Hello from the Windy City!

davethegolfnut

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello All,

I'm excited to join this forum. I live and play around Chicago.

I'm a dual career professional, I'm a professional playwright (mostly musicals) and also an IT professional. I wrote for a local golf magazine years ago, but then kids and dual career got in the way.

In terms of golf, I generally play to around a 12-13. My primary strength is being able to hit the ball pretty straight most of the time. Putting is probably my biggest weakness, but I've been making some good progress with the claw grip recently.

I play the gamut of courses from beat up muni courses to higher fee tracts (GolfNow is my friend). If I could name favorite courses in the area I'd have to say Prairie Landing, Cantigny Bowes Creek, and the Downers Grove 9 hole (when it isn't crowded).

In my bag, currently, I've got
TaylorMade Quad R7
TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
Persimmon 5 wood
Adams XTD irons with stiff shafts (4-pw)
Old TaylorMade TD Pitching Wedge from an old set (to fill the gap since my PW in the Adams goes 125+)
Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges (58, 54)
Odyssey White Hot Tour #7H putter.

If there's one thing in my bag that I'm not happy with it's my irons. On the positive side, the Adams XTDs are the straightest, most forgiving clubs I've ever played. That said, they also have a big springboard effect that makes them highly inconsistent with distance. I see a range of 10-15 yards difference on clubs, and that's real world experience as well as in the nets at PGA Tour Superstore. So, straight, but I never know where I'll be on the green.

I'm looking, really, really closely at the Cobra King One-Length irons, most likely the regular F7, not the forged. The idea has always appealed to me, and I'm more of an arm swinger anyway, so it would likely suit my game.

And... that's me, as an intro, at least.

Welcome!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Welcome, stick around and you'll like it here.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to thp.

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Welcome to THP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to THP

:welcome:

Welcome to the THP community, glad to have you with us!!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard! Definitely check out the One Length review thread, I think you'll find a lot of great info there.

Welcome. Where you from in the area? We're well represented on the forum and come from all over Chicagoland. I'm from the sw burbs but live up in Crystal lake now.

What kind of it work do you do? I'm also in the field.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Welcome to THP - Plenty of Chicagoland Golfers on the site. Look for the Northern Illinois Thread. Fair amount of us live in the Western Suburbs.

Welcome!!! Bartlett guy here, I play all around as well. Everyone on this board would be disappointed in me if I didn't tell you to check out Blackstone in Marengo. If you haven't played Highlands of Elgin put that on your list as well. Stop by the N.Ill thread and say hi, we arrange games over there from time to time.

Welcome to THP! As I'm sure you've already seen, there is a ton of info about lots of different forgiving irons (with more consistent distances). Best bet is to get fit by a knowledgeable professional. Good luck!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Back