Park, Balboa, etc.), Los Verdes. My favorite was Industry Hills. The Babe and Ike courses are killers!

Welcome to THP!

I became a Kings fan during the 'triple crown' line years, then some very lean years, followed by the Gretzy/Robitaille years, which were a blast. During that time, Kings games were hotter than Lakers games.
Man, remember how hard it was to find tickets to hockey games in the 90s. This was a hockey tow.

Hey Gasman, where in LA do you play? When I was living down there, I played all the munis (Rancho Park, Griffith Park, Balboa, etc.), Los Verdes. My favorite was Industry Hills. The Babe and Ike courses are killers!

Ive never made it to Industry Hills, I really should check it out. Im on the west end of the Valley so I stick to a lot of the Ventura County course, Tierra Rejada, Moorpark, Rustic Canyon, Sterling Hills, Olivas.... Balboa is my early morning summer course before I hit the office, for some reason I love that place. I still have never played Rancho or Wilson, I would like to though.

Man, remember how hard it was to find tickets to hockey games in the 90s. This was a hockey tow.

Yes, it sure was. Even some of the celebs that used to go to Lakers games were going to Kings games. I remember the craziness during the Stanley Cup finals the one year the Kings made it (and lost to Montreal). I have never seen an LA crowd that loud.

Ive never made it to Industry Hills, I really should check it out. Im on the west end of the Valley so I stick to a lot of the Ventura County course, Tierra Rejada, Moorpark, Rustic Canyon, Sterling Hills, Olivas.... Balboa is my early morning summer course before I hit the office, for some reason I love that place. I still have never played Rancho or Wilson, I would like to though.

I grew up in North Hollywood, so not too far. There weren't nearly as many courses out that way back then. Balboa, Encino, Woodley and Knollwood were the local munis I played. I haven't played any of the courses you mention above. Not sure about the others, but I've heard good things about Rustic Canyon. I liked Camarillo Springs, and I played Lost Canyons once a few years ago during a visit back home. They should rename that course Lost Balls Canyons. :D

Welcome
found the site reading reviews too and am glad I did.Hope you'll be as happy as I am with THP.

Actually, having grown up in the Los Angeles area, I am a big LA sports team fan. Kings, Lakers, Dodgers, UCLA Bruins. That doesn't make me popular here amongst the Giants and Sharks fans, but allegiances die hard.

You have to be kidding me, living in San Jose, and your NOT a Sharks fan?!?

Spoiler
I'm just teasing ya.

Back