Hero Shot or Punch Out?

185 would definitely be a punch out for me. I play it safe way more than I go for it.

Maybe even more right of the rightest orange line and sling it around the corner but not enough information in the picture that far right. The shot shown looked like a narrower window to work with.

That's about a 10% or less shot for me, zero confidence I'd pull it off. I'd find the biggest, safest gap and punch out. I don't like the possibility of double or worse if I hit one of those trees with a full shot. Even worse, I don't like the chances of a ricochet that leaves me writhing on the ground in agony and whimpering in a falsetto voice while @Mmaynard11 and @JB video it and laugh at me.

Not going to lie... If I really believe I can get through, I'm taking that shot. And I usually believe I can do it. Being in jail is no fun... usually not a great 2nd option.

I was going to punch out, then @Mmaynard11 said you have a small window and JB was like I’m videoing this.

Then he gave me the number to the flag and to carry the left bunkers. Boom 💥

I was going to punch out, then @Mmaynard11 said you have a small window and JB was like I’m videoing this.

Then he gave me the number to the flag and to carry the left bunkers. Boom 💥
You are missing a few things like the line “This could be my Phil moment”

I did say that… Just like Phil from the pine straw.

Well done. I'm probably punching out.

Depends on the situation, with a window like that I probably would have done the same in a round where score likely doesn’t matter much
The window? What window? That was a thread the needle at best! :ROFLMAO:

He did say that didn’t he…😂

I figure my chances of hitting the tree are just as good with a punchout as they are by going for it. So I'll pull a 7W, play a fade, and give it a good ol' whack.

Hahaha, after hours of content weekly for 15 years we kind of expected people to know it.
Probably not used to hearing that level of fear in your voice

No way. I don’t have that distance so it wouldn’t matter.

No one asked how I got there, missed the fairway to the right of Mussolini.

185, Nope that is a punch out for sure. for me at least.

I would punch out.

I usually punch out there, fearing for my life usually leads to poor contact. That said, if it were a match or team event, I would go for it.

Always go for the hero shot if there’s any line at all! What’s more fun, the story of how I shot an 89 or the story of pulling off that hero shot!
happy paul rudd GIF

I 100% would have punched out there. I’ve tried the hero shot around trees like that and it’s never, ever worked out for me.

I’d probably punch out and take my medicine. I’ll take some hero shots but threading the needle with a 185 shot is not my shot.

at 185 yards, I'd probably punch out to get closer

When I got the yardage, I knew that I could get it there no problem, it was about could I thread it out of there.

185 I'd have to see it up close but I'm probably punching out.

Hybrid in my hands and water on the left I should punch that one out. I might give it a whirl depending on the day though. Great shot while being recorded! Always adds some pressure.
Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi playing from the cart added something.
First thing I thought when I played the second video.

Not the left window but if there is a right draw window, I would definitely give it some serious consideration

Back