Hey! Mods and Admins!

Buckeyegolfnut

Reaction score
Handicap
About a 14
What the hell is this crap where you're allowing the AMA to hold us hostage?! I was replying to a post when I was interrupted by an ad that I could not get past no matter where I clicked! This is ridiculous! I WILL NOT be forced to donate to an organization that I DO NOT agree with! Not simply to stay on this site! You have to be out of your minds! Get rid of this nonsense, immediately!

What the hell is this crap where you're allowing the AMA to hold us hostage?! I was replying to a post when I was interrupted by an ad that I could not get past no matter where I clicked! This is ridiculous! I WILL NOT be forced to donate to an organization that I DO NOT agree with! Not simply to stay on this site! You have to be out of your minds! Get rid of this nonsense, immediately!
What are you using that an ad popped up? Never had this happen.

I have never had that happen, and I think THP purposely keeps the ad content to a non-intrusive level and no pop-ups. All that said, if you did get a pop-up, I bet it’s @MWard ‘s fault.

I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to, we have nothing like that on this site. If you can send us a screenshot or video that would be helpful because there is not supposed to be anything like that on here.

I’m not sure I understand. We force nobody ever to spend anything to use this site. We offer the Albatross Club for those that would like to, which helps support an amazing organization like St Jude.

As @GolferGal mentioned above, if you have an image or screen shot, please send it to her, myself or any of our mods via PM.

Sounds like someone has been surfing sites they shouldn't have been.

:p

But yeah never had a pop up

And the AMA, like American medical association?

download (1).png

I have had zero issues ever.. there are add tiles if you are interested but if not no problem..

never had a single pop up of any kind.

never had a single pop up of any kind.
We are not fans of pop ups personally so make sure they are not a part of our site. We could actually make decent money with some, but understand the user experience is more important and because of that do not add them.

Same reason that our forum does not put ads in between posts. We know many do, we know sh***y services like tapatalk does. We do not and our native browser doesn’t include them.

User experience matters

Sounds to me like the OP has some malware issues that is causing redirects. He might want to get a good scanner and clean up his system.

We are not fans of pop ups personally so make sure they are not a part of our site. We could actually make decent money with some, but understand the user experience is more important and because of that do not add them.

Same reason that our forum does not put ads in between posts. We know many do, we know sh***y services like tapatalk does. We do not and our native browser doesn’t include them.

User experience matters

I like the site functionality.. very user friendly.

I believe that he's implying non-AC members get pop-up ads and becoming an AC member makes the ads go away.

Before becoming an Albatross Club member I never had any pop-up ads come up, so the user's issue might not be related to this site.

I believe that he's implying non-AC members get pop-up ads and becoming an AC member makes the ads go away.

Before becoming an Albatross Club member I never had any pop-up ads come up, so the user's issue might not be related to this site.
That isn’t the case here though. We do not have pop ups here. We have standard banners that are always in the same place (sponsors are always listed at bottom of page) and we have google ads that are also staticky placed and never pop up.

We do not control the content in the google ads, as they are tailored to the user by google based on their own preferences setup.

That isn’t the case here though. We do not have pop ups here.
Yep, I know that, and I didn't say there were pop-up ads here. I only suggested the OP feels there are and I mentioned that even before I became an AC member I never saw any pop-ups.

I re-read the OP and sounds like the user's "organization" comment was not directed at AC or St. Jude, but rather whatever AMA is that just happened to come up while on this site and assumed it was from here. Here I thought AMA was American Music Awards haha.

Back