Hero Shot or Punch Out?

This was presented to us while playing with @JDax and @Mmaynard11

Jdax missed off the tee and was given the choice of hero shot or punch it out.

He ended up clearing the water and carrying the bunker left of the green

View attachment 9245128

So just want to understand----this is a right to left shot through that gap right?

@JDax why are you yelling cut? You're a righty, yell "draw"

JB----your voice is somehow different than i imagined LOL....

All in all i love it

Depends on the shot but from this distance punch out and take my medicine.

So just want to understand----this is a right to left shot through that gap right?

All in all i love it
Hahaha, after hours of content weekly for 15 years we kind of expected people to know it.

In an effort to preserve life and limb.... both personal and tree types... I'm taking medicine and punching out :oops: gutsy play by @JDax

I'd have the same chance hitting a tree either way, I'm going for it!

I wasn't protecting a score, so I just went for it.
Haha. What the heck, might as well try it 👍🏼

What did you shoot?

You didn't come all that way to punch out...hero shot all day! Well done @JDax

Hahaha, after hours of content weekly for 15 years we kind of expected people to know it.

I know , i know.....i'm gonna be better on the content in 2024. lol....i mostly live on the forums.

My wife is sick of Tim Dillon's voice, and tells me i need to find new podcasts. haha

My punch-out game is elite!

Depends on the situation, with a window like that I probably would have done the same in a round where score likely doesn’t matter much

90% of the time I’m probably punching out. In a fun round though, I might give it a try with a knockdown 6i.

the stars would have to align for me to take that on. helluva shot @JDax

I'm punching out of there. Outstanding effort threading the needle @JDax
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

All in all i love it
I could only see the bunkers guarding the left side of green, I couldn’t see the flag, as soon as it cleared the trees I needed to ball to cut to the right.

JDAX.JPG
Just to confirm: did he thread the needle by hitting a draw through the green lines, or a larger draw through the orange lines?

If it's the former, I'm punching out 9 times out of 10. If it's the latter, I'm punching out 10 times out of 10.

View attachment 9245137
Just to confirm: did he thread the needle by hitting a draw through the green lines, or a larger draw through the orange lines?

If it's the former, I'm punching out 9 times out of 10. If it's the latter, I'm punching out 10 times out of 10.
It went through the green lines.

I’m a punch it out player. I hate double bogeys. Probably 90% of the time when I hit a bad drive and I’m in a bad spot I find the best spot to try and hit my second shot so I have the best chance of getting on in three. I don’t 3 putt very often so it’s either a par or bogey. I can live with that after putting myself in a bad position on a drive. That other 10% of the time. Well I don’t use the f word often but you’ll probably hear me calling myself a f-ing idiot.

Back