jmcintyre

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everybody - greetings from the great state of Wyoming! New to THP this week as a friend recommended it to me (if you see this, Chris, I want to see you in the comments!), and I'm extremely excited to be here. THP already looks and seems to be awesome, and I'm glad we're all able to support a great cause along the way.

I'm a guy in my mid-20s that loves the game of golf, but wishes he was a whole heck of a lot better! I've been playing as long as I can remember, but took a little hiatus from the game in my junior high and high school years. Thankfully, I got back into it towards the end of high school!

Unfortunately, I'm an 18 right now, so I'm excited to pick some things up from you all. I'm a pretty long hitter, which often saves my bacon off the tee box, but my inconsistencies in my approach shots, my short game around the greens, and my putting are killing me and making it all for naught. Needless to say, I'm eager to learn.

Jealous of all you golfers out playing today in warmer climates, as it's a balmy -4 degrees here!

Thanks everybody - looking forward to interacting with you all!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Hey everybody - greetings from the great state of Wyoming! New to THP this week as a friend recommended it to me (if you see this, Chris, I want to see you in the comments!), and I'm extremely excited to be here. THP already looks and seems to be awesome, and I'm glad we're all able to support a great cause along the way.

I'm a guy in my mid-20s that loves the game of golf, but wishes he was a whole heck of a lot better! I've been playing as long as I can remember, but took a little hiatus from the game in my junior high and high school years. Thankfully, I got back into it towards the end of high school!

Unfortunately, I'm an 18 right now, so I'm excited to pick some things up from you all. I'm a pretty long hitter, which often saves my bacon off the tee box, but my inconsistencies in my approach shots, my short game around the greens, and my putting are killing me and making it all for naught. Needless to say, I'm eager to learn.

Jealous of all you golfers out playing today in warmer climates, as it's a balmy -4 degrees here!

Thanks everybody - looking forward to interacting with you all!
Welcome to THP.

Former Wyoming resident checking in. Lived in Casper for about 25 years (my son and his family still lives there) and lived for a short stint in Lander for about 3 years. Don't be a stranger around here. It's a great place!

Welcome to THP.

Former Wyoming resident checking in. Lived in Casper for about 25 years (my son and his family still lives there) and lived for a short stint in Lander for about 3 years. Don't be a stranger around here. It's a great place!
Great to hear, @robrandalgz! And I really appreciate the words. Both Casper and Lander are great places. What's Lander's course like? Playing in a WSGA tournament there this summer and I've never played that track.

Welcome to THP!!!

Great to hear, @robrandalgz! And I really appreciate the words. Both Casper and Lander are great places. What's Lander's course like? Playing in a WSGA tournament there this summer and I've never played that track.
It's not bad, actually, for a muni course. It's been years since I played there and even then it was only once. Put it this way, there was nothing that I really remember particularly about the place. Which means it wasn't exactly spectacular (otherwise I would remember more) and it wasn't horrible (which I CERTAINLY would remember). Where in Wyoming do you live?

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to THP.

HELL YEAH JACK!! I was waiting for you to post something! Welcome to THP brother!

Welcome to forum!

Welcome to THP! I can't wait to hear about your experiences. Dive on in, you'll be glad you did.

Welcome to THP!

It's not bad, actually, for a muni course. It's been years since I played there and even then it was only once. Put it this way, there was nothing that I really remember particularly about the place. Which means it wasn't exactly spectacular (otherwise I would remember more) and it wasn't horrible (which I CERTAINLY would remember). Where in Wyoming do you live?
Got it! From Buffalo, but recently made the move to Cheyenne.

Got it! From Buffalo, but recently made the move to Cheyenne.
Cool. My sister and her family live in Buffalo. And.....I'm sorry that you live in Cheyenne.....:LOL:

I played the Airport Golf Course there a few years ago (they still send me e-mails :LOL:). It wasn't the worst course I ever played. 🤷‍♂️

You got it! All thanks to you brotha - I appreciate it!
You better jump in and converse! It's a lot less intimidating than it seems like at first! Tons of great people here to help out and talk golf (or anything really)

Welcome to THP!

Back