Hitting net and mat

Going with the Rukket and Monster Tee mat.

Solid choice. Love my monster mat. Still debating getting a rukket haack net for my back yard.

I have the Rukknet and the monster mat in my garage. Love them.

I ended up with the Rukket Haack Net and the Fairway Pro Divot Simulator, and I'm pleased with both...

Not to mention what they can do to your game. My PGA teacher has been teaching since the early 60's and he thinks the net could be the worse golf invention ever. Very easy to groove a really bad swing. I have to agree. If you can't see the finish, how do you know the shot was good? Goes without saying that I don't like nets at all. JMO of course.

I have to disagree with him. A golf net can be the greatest practice tool when used correctly. How many times have you gone to the range to work on something, lets say a weight shift, and after a couple of balls found yourself working on correcting ball flight with completely disregarded for working on weight shift? The advantage of a golf net is that is allows you to practice and incorporate what your working on without the distraction of line, distance, etc. However you must occasional the driving range to check our your progress and make adjustments. However, if hitting into a net is your only practice facility than I wouldn't suggest it.

IMO the worst golf invention is the golf wiffle balls. They aren't aerodynamically designed to fly straight yet people will practice with them and contort their swing trying to hit them straight. I have a friend who will hit them between holes when play gets slow to stay loose and all of a sudden his swing changes and he can't keep the ball on the course. Than he's back to practicing with them between holes again changing his swing trying to keep them straight and his game gets even worse.

I have to disagree with him. A golf net can be the greatest practice tool when used correctly. How many times have you gone to the range to work on something, lets say a weight shift, and after a couple of balls found yourself working on correcting ball flight with completely disregarded for working on weight shift? The advantage of a golf net is that is allows you to practice and incorporate what your working on without the distraction of line, distance, etc. However you must occasional the driving range to check our your progress and make adjustments. However, if hitting into a net is your only practice facility than I wouldn't suggest it.

IMO the worst golf invention is the golf wiffle balls. They aren't aerodynamically designed to fly straight yet people will practice with them and contort their swing trying to hit them straight. I have a friend who will hit them between holes when play gets slow to stay loose and all of a sudden his swing changes and he can't keep the ball on the course. Than he's back to practicing with them between holes again changing his swing trying to keep them straight and his game gets even worse.

I agree with you big time here. For drills there isn't a better way imo. I think you need a mirror or camera as well, and of course regular lessons or sessions where you can see ball flight.

Extremely easy to hit the range and abandon a game plan like that.

I use a rough practice mat on my driveway and hit Almost Golf balls into my backward, I hate nets.

I'm thinking of setting up a hitting station in my garage, I'll more than likely get a Monster Tee Mat. Size wise, anyone use the smaller mats like the 13"x20" version Monster Tee has? I can see how the mat would move after full swing impact with anything other than driver... any other issues asides from that? Like with the ball being slightly above your feet?

Net wise, the Rukk net is just too wide for the space I have. I'm thinking of this 6' net from Callaway.

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/callawa...WEd6eG5uVS5W9JVW0Xfs9i4gk8EE4syPg5hoCyxnw_wcB

Spend the money and get the full mat imo. The ball is above your feet and like you said, it's going to move.

Look into net return net.

Thank me later.

I have a callaway net I paid like $150 for and I've had it for like 3 years. It's holding up nicely.

Back