High School football player attacks referee

smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
No room for this in sports. Team subsequently kicked out of the playoffs by the league.

No room for this in sports. Team subsequently kicked out of the playoffs by the league.

agree that there is no place for it in sports, and probably warrants criminal charges. I believe the team removed itself for the playoffs, not the league.

it is a crime, plain and simple. This was also same persons second occurrence. Apparently had similar incident in wrestling. Throw the book at him.

If the kid isn't jailed, then we are nearing anarchy.

Also not the first time this has happened in Texas.

Another interesting twist in this story is apparently this same kid got into an altercation with a referee in a high school soccer game.

If the kid isn't jailed, then we are nearing anarchy.
I refrained from using kid or high schooler in my comment just because I hope he is treated like an adult and has a severe penalty dropped on him.

would be just the typical justice system to call him a minor and get suspended.

He was a district player of the year... probably will cost the kid a scholarship. But its football, in Texas, so someone will give him another chance... and hopefully some anger management counseling.

He should be ineligible from sports via the Texas HS Athletic Association. I dont want him changing schools and becoming able to play.

Saw this earlier this morning on the Texas Tech forum. @BuckNasty is right that he did this in soccer during the 2019-2020 season. There were also two player that did this a 2-3 years ago in San Antonio.

If the team removed itself from the playoffs then that is fine but I don't think they should be kicked out because of this. Not right to punish the other players that have worked hard all year for the actions of one idiot.

What the heck is wrong with people. You don't do this.

Saw this earlier this morning on the Texas Tech forum. @BuckNasty is right that he did this in soccer during the 2019-2020 season. There were also two player that did this a 2-3 years ago in San Antonio.

If the team removed itself from the playoffs then that is fine but I don't think they should be kicked out because of this. Not right to punish the other players that have worked hard all year for the actions of one idiot.
I heard on sprts radio that the scholl was kicked out

I seen this this morning and thought what the heck happened but wanted to know the whole story as to why he did it.

I saw that on Instagram last night and was shocked and not shocked at the same time. Sports have have gotten UBER competitive and some perspective has been lost.

sad to say BUT if he can play then he will get another chance from someone. we see this all the time in the NFL...just look at tryeek hill and joe mixon.

Saw this earlier. Pretty baffling, but kind of in line with how we're going as a society.

If I ever even considered something like this during my junior sports days, I'd be more afraid of my Dad than the authorities.

I heard on sprts radio that the scholl was kicked out

not kicked out, school district voluntarily removed the team from the playoffs, was not the league’s decision from what I’ve read.

Saw this earlier. Pretty baffling, but kind of in line with how we're going as a society.

If I ever even considered something like this during my junior sports days, I'd be more afraid of my Dad than the authorities.
exactly

From Yahoo sports:

The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District announced Friday that it has decided to remove Edinburg High School from the playoffs as a result of the incident.

Just read about this. The fact that he had done the same thing in the previous soccer season should make take a hard look at this person. Obviously being suspended from that season didn't teach him anything.

Though my dad is DPS too lol.

As soon as I saw this I thought to myself, that kid will likely never get to play football again. All because of one moment where he lost his cool.

Totally not right and I hope that ref is OK.

I am a HS basketball official and have been confronted on and off court and has never got to this point. Hope official is ok soon.

As soon as I saw this I thought to myself, that kid will likely never get to play football again. All because of one moment where he lost his cool.

Totally not right and I hope that ref is OK.

Crazy thing is this is not the first time he’s lost his cool. Needs to be banned from all athletics.

Inexcusable behaviour.

Back