Highest Lofted Fairway Wood?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How high could you go? 7 wood? 9 wood? 11 wood?
Where is your cut off and what makes you want the higher lofted fairway woods?

I have played a 7 wood for the last 3 years. I would like to try a 9 wood, but they seem very rare. I could game an 11 wood too if the price was right.

Last edited:
The 7 Heavenwood is my highest right now. Once used the " Divine Nine" for a year.
I like the Heavenwood for hitting out of the rough. Especially if some trees are in play. Fits the gap between the 3 wood and my 4 hybrid.

I'm at 5 wood now. I'd entertain going to 7 wood instead of 4 hybrid depending on whether I felt REALLY confident with it in variable lies - I hit hybrid out of the rough a lot, whereas I'm less comfortable with a wood out of the rough - but that may just be due to familiarity (or lack thereof). Probably wouldn't go past that though.

That said, I have a long game fitting next month where this could all change - we'll see!

My currently highest lofted FW is 16.5. I wouldn't be opposed to going down to a traditional 3wd and then carrying a 5wd.

I have played 7 woods/a Heaven Wood in the past, but now my fairways stop at a strong 5. However, the size of a Super Hybrid is almost the same as some woods and I am currently using a 23 degree Super Hybrid off and on.

I have played a 5 wood. Right now the highest is a 3 wood. I think I want to drop the hybrid and go back to the 5 wood.

Right now I’m playing without any fairway woods. When I do have one it is a 4w.

Currently 17* 4 wood at 3 wood length

min the next few weeks: will have my MC 7 wood at 5 wood length

I do not get along with long shafted hybrid and wanted something that will land softly

Mine is currently 13.5. I could easily go to 15. Beyond that, I'd prefer a hybrid.

7w - its a very useful & effective club. A great 'weapon' to have in the bag

I played 3/5/7 for years, but moved onto hybrids the last few years. Could play either, I just find the hybrids a little more consistent distance wise. Currently carrying a 4W at 16.5˚.

I've played a 7 wood with success for a long time. I've never had the opportunity to try a higher lofted wood but the one deterrent would be the tradeoff of taking a driving iron or 5 iron out of the bag. I need a lower lofted iron in the bag for punch shots / recovery shots

I have never played anything other than a 3 & 5 wood. Right now I carry a 14.5° 3 wood and then go into a 19° hybrid.

5 wood is as high I as I will go. Mainly because I don't like seeing loft at address with a fairway wood.

mine is an 18 deg 5 wood, not sure how i would like one more lofted

I've always had a 5w in my bag ever since I started, and went back and forth between 7w and 4h over the last couple of years. I've got a new 7w en-route, and I couldn't be more excited to get it in the bag, am hoping that it will be a real jack of all trades.

I haven't had a wood in my bag lofted higher that 15* since the Big Bertha 4 wood in high school. I am really looking at getting a 5 wood in December.

Playing a 9w right now.

My highest lofted is currently a 5W. I could play a 7W, but it would probably mean taking one of the hybrids out of the bag and since they're a more versatile club I'd be reluctant to do it.

Currently have a 7 wood. It plays at 20.5 degrees. I don’t think I could go any higher that that.

Currently it is a 5 wood, but would have no issue going with a 7 or 9 wood. My brother had a Titleist 7 wood and everytime we played together I used it every chance I got. That has me wondering what he did with it. Maybe his son inherited it.

I haven't tried anything more than a 5 wood but would not be opposed to going higher if I hit it well

Back